Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Royal%20040.jpg

from Aidansnews.web.com

Aidensfield_Police_House.jpgThis house was a real police station at one time

Quote from Heartbeatwikia.com

The Police House is simple in it's dimentions being square set, with an office attached to it. There was also a relitivaley large garden with a greenhouse and lots of dry-stone walls. It had a Police light and large board sporting the word 'POLICE' above the blue office door. The house also had a one car garage and a large driveway.

The Aidensfield Police House accomodates the one Aidensfield village 'bobby' and his family (if any). The house has an adjoining room used as the Aidensfield Police Station. This is the Aidensfield police officer's main station as it is open to the public everyday from 9am - 5pm, but Aidensfield residents are able to telephone there at any time. Over the years, there have been two different police houses. In the episode,Accidents Happen, the original police house was blown up by a young boy in revenge for the death of his dog in a police chase accident. This sadly, also ended up killing Dr Helen Walker, the wife of PC Rob Walker who was also left homeless.

The Hornby resin house is an approximation of the original police house

Ashfordly_Police_Station.jpgheartbeatwikia.com

this shows Ashfordly Police station, which is much larger having jail cells. I include the photograph for the car, a Ford Popular patrol car owned by Sgt Blaketon, this was followed by various including a Ford Anglia 105E panda car, Austin mini police van, Rover 2000 patrol car (after Sgt Miller crashes the popular)   and the motorbike a Francis Bennet Falcon F150 followed by a BSA golden Flash 110, and there was a police push bike  :jester:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Sasquatch thinks you should have a go at scratch building that police house. You could use the Wills craftsman stone cottages kit and make a new drawing first!

With what you've shown us so far Jaz you are more than capable and I'm sure once you complete the first building you'll be hooked. And we're always here to help!!  

• RMweb Premium

You can build them how you like. I add little bits of plastic strip under the drain pipes and use spackle or wood filler (water based) to fill all the gaps with a finger and wipe off the smudes and excess with a damp paper towel! The course stone can be sanded with a block to represent  a more dressed look.

Wills windows are my favorite kind to use as they are quite fine and the bars are easy to remove. There's also a generous lip for attaching to the rear of the sheets, which means the window opening need not be accurate.

The only thing is that the sheets require some heavy cutting but I think you have some experience with that?  

• RMweb Premium

You could always use my other method of foam board with embossed Slaters plastic sheet stuck on. The Wills window pack works ok with this too, just need to trim the windows with a Stanley blade. 

Like my Shaun The Sheep farm house and barn. That took me two evening BTW.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

When I did that Dapol House, it was an exercise that a group of us did on our old forum, someone suggested we use an old kit that had been around for years. 

I have heard people rate the Wils craftsman, so I suppose if even I do not use it for the police buildings I should have a shot.

• Like 1

Just spotted the spotty purple dune buggy.  I had one of those!  We're lucky that TSC has no real taboos about clothing colours as he's used to me wearing a lot of pink...

As it happens TLHC when we were just about to get together invited a friend to Rugby so I could be assessed.  "I think he's rather keen," said TLHC.  "Not a chance he's be interested in you," said the friend, "he wears pink and talks with his hands!"

Also just made the connection with Tony's mention of Story Teller magazine.  I was a bit old for it, but my Sister used to be given the odd copy & I think we still have the cassettes.  We also found a couple of tapes I had made with a little portable machine where I read stories for her!

I never understand why guys avoid pink, the dusky pink version sets of a blokes deeper suntan to a T.

Kal had a couple at one time, and I thought he looked really nice in it (and if that made the women think he wasn't worth chatting up? Bonus!!! )

I notice guys like dayglo pink on their motorbikes and gear though.....I think they explain that away .....as 'elf and safety.....need to be seen......

I aways think....want t one seen  :jester:

I have this four plastic model scene cows 5100 £2.60 which I am painting, I liked the guernseys but these have horns so I have been filing the horn off one, The ears are a dodgy size. 

They were Holsteins (black and white) Which was basically white plastic and a dab of black and some pink around the udders. I thought ...hey a quick half hour.........

Well they are improving. Te plastic mould had some nice ripples to highlight. But Here I am still filing off a cow horn, and if it is successful I have 3 more to go. Shoulda stuck to a horned cow!

41nscYlQOcL._SX385_.jpgamazon

I got mine from Trains4u, but I prefer if possible to look at the models I buy to check they are ok. It is really annoying buying something and when it arrives, the mould has not filled probably and I have a thalidomide cow / figure.

Edited by Jaz

This is where I am at at the moment

the one on the left is the one i am mangling

med_gallery_17883_3112_441339.jpgrmweb573cows1

i had to choose the one with dodgy ears (although that mightt have been after I filed, but I think I am innocent of the carnage)

med_gallery_17883_3112_172903.jpgrmweb574cows2

set further back and added to a more complicated scene they would pass

med_gallery_17883_3112_1526.jpgrmweb575cows3

but I am carrying on attempting to make them good enough to be focused on

Did anyone watch the Hinterland series on BBC1 in January, I have just watched it on Iplayer.

Really nice little station in Wales there , with a model railway hidden away inside of the station belonging to the killer.

Brass0four

Thank you

I forgot to say I used

Tamiya white X-2, Revell ochre 88, Revel wood brown 382, and a spot of Tamiya for the main body

XF-1 flat black - especially around the face, nose, eyes, ears , edge of horns,,

and Citadel shade Agrax Earthshade, mostly for the shadows but also for some definition of the muscles etc.

am adding one of the picture's here as they are on the last page

med_gallery_17883_3112_134643.jpg

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2