Abbotswood junction - Original layout - thread now closed please see Abbotswood and Norton Junctions

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Smashing photos Neil Thanks for sharing

Here are some more courtesy of Brian Thomas

post-7138-0-78544500-1501479533_thumb.jpg

post-7138-0-04985900-1501479564_thumb.jpg

post-7138-0-20316500-1501479599_thumb.jpg

post-7138-0-04149500-1501479638_thumb.jpg

post-7138-0-95272500-1501479675_thumb.jpg

post-7138-0-51146800-1501479725_thumb.jpg

Crew was Jimbo and myself yesterday aided and abetted by the Worcester Loco gang - many thanks Gentlemen, and thanks for being good neighbours over the weekend as always

Western Loco Association gentlemen kept calling by and I eventually succumbed and rejoined - was a member back in the 1970s - thank you too, its been too long

The finale was a photo call we have been meaning to do for a while... perhaps this topic now deserves its own thread!

post-7138-0-62518700-1501479764_thumb.jpg

Right to left (sorry!) D838 D839 D843 D844 D845 D847 D849 D854 855 858 D862 D864

Thanks again to all the crew and supporters

Phil

• Like 14

It was very nice to see the layout in action again. The detail on the stock and locos is superb. Definately worth coming to see

The big ones out side weren't to bad either.

When your layout is stripped down and being rebuilt and you need a test track.

my layout is permanently up and always ready to run if you need a test track for your stock any evening let me know.

I'm only ten minutes away from you and it would only be fair as you've showed me yours I would certainly oblige by showing you mine

Dan

• RMweb Gold

It was very nice to see the layout in action again. The detail on the stock and locos is superb. Definately worth coming to see

The big ones out side weren't to bad either.

When your layout is stripped down and being rebuilt and you need a test track.

my layout is permanently up and always ready to run if you need a test track for your stock any evening let me know.

I'm only ten minutes away from you and it would only be fair as you've showed me yours I would certainly oblige by showing you mine

Dan

Many thanks Dan

Was good to see you and yes please would love to visit your layout some time....

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Somehow the final picture is urging me to buy a Warship; who knows, could become D846 . . .

Judging by the weathering, is D839 ex works Phil?

D839 was a late survivor in maroon Liam and managed to stay looking pretty respectable until she went blue in June 1970 - Andy Y has set up a great resource at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/page/index.html/_/articles/reference-articles/class43 which will give you all the gen and also a link to the pinterest gallery of wonderful pictures

D846 is interesting...when blue initially logo over nameplate like Strongbow, then standard blue - no central lamp iron at one end too

Cheers

Phil

Many thanks Dan

Was good to see you and yes please would love to visit your layout some time....

Phil

If you do visit Dan, Phil, you will see a her nice Warship that I sold him.

I later regretted selling it, :O  and I've had to go out and buy a replacement, good grief, how to do money. :no:  :no:  :no:

• RMweb Gold

Can I add these shots - I did pass by AJ first thing when all was quiet and later in the day but Phil seemed to be dealing with operator error - I thought it best to move swiftly by after a good look at the Warships and Brush 2 on show..

post-1107-0-59179000-1501526780_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-41578200-1501526797_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-51483900-1501526811_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-91794600-1501526879_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-18715400-1501526895_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-17385900-1501526922.jpgpost-1107-0-58203500-1501526942_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-20745900-1501526962_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-62748200-1501526979_thumb.jpg

post-1107-0-39477700-1501526906_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

If the operator was wearing a reddish coloured jumper then I was probably responsible for the error!

I couldn't possibly comment... ok then.....it was something about "route selection"...leading to a completely mysterious short (obviously)

I couldn't possibly comment... ok then.....it was something about "route selection"...leading to a completely mysterious short (obviously)

That was probably something to do with that Blue Pullman. Did you come on Saturday?

• RMweb Gold

Well - the owner is not immune to operator error believe me!

The layout is now back home and tucked up in the garage - this is where it stood over the weekend....

post-7138-0-55627200-1501536818_thumb.jpg

Had a Luton van with tail lift on hire - why on earth have I not had one before, so much easier. And a big vote of thanks to Pheaton for all his help with the delivery/collection arrangements

Looking at this bin which was empty when we started it must have been a good weekend!

post-7138-0-39102300-1501537042_thumb.jpg

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Toddington was a great session

Redditch show next - but before then its filming in the garden next weekend, forecast looking as good as it might be....

This will be the last filming with the layout in its current format, after Redditch its the Swansea show then that's it for this version, bring on Abbotswood Mark 2

Phil

• Like 8

Toddington was a great session

Redditch show next - but before then its filming in the garden next weekend, forecast looking as good as it might be....

This will be the last filming with the layout in its current format, after Redditch its the Swansea show then that's it for this version, bring on Abbotswood Mark 2

Phil

I'm looking forward to seeing the new version Phil, and getting some inspiration.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Andy

I know I get a huge amount of inspiration off here - glad to hear that that I can return some

If our filming goes as planned it will be an epic.....and will be sad to decommission what has brought us a great deal of pleasure, but that will only give us incentive for MK2 I guess

Kind regards

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Probably not too much of the infrastructure Mike

Track .... might reuse in fiddle yard

Signals, signal box, telegraph poles ....for sure.

Considering servos instead of tortoises to avoid boards having to be so deep, but hopefully rest of electronics will relocate

Will have to completely reprogramme ECoS routes of course....took ages to get them right. And power districts too....

So did you say you are at Wedding in UK this weekend?

Phil

• Like 3

Probably not too much of the infrastructure Mike

Track .... might reuse in fiddle yard

Signals, signal box, telegraph poles ....for sure.

Considering servos instead of tortoises to avoid boards having to be so deep, but hopefully rest of electronics will relocate

Will have to completely reprogramme ECoS routes of course....took ages to get them right. And power districts too....

So did you say you are at Wedding in UK this weekend?

Phil

You mustn't forget one obligatory thing Phil - the 'box cat!

I'm guessing the track layout will be the same as mk1?

And just out of curiosity, did Wickham trolleys ever go to Abbotswood Junction?

• RMweb Gold

Ah very true Liam! And the squirrel, white and other rabbits and badgers too....

Track layout may be more prototypical - no up loop - as Worcester chord will give more flexibility, may replace it with the prototypically accurate trailing siding

Am sure Wickhams must have passed through - and will do again once I get it back together with the chip in!

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah yes its a trek .....once had a girlfriend in Blackpool, went up on an Adex to see her.

3 x 117s all the way!

Was it worth it?

Hope the rain stays in Yorkshire on Saturday....

Phil

• Like 1