Replica Railways Chassis - Warley 2010

97403_Ixion

Hi all,

Replica Railways had two low profile chassis running up and down on their demonstration line at Warley 2010, one with a Class 128 parcels railcar kit built bodyshell on top (I forget the other).

They both ran very smoothly, with the Class 128 railcar moving relatively fast and the other vehicle at a crawl. I gather they ran all day without fault. Not sure on availability... but best contact them for details at Replica Railways Website Contacts Page.

Cheers,

Ixion.

• RMweb Gold

I had a chat with Godfrey about it on Sunday.

It's the chasis they've been developing for years for their forthcoming MLV .

It's all wheel pick-up, all wheel drive, impressively heavy and all the mechanical bits fit between the solebar level and the bottom of any windows, so full underframe detailing and interior detailing are possible. The gubbins inside are being patented, so no copying!

It'll be available with 12mm or 14mm diameter wheels with the chasis set at the correct ride height in both cases.

• RMweb Premium

Is it going to be a variable length chassis? I can see potential for the replacement of older RTR DMU chassis.

Dave.

I had a chat with Godfrey right at the end of Sunday and asked about the chassis length, and I gather that a 57' variant will be done at some stage. Not sure about other lengths though.

Hi All,

This is really good news for us EMU/DEMU/DMU modellers. It is going to fit straight into my Replica conversions and hopefully I will be able to use it in my DC Kits models aswell. Were there any indications of when it will be available?

Cheers for now, Ian

Many Thanks for the up-date, Mick :good_mini:

I'll have to get a couple (at least), and up-date / up-grade my Kirk 2-BILs / Branchlines 2-HAL

By the look of things, this may be quite easy ?.

Cheers

hi,

i used to see alot of the small parcel units, so would like to replicate one in 00...

but what does a low-profile chassis mean??? i am new to the hobby so need info.

thanks for your time

Low profile means if you were to put in a passenger dmu the top of the chassis would be below window level so you could fit an interior of sorts. Bachmann in particular have motor bogies that are anything but low profile fitted within the DMU brake compartment but also visible in the passenger area.

In the case of a Parcels unit having a massive chassis block isn't an issues as there are very few windows. Mine uses a black beetle which is effectively a self contained motor bogie and ideal for my small flat layout, and copes with having a GUV towed behind it, but guess if you went down that route you would need 2 motor bogies for a 3 car DMU or if you have any gradients.

Bearing in mind I built and motorised a DC Kits 128 for about £70, my personal view is the replica chassis seems a bit steep at 1p short of £60.

thanks for clearing that up, i get it now, cheers :)

but is this chassis common to all dmus (such as the 117 mentioned above) or will some work have to be done in order to get it right??

(sorry to sound useless i havent done much of this before)

Thanks

thanks for clearing that up, i get it now, cheers :)

but is this chassis common to all dmus (such as the 117 mentioned above) or will some work have to be done in order to get it right??

(sorry to sound useless i havent done much of this before)

Thanks

Not seen it myself to know what the RR chassis is suitable for , but DMU's were different lengths so may be suitable for a 117 but not a 110 for example.

• RMweb Premium

If you look on their website (url in previous post), Replica list the DMU's and EMU's that their chassis is suitable for. There's also a good picture showing how "low-profile" it is.

Cheers,

Mick

Bearing in mind I built and motorised a DC Kits 128 for about £70, my personal view is the replica chassis seems a bit steep at 1p short of £60.

Possibly for a 128, or any other single car, but for a longer formation it would be worth it. And with BBs costing just short of £43 these days.

I will be looking at these for a project I have in mind, but as 37114 says, I will probably stick to the BB for re-motoring my 121 and xGWR railcar.

Any word on whether this chassis brings the RTR MLV a bit closer ?

The last I heard (at the Poole MRS show, earlier this month), was that Replica were awaiting some detail mouldings from an outside contractor / supplier.

So, it may well be imminent.

Regards

I will definitely use these chassis's in the future for my EMU's with an 8 wheel drive and low profile they have to be a winner.:D

Xerces Fobe.

Remember this chassis has been designed and built in the UK by a British owned company so I hope many on the Forum consider supporting Replica in this venture!

Replica desreve much more qudos IMHO, this looks a great product, hopefully rewheelable and a good drive system!

Top work Godfrey!

Ian

The last I heard (at the Poole MRS show, earlier this month), was that Replica were awaiting some detail mouldings from an outside contractor / supplier.

So, it may well be imminent.

Regards

• RMweb Premium

Remember this chassis has been designed and built in the UK by a British owned company so I hope many on the Forum consider supporting Replica in this venture!

Surely it is made in China?That's the impression I get from their website.

Its been built in China as their website says all through the page though Replica obviously did the design and testing in the UK.

• 1 month later...

Godfrey was at the Marlow, Maidenhead and District MRC show on Saturday and I have the publicity leaflet for his new DMU/EMU chassis which he is happy for me to publish on RMweb andI will do this, this evening. It is looking good for these chassis's to be available at the beginning of Feb and I will be getting my hands on one as soon as I can and will post phots and details here. Xerces Fobe

Archived