New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Saw the layout for the first time at Ally Pally today. Fascinating to watch with lots to see. Certainly hope to see it again sometime.

Next outings are York at Easter and the DEMU show at Burton on Trent 31 May/1 June

Back home from a busy, but enjoyable weekend - need to unload the layout tomorrow morning and return the van.

In the meantime, a large stiff beverage awaits!

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Looking really nice. Hopefully will be at Ally Pally (3rd time lucky) and get a good look.

We'll say hello.....if we can't sneak past..... :jester:

I counted them out and I've counted them back in again.

Luckily no stock has gone missing................ :imsohappy:

Good to catch up today.

Cheers,

Mick

Mick

lovely to see you again, and the layout too which was a bonus. Really nice to see the locos and trans up close. Last time we were not so up to speed and having learnt a lot since then. Was great to take much more note of the work you do. Was very impressed with the 66 up close. Loved the layout and took a couple of snaps. I'll post them up later. Even though you are sure to others similar. 

No chance to liberate a loco......lol.....

Whilst at Alexandria Palace, Kal spent a lot of time chatting to  Mick / Newbryford, this left me some time to browse, and what better to have a look at than Newbryford the layout, and while there grabbed a couple of pictures

med_gallery_17883_3195_376565.jpgrmweb1176Newbryford1

med_gallery_17883_3195_607327.jpgrmweb1177Newbryford2

med_gallery_17883_3195_743147.jpgrmweb1178Newbryford3

med_gallery_17883_3195_295842.jpgrmweb1179Newbryford4

And some very enviable modelling. The locos Mick updates were round the back. I have no idea why I did not grab a picture, seeing as how I was able to have a good close up view. Too busy admiring his work.  :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Mick, you've hit the big time fella....

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/gallery/2014/mar/23/the-london-festival-of-railway-modelling-in-pictures

Six pics down.....if you need an agent.....

And that's the NB crew in the background in pic 5.

Form an orderly queue for autographs please.....

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Did the colas 70 get an outing mick?

It did - on a rake of 5 JNA's........

Unfortunately, I didn't get chance to take a clear pic of it - hopefully someone will have and post here.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Did the colas 70 get an outing mick?

It did - on a rake of 5 JNA's........

Unfortunately, I didn't get chance to take a clear pic of it - hopefully someone will have and post here.

Cheers,

Mick

Found this video of it - 1m14 in.

Cheers,

Mick

The video was taken by myself , so thanks for sharing it :)

I have been following this page for a while now, but have never seen the layout itself. So understandable I was very excited to see it for the first time at ally pall. You guys have done a fantastic job with the layout and the stock you run on it.

Quite a few locos and wagons that have been added to my wishlist thats for sure! :biggrin_mini:

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

The video was taken by myself , so thanks for sharing it :)

I have been following this page for a while now, but have never seen the layout itself. So understandable I was very excited to see it for the first time at ally pall. You guys have done a fantastic job with the layout and the stock you run on it.

Quite a few locos and wagons that have been added to my wishlist thats for sure! :biggrin_mini:

Jamie

Thanks for posting it to youtube - I rarely watch my own layout from the front!

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

I spent quite a bit of time looking at the layout at Ally Pally, in fact, it was one of the main reasons for making the trek up there!

It's a fantastic layout and has given me a lot of inspiration for the next layout. I'll hopefully make it to DEMU Showcase this year, so look forward to seeing it again!

Simon

Hi Mick,

While it is well out of our modelling interests / period, my fellow Didcot types and I really enjoyed seeing it at Ally Pally - an absolutely cracking job good sir!

All the best,

Castle

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick,

While it is well out of our modelling interests / period, my fellow Didcot types and I really enjoyed seeing it at Ally Pally - an absolutely cracking job good sir!

All the best,

Castle

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Just been catching up with the thread and some lovely pictures here!

I remember your Railway Modeller article all those years ago, I must've only been about 12 or 13 at the time, and it left a big impression!

Great to see the layout at Ally Pally, some excellent structures and nice atmosphere, definitely gets better with age!! thumbsup.gif 

Archived