rail express new 37/7s n 37/5s

english electric

its going to be a interesting week cause due out this week is the new rail express mag, its going to contain the lists for the new 37/7s n 37/5s and ive got a feeling theres going to be a few i want :D i hope they do the the lists what you got as a survey when you bought the others, fingers crossed for 37518 and hopefully 37517 and a metals one or 2

Website has been updated:

REM launches its special edition Bachmann Class 37 ‘heavyweights’ with made-to-order models featuring a pair of locomotives wearing the popular Loadhaul scheme, as well as Mainline Freight and Transrail liveries

http://railexpressmodeller.wordpress.com/377s/

Class 37/7 ‘Heavyweights’ (Pack D)

No. 37713 Loadhaul black/orange

No. 37884 Gartcosh Loadhaul black/orange

Class 37/7 ‘Heavyweights’ (Pack E)

No. 37702 Taff Merthyr Transrail Freight triple-grey

No. 37798 Mainline Freight aircraft blue

Wonder if 37702 will have Rectangular buffers...

Bruce

I have wanted a Loadhaul 37 from Bachmann for ages and REx will be doing 2 at once - happy days! I asked the wife tonight if I can have them for Christmas - she doesn't think I can be a good boy for the rest of the year! Might just have to buy them anyway as if I need any excuse!

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Dam...... wanted a old grey heavy weight, never mind, mite be in new catalogue and wont have to buy 2 of em,

Yes I was looking for something earlier too. Very disappointing set of 37s but my wallet will be relived :)

Next week Bachmann make their announcement so I am sure there will be something of interest there. I am hoping for BAAs and/or BBAs. I suspect they may hold off doing 37/7 for awhile yet.

Next week Bachmann make their announcement so I am sure there will be something of interest there. I am hoping for BAAs and/or BBAs.

Hi

I hope your right, I've got 4 BBA's and 3 BAA's I built from Cambrian kits but would like another 6 or 7 to make up a reasonable trainload, I don't fancy building, painting, numbering and detailing another 7 kits though.

I like the Bachmann BDA's though, Just bought 4 from Hattons (£51.00) to go with my 4 Cambrians.

cheers

Bob

Hi Again

I was wondering how many of you find it easy to weather your Rail Express 37's after paying £150 for a pair, I have jast plucked up the courage after a couple of months of looking at 37501/502 to make a start on the underframes.

I must stop thinking about Mint Boxed Sets, I dont usually have a problem weathering or even stripping a brand new Loco (not that I'd strip that pair) it seems to be that Big box that been holding me back.

Anybody else have these problems.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Again

I was wondering how many of you find it easy to weather your Rail Express 37's after paying £150 for a pair, I have jast plucked up the courage after a couple of months of looking at 37501/502 to make a start on the underframes.

I must stop thinking about Mint Boxed Sets, I dont usually have a problem weathering or even stripping a brand new Loco (not that I'd strip that pair) it seems to be that Big box that been holding me back.

Anybody else have these problems.

Cheers

Bob

When I got mine I always intended for them to be weathered and used on the layout - not into paying £150.00 just for them to sit in the boxes.

Anyway these are the results.

post-432-12671907087_thumb.jpg

post-432-126719083562_thumb.jpg

post-432-126719085223_thumb.jpg

post-432-126719087036_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

dont forget that most of the rail express box sets are just special editions not limted ones.

Dont get me wrong they do do limted editions fastline 66, 37 'Hartlepool pipe mill' to name but two but from what i have read the 37 heavy weights are just specials again.

cheers

Simon

ps yes i have ordered one of each 37 set and one each of 03's

Black Hat, they say this year but i'm not holding my breath after the last set of 37's they did smile.gif (my opionin and mine alone)

cheers

Simon

When I got mine I always intended for them to be weathered and used on the layout - not into paying £150.00 just for them to sit in the boxes.

Anyway these are the results.

Hi Mike

They 501 & 502 look really good, that is about the amount of weathering I am aiming at I don't like to see too much dirt as I never saw them in a filthy state, your layout looks pretty good too for what I can see.

Cheers

Bob

this topic is called class Rail Express new 37/7s n 37/5s? and correct me if im wrong as i have not purchased this months mag yet ive only been on their website but i see no mention of new 37/5's apart from the DBS 670 which was announced a while back :mellow:

As for the 37/7's loadhaul is my favourite livery and in my opinion they couldn't have picked a better livery to launch this product with ;) also im glad to see that they have accompanied the loadhaul set with a mixed transrail and mainline freight set which is of the same time period and an interesting combo of livery's B) im sure that some earlier heavy weight modellers are put out by the choice of livery's but perhaps the reason for this is that maybe Bachmann are releasing a RF redstripe heavyweight or a two-tone grey one perhaps? who knows :D

Has anyone ordered by email and had a confirmation email that their order has been recieved. On the website they state they will confirm email orders but still waiting for the confirmation for mine and no reply to the email sent today. Don't want to start phoning to check. (Yes I know I'm a bit over the top but want to check order recieved then can relax, in the old days of snail mail I used to phone to check recieved).

cheers

mark

Has anyone ordered by email and had a confirmation email that their order has been recieved. On the website they state they will confirm email orders but still waiting for the confirmation for mine and no reply to the email sent today. Don't want to start phoning to check. (Yes I know I'm a bit over the top but want to check order recieved then can relax, in the old days of snail mail I used to phone to check recieved).

cheers

mark

I haven't had a reply either, I suspect Jamie is snowed under with orders and emails!

Simon

Archived