Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Is that the one   ...........

............   you use religiously every time you are making your tea  .........    :nono:

fresh tea and a tea strainer???!!!!! He's lucky to get an old bag..............................................................making it LOL.........

med_gallery_17883_3493_50356.jpg3811

med_gallery_17883_3493_445225.jpg3812

med_gallery_17883_3493_246137.jpg3813

the colour is more cream than white, but photographs better, pure white often does not photograph well.

And I discovered  way to make it stick! Get a lump and just sand it off above the rooftops, just like real snow and it has some static in it so has a nice tendency to cling. BONUS!!!!

I still need to aadd the icicles, some colour, some slush, some splashes from the passing cars.....but you can see the direction.

• Like 3

fresh tea and a tea strainer???!!!!! He's lucky to get an old bag..............................................................making it LOL.........

Will bring my own   "Caddy",  next time...........and wire up the tea strainer, so you can have static snow.    in July.

• Like 3

med_gallery_17883_3493_50356.jpg3811

med_gallery_17883_3493_445225.jpg3812

med_gallery_17883_3493_246137.jpg3813

the colour is more cream than white, but photographs better, pure white often does not photograph well.

And I discovered  way to make it stick! Get a lump and just sand it off above the rooftops, just like real snow and it has some static in it so has a nice tendency to cling. BONUS!!!!

I still need to aadd the icicles, some colour, some slush, some splashes from the passing cars.....but you can see the direction.

Downwards hopefully.............

• Like 1

I did a trade out for a tree, as I did not want to pull the willow (which was made by one of my sons) apart.

so I lifted this one off

med_gallery_17883_3493_31710.jpg3753

replaced it with an apple tree, and some mistletoe - look for the bits of green.. the white berries being hard to see now because of the snow...

med_gallery_17883_3493_233574.jpg3814

med_gallery_17883_3493_447430.jpg3815

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning Jaz.

Does the snow melt in spring or does the DCC come round to mop it up or, as round here when the leaves drop in autumn, get the blower out?  Or are we in permafrost territory, here?

40C in the North West and no sign of snow.  Phew!  Camel Quay got a sprinkling though all done in Paint, Microsoft Paint that is.   :laugh:

As time is short, I'd better make that my Christmas Challenge effort, if that's allowed.  :scratchhead:

• Like 6

Morning Jaz.

Does the snow melt in spring or does the DCC come round to mop it up or, as round here when the leaves drop in autumn, get the blower out?  Or are we in permafrost territory, here?

40C in the North West and no sign of snow.  Phew!  Camel Quay got a sprinkling though all done in Paint, Microsoft Paint that is.   :laugh:

As time is short, I'd better make that my Christmas Challenge effort, if that's allowed :scratchhead:

I haven't even had time to start my Christmas challenge. :O  Lots of work and travelling then loads of chores to do before the big day. :cry:  Yesterday was mainly baking :yes:

I went to our favourite butchers to get his home made pork pie which are devine...and he was sold out!!!!!! Apparently the smart ones had orders in, but they had some frozen which I can cook...but there will be no jelly :(....so I got 4 sausage rolls frozen too as compensation. We may have to start our diet on Boxing day!!!!!!!

• Like 2

A long view

med_gallery_17883_3493_381066.jpg3819

after the PIR was sanded above to try to copy natural snow fall, I got a car and washed the wheel (time and time again) and ran in in appropriate places 

tHere is still a need for distinctive elements.But we are getting there.

• Like 9

Its an improvement with just the 'snow' on the back scenes

med_gallery_17883_3493_480178.jpg3820

med_gallery_17883_3493_214710.jpg3821

they no longer look stark, and the PIR is from offcuts so basically free. BONUS BONUS.

I do wonder how easy the clean up will be after xmas tho...... :scared:

• Like 1

Now look here   .....     :nono:

Wow Jaz, The snow scenes look fantastic - such attention to detail. Wishing you a  Happy Christmas.I look forward to seeing how AV develops in 2015.

........    don't go encouraging her    .......    :nono:   .............

Jaz   .......     go cook Christmas dinner for that family of yours   ..........      :angel:          ................     and don't go grating PIR all over the Pudding to make it look covered in snow - either  .....      :jester:  :jester:

.....   Oh yes  ....   and stick the Holly stem into the Pudding like the rest of us and don't forget that you are not modeling and use PVA   .......    :jester:

• Like 3

I need to do some work so the puddles show though, of course

med_gallery_17883_3493_164006.jpg3823

but by dipping a large crafting paintbrush 1inch say into  bowl of PIR sawdust I have managed to flick it on windowsills, and on occasions onto the walls

• Like 1

Goodness gracious  .....    how can you possibly think that    ................   yet another "Ageist" prejudice comment    ..............   :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Looks good Jaz. Looking at the second photo it occurred to me that maybe the bollards are a bit too modern

..................    this was simply an early trial for high visibility Boll*cks Bollards - which was delayed in production until the availability of cheap plastic Bollards took over from the original Pewter   ....   thus saving vast sums on Manpower lifting them into place - saving on wages from 6 man Pewter Lifting Teams, to a small Apprentice with a Christmas Cracker Screwdriver    ..........     :drag:

• Like 1

Something that, perhaps might be   .............

The real skill is in writing your name in yellow snow....................................................... :O

Cheers,

Mick

................    something Kal might be more suited to contribute to the scene?        ........................................................................                   hopefully, also  -  in private    .........      :angel: