GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Had a great weekend in Whitby with SWMBO and the weather was lovely, and it was very hot, spent some time on the NYM railway catching the 10;00 from Whitby to Pickering and back stopping off at various places which took all day, stopped at Goathland on the way back home to get some helpful photos of some point rodding etc etc for my next project...

post-7716-0-23571200-1524464448_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-03480700-1524464582_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-69774600-1524464705_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-92994700-1524464835_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-22435100-1524464938_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-85302200-1524465034_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-52339700-1524465169_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-04943600-1524465310_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-57903800-1524465435_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-67818700-1524465592_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

What a grand day out and so much to see. :sungum:   Thank you so much for the track and rodding pictures, these will extremely useful as I have a go at rodding.  :locomotive:  I got etched stools and cranks as well as levers from Hobby Holidays.

John

You're most welcome Guys, trouble is we all think we have an idea where the rods and pulleys go but really we don't ?  we all take notice of the locos and wagons etc etc but miss the important things ?...

• Like 2

l have a nice 'Schools' kit to build next so l was thrilled to see 926 in lined Southern green pulling us back to Whitby,  (l thought l would get some nice pictures when she runs round the train at the end of the line) but was really sick when they changed engines at Grosmount for a Diesel ? (l did manage to get some valve gear detail photos on Sunday)...

• Like 1

Getting on with the Adams O2 need to clean up before proceeding...

Is that the Connoisseur kit George? Wouln't mind having a go at one of them myself if its not too difficult to build. 

What flux are you using?

Edited by tender

• RMweb Premium

George

Your loco building skills seem brilliant. I wish I could get my kit building even 10% as clean as yours.

I think Andy P's Speedy Gonzales acts with layout building have met their match with the speed of your loco building. 

• Like 1

Is that the Connoisseur kit George? Wouln't mind having a go at one of them myself if its not too difficult to build. 

What flux are you using?

Correct Ray and they are really nice kits to build, the flux l get from Hobby Holidays and is water based so you dont get awful smells like others...

George

Your loco building skills seem brilliant. I wish I could get my kit building even 10% as clean as yours.

I think Andy P's Speedy Gonzales acts with layout building have met their match with the speed of your loco building. 

Hello Ray, Thanks for the kind words, l think the secret is to clean up as you go, never leave it until its finished as you cant get into the little corners etc etc if you have all the other bits in the way...when l first met Bodgit twenty or more years ago l would visit once a week and he would have ANOTHER layout built, he has slowed down a lot from those days..not that you would notice Hahahaha

• Like 2

George

I really like Jim McGeown's kits, having made the two LM locos and two guards vans.  Sadly his range doesn't include any more locos that I would use.  They were my first 7mm kits and were the perfect introduction.  I would recommend that certain white metal castings be replaced with brass castings though.

Jim's instructions are also second to none.  And he rolls the boilers!

Best wishes, Paul

• Like 2

Hello Jack, The O2 is slowly coming on but the D3 needs quite a bit of scratch building done as there are some major bits missing, but l enjoy a challenge, the parts look clean in the box but thats not how they were as they were very tarnished having been in the box for many years, but after a good clean up with vinegar-salt-and flour they cleaned up nicely...

Hello Jack, The O2 is slowly coming on but the D3 needs quite a bit of scratch building done as there are some major bits missing, but l enjoy a challenge, the parts look clean in the box but thats not how they were as they were very tarnished having been in the box for many years, but after a good clean up with vinegar-salt-and flour they cleaned up nicely...

Vinegar, salt and flour!! That's a new one for me, George? I use Viakal and a Gariflex block to bring brass back to life.

Regards, Deano.

• Like 1