Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Marcus37

Glad Freebs helped clarify. Foam board can be bought from several reputable places. Amazon / e-bay / Rapid are all sellers and can be compared so you get a good price. For good working practices I think Freebs is probably one of the most knowledgeable people I am aware of at the moment. He and acg_mr both do detailed explanations of how they achieve some of their models. Great reference material. There are plenty of experienced modellers on rmweb, I mention these two as 1, they share details on how to emulate, breaking their work down in to bite sizes, 2. Some great modellers show their finished work which is admirable but give no clues how one might imitate their work. Many people would like to try for themselves, and as you expressed this wish..I mentioned them as from personal experience I know their work to be of a good standard and have information on how to emulate. JCL has a great link on his signature to work he does with a cameo cutter, and he produced some small detail work for acg_mr whose work he was also following. Sharing ideas is to my mind the best part of this hobby. Be willing to show how to avoid mistakes is also very useful. If you are struggling with how best to approach any aspect, feel free to ask on here. I am sure I or others will be happy to help (remembering some people have busy jobs...so instant replies are not always possible) .And will be happy to move onto your of their thread if that is then easier.

Hopefully I am not putting anything on anyone who has not got time, and if so they should say. Real life obviously has to take precedence.

The important thing is that their is always more than one way to skin a rabbit.

Edited by Jaz

some old detailing i put to one side and forgot....

med_gallery_17883_3149_1302.jpgrmweb812langlemodels1

add an extra matchstick with some paint....so two supports for a lifebelt

med_gallery_17883_2806_146805.jpgrmweb1619detail1

a matchstick taken from here made way for the another lifebelt...behind the donkey rides

med_gallery_17883_2806_370557.jpgrmweb1621trawlerdetail3

• Like 4

some old detailing i put to one side and forgot....

med_gallery_17883_3149_1302.jpgrmweb812langlemodels1

add an extra matchstick with some paint....so two supports for a lifebelt

med_gallery_17883_2806_146805.jpgrmweb1619detail1

Thays my Boy, I mean Buoy,  

I mean sorry Jaz    :)

Wow 200 pages and still going strong. Well done.

I also mentioned I was updating the water on Port Lynn Cove. The first step was a whole load more varnish.....

the third life belt is at present just sat on the boat...

med_gallery_17883_2806_118920.jpgrmweb1620trawlerdetail2

I've also bought in the fish boxes.....admittedly a lot for this one little trawler...another vie of the new lifebelt..

med_gallery_17883_2806_36046.jpgrmweb1622lifebeltdetail4

this lifebelt was in another Langlemodels pack....but has not yet been shown off....the varnish is still not dry!!

Apparently the kids found it and one brave kid has taken it for a dip.....not sure what the adults are going to think when they notice.

Then again as a child I thought nothing of lugging my lili out onto the water...not my cleverest idea.....a smacked bottom followed.....

med_gallery_17883_2806_450311.jpgrmweb1623lifebeltdetail5

the light reflecting on the 'water' is looking nice....as are the reflections......

you don't think....no...nooo.......not a shark fin??!!!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

Lots of little details, looking good.  You will probably need to buy another trawler now to go with those fish boxes though.  ;)

Not sure what those trawlermen are up to, too much sauce if you ask me.  :yes:

Never know what to say really, it is just brilliant!

All 200 pages proves is....I gab a LOT.... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

actually....I should say a big thank you to our posters, because it has been an immensely fun process. :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Roco Z21 Control Station

med_gallery_17883_3125_103719.jpgrmweb1643Z21A

med_gallery_17883_3125_126958.jpgrmweb1644Z21B

People may be interested to Know you can use this to re programme your Zimo sound chips. At£ 249.95 new Kal was ecstatic usually it is about 70£ more. An app allows it to automatically update to the latest version. 

Congratulations on 200 pages. I must say that since I have been watching AV I have seen some amazing modelling on a whole range of subjects. Looking forward to the next 200 pages. Did you get the Z21 from Scograil (my local model shop) by any chance? as I see they are selling them at that price.

I have always had great service from Scograil., They sell a whole load of stuff at very reasonable prices. Their website does not do their stock justice. They used to have a tiny shop with everything stacked floor to ceiling with hardly any space to move but have since moved to bigger premises., 

A touch of yellow, these are not new units so not perfect paint, then some white and grey mixed for the ends

med_gallery_17883_3149_564670.jpgrmweb1645knitwingB50A

and some weathering

med_gallery_17883_3149_121328.jpgrmweb1646knightwingB50B

the holes are part of the product which is good as you can secure them so they don't damage locos etc, be sure to pin down safely!!!!

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

med_gallery_17883_2806_569430.jpgrmweb1629portlynncove6

I have wetted some of the sand to depict the wet sand as the tide ebbs and flows

a line of see weed caught on the rocks

med_gallery_17883_2806_687777.jpgrmweb1630portlynncove7

harbour walls

med_gallery_17883_2806_784810.jpgrmweb1631portlynncove8

• Like 4

@Jc mentioned a need for ice-cream.....there's hotdogs and seaside rock too.....

med_gallery_17883_2806_855756.jpgrmweb1632portlynncove9

and the kids have pocket money...so they dash up the slope....wheres the ice-cream man?

med_gallery_17883_2806_207070.jpgrmweb1633portlynncove10

ah he was getting fresh cones,ice creams all round.........

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

200 pages at 25 posts = 5000

​So a big thank to all those well wishers wether they be for 200 pages or 5000 posts. We have enjoyed our selves immensely the last 11 months, and been highly entertained by our posters. Thank you all so much for your support.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3