Orchard Road TMD - BR Blue - The Story Continues

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

I could have used a section of Peco track and just removed the rail, but I wanted to have a few sleepers with their chairs removed. Obviously simply cutting of the chairs could be done, but then leaves an un-realistic hole in the sleeper (due to moulding process I guess). So, no choice but to make new sleepers, plus I wanted a more realistic sleeper spacing! finally, I didn't want to see the webs between the sleepers! I do seem to make my modelling slightly more difficult at times!

Small is beautiful :sungum:

Yes, I agree. I've built several small layouts and get a lot of fun out of them! However, the new layout Burrington Arms is not small though!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Updated exhibition appearances for 2012 -

April 29th - SWAG day at Taunton

Oooh, is this news breaking the Captain's embargo on what's to be seen at the show ? :mosking:

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

I find myself coming back to this thread for ideas a lot recently, the detail is brilliant.

Whilst I doubt I'll achieve anything near as good, you give me something to aim for for my small shed

Thanks - glad to be able to offer some inspiration.

I have few ideas for some further additions later in the year - to go inside the shed - but keeping quite what these are for the moment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

coffee maker and cups and a pack of jammy dodgers knowing you Richard :)

Ah!

Bit to early period for coffee maker, but a kettle with mugs ......

I was not thinking along these lines, something else is being planned, but need to get some more plastic strip ....

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richard

Wow not another loco, you will need a bigger TMD.

RAY70B

I know, but hey that's the trouble when you wander into the model shop!

I think that I probably have enough locos to run 4 layouts now!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice Richard, look forward to seeing that, class 31 keeps slipping me by at the moment, will get one for the new project though.

I do have a soft spot for 31's.

May be something to do with seeing these run through Fremington with clay trains and the rumble across the bridge ....

• 3 weeks later...