Golden Valley Hobbies to announce OO loco at Warley

Andy Y

Warley Model Railway Show 2015

New OO Locomotive to be announced at the show

Golden Valley Hobbies, UK Importers and Distributors of model railway products will be announcing a new OO locomotive at the Warley Model Rail Show at the Birmingham NEC this coming 28th & 29th November.

Fiona Mulhall, MD explained “The model has been under development for quite some time, and with our manufacturing partner attending the show, it felt like the right time to move the plans into the public domain. As with previous products we commissioned and released through our former retail business – OnTracks.co.uk, we’re not keen on announcing items before we have firm development underway.” She further explained “With our next loco, we have already completed full research and the CAD development of the body. We’re now finalizing the electrical components and fine tuning the CAD. Our aim is to move into tooling before the year ends and release this model into the market during 2016”

To see pictures of the loco and the proposed initial liveries you can either visit the Oxford Diecast stand at Warley – which is A12. Or visit our website from Monday 30th  November onwards.

www.goldenvalleyhobbies.com

"The loco will be available to pre-order via ourselves or through all good local model shops once we finalise prices."

• RMweb Premium

I don't believe it - this has been up for about 45 minutes and no froth yet about what the loco might be - is that just because it isn't a Hornby or Bachmann announcement !

Refer to the Hornby "Facebook Page" topic ;)

• RMweb Premium

Thinking back to the previous 'On-Tracks' locos, at least this new announcement will be OO rather than the two continental HO locos that were repainted to represent a small NCB industrial loco and a Taff Vale loco - I'm sure they would have been more popular had they been a bit more accurate.

I did wonder if they would be reintroducing one of those but this partnership is with OxfordRail and the others were Joueff/Electrotren both parts of Hornby International.

If it is A12 it must be a loco from Essex...

Probably an Adams Radial...

Well, they are working with a manufacturer who has just got to market only the second OO atlantic chassis to become available. Think of other Atlantic tank locos of much the same size that ran near the A12, named, pretty liveries. Fundersley and her sisters anyone?

Just as my judith edge kit nears completion...! But I'll have one anyway, hopefully they will do one in the original Scunthorpe configuration.

Paul A.

My Judith Edge one's still in the box, could have done with a couple of these for when Deepcar was on the circuit (not that it's fully retired, just no invites, hint hint!) :sungum:

Archived