New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

The broken point on the entry to the warehouse has been replaced. One of the switch rails had become detached from the tiebar

The rails were cut with a sliiting disc and the point gently eased out of place. The ballast was then scraped away. The large hole is for a Peco motor directly clipped to the point base.

post-408-0-14034800-1367003738_thumb.jpg

The replacement point has been pinned down and ballasted - the ballast has since been weathered to try and match the surroundings.

The hole is covered by trapping a suitably sized piece of brown paper between the point base and motor, using the motor to hold it in place. The point is laid and the edges of the paper glued down to disguise the hole. Then ballasted over.

post-408-0-44401300-1367003752_thumb.jpg

At the last show, we identified a trackplan change that could improve the operation of the layout, as well as providing an extra stock storage line. The existing back platform was a bay road, but by extending it around to the back and feeding it into the fiddleyard, it now becomes an extra through loop on the station.

The front sections of NB have been reassembled for a few more scenic details to be added

post-408-0-51185400-1367004214_thumb.jpg

Cue trip to LMS tomorrow for materials!

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As always, I never seem to get enough pics at exhibitions. These were taken at the recent Derby Ex

As shown originally over on my workbench thread, 60074 made her debut on 6E32 empty bitumen tanks. 67021 heads up a test train with 9523/977997/99666 and DVT 82129 at the rear

post-408-0-98931700-1368490332_thumb.jpg

A low view of the warehouse. The broken point at the entrance to the warehouse siding that was replaced a couple of weeks ago performed faultlessly!

post-408-0-17499900-1368490351_thumb.jpg

If anyone has any decent pic(s) of the by-pass bridge (with new sign gantry) across the middle of the layout, then please feel free to post here. Any other layout pics also welcome.

cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Mick

It was good to have a chat at Derby.

I did get a quick look at New Bryford but not for as long as I would have liked.

Where are your next shows?

Ian

Hi Ian,

Blackburn in September, Stafford in February 2014 and a couple of others in the pipeline.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for letting me have a play on Sunday! Do you have 08417 at all?

Hi Rory,

No problem! I haven't yet got 08417, but based upon Sunday's excursions, I *may* have to do it............

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Rory,

No problem! I haven't yet got 08417, but based upon Sunday's excursions, I *may* have to do it............

Cheers,

Mick

Nah! .................  Cheap Serco and a splash o' the Yello' stuff - TA DAH, Done It :P

( Just need some cheap, non fractured Chassis Brians now ! )

No Picture of the New bus in the bus station then Mick :D.

Good to 'ave a chinwag and exchange "idea's",

129 was in a good position for a downward shot Monday :).

Mike

• RMweb Premium

129 was in a good position for a downward shot Monday :).

Mike

I await your "idea" as to how to model the roof details..... :declare:

Cheers,

Mick

Never say never. (I need to look into traversers.......................)

Cheers,

Mick

Why, 417 escapes every now and then to the 'Real' World ... :)

Enjoy ....

08417derbystation1z1412.jpg

08417 being used to Drag the 1Z14 Crewe IEMD - Derby RTC, ( with 37602 & 37610 on the rear ) back into the RTC from Derby Station, Monday 13th May 2013.

Mike

Hi mick,

The layout is looking great, certainly a lot different from when I saw it back in the 90s .

I like the fiddle yard shot I always try and get a peek so I can see what trains are running.

Can I ask what ballast you use please, I have some todo myself.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi mick,

The layout is looking great, certainly a lot different from when I saw it back in the 90s .

I like the fiddle yard shot I always try and get a peek so I can see what trains are running.

Can I ask what ballast you use please, I have some todo myself.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Can't remember what ballast I used originally - it's been awhile! Fine stone......... - sorry to be a bit vague.  I normally use Greenscenes products these days. Blackmill was ballasted with Greenscenes.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Peter,

Can't remember what ballast I used originally - it's been awhile! Fine stone......... - sorry to be a bit vague.  I normally use Greenscenes products these days. Blackmill was ballasted with Greenscenes.

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks Mick, I will have a look at the Greenscenes ballast.

Cheers Peter.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived