Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Premium

Just caught up.  I have half read lots of articles on colours of railway stock, and did they weather differently?  Did different works mix the paints differently?  Is the paint on a model the same as on the real thing?  Do we all see colours the same?  I have decided not to get involved in any discussions about did the Cambrian paint their locos, Black or Invisible Green? 

Anyway, here are two paint conversion charts:-

http://www.paint4models.com/paintchart/paintconversionchart20100101e.htm#

http://scalemodeldb.com/paint

When I posted the first colour chart on another thread I got comments that no colour comparison chart was any good, but it is worth a go.

Perfectly true about colours, heck, I have enough problem with yellow! Paint mix, undercoat, how many coats of paint, lighting conditions - lots of variables.

I used the scalemodel colout chart about three years ago to match a particular colour and it works for me!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Loufing out loud.

Loufing   about.

or

just plain......... Louth,     the link, contains some very nice pic's, of overall roof, to no overall roof.

That's one side of this railway game modelling I don't like - seeing the real locations looking so S A D.   :cry:

I think it's time for some more of Jaz's creations.  :yes:

Perfectly true about colours, heck, I have enough problem with yellow! Paint mix, undercoat, how many coats of paint, lighting conditions - lots of variables.

I used the scalemodel colout chart about three years ago to match a particular colour and it works for me!

Cheers,

Mick

There you go, a man of many coats'........... :paint:

Other people seem to be doing recaps of the last year so I'll add some of mine

Goathland Station....

The weir

med_gallery_17883_2878_103179.jpg786

the car parking area

med_gallery_17883_2878_119437.jpg1823

the railway line

med_gallery_17883_2878_213341.jpg1824

the camping coaches

med_gallery_17883_2878_457414.jpg1826

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

That's a shame. The Spitfire was a lovely looking car. Unfortunately though they still succumbed to the same rust problem.

I blame my Dad for my taste in British Leyland cars. He had a Marina coupe in that ghastly mustard colour and then moved on to a series of Rover SD1's. Although the last one he had was a V8 3.5 litre Vitesse. Now that was a bit of a beast,

Ooohh the SD1, I've had a few of them, including the V8 Vitesse and one of the original V8S manual ones. The glove boxes made a wonderful fish tank!!!! I've progressed on to BMW V8's now, I can't help it, I'm a petrol head!!!!!

I think the term in the trade for the wonderful BL Allegro was 'All agro'!!!!

Happy new year to you all

Jinty:-)

Had one of those Chicken Curry vomit coloured Marina Coupes too, many moons and a previous life ago  [i didn't buy it, it arrived packaged with the new wife    ............   that should have been a clue  ..   :scared: .]  ........    

The thing had been reversed until the rear wheels dropped into a ditch   .....    and the metal was so thin, the Monocoque crumpled and left it with very visible ridges across the roof  ....    :O  :O

Quote - I blame my Dad for my taste in British Leyland cars. He had a Marina coupe in that ghastly mustard colour and then moved on to a series of Rover SD1's. Although the last one he had was a V8 3.5 litre Vitesse ............

Ooohh the SD1, I've had a few of them, including the V8 Vitesse and one of the original V8S manual ones. The glove boxes made a wonderful fish tank!!!! I've progressed on to BMW V8's now, I can't help it, I'm a petrol head!!!!!

I think the term in the trade for the wonderful BL Allegro was 'All agro'!!!!

Happy new year to you all

Jinty:-)

A    ...........    "bit"  ..................   have you, by any chance got  ............

HAPPY NEW YEAR    

:rtfm:    :rtfm:   :rtfm:   and so say all of us      

Hopefully we will say lots of  :senile: modelling tips in 2015

And loads of model train information  

Maybe even a bit of painting do you think  :paint: 

Have a good one  :declare: 

PJ

advanced news that Jaz is threatening a Go Slow  .........    :O  :O ..   :no:  ..  :angel:

A long view of the layout....

med_gallery_17883_3001_581962.jpg1900

St Marys Church and the Stately Home

med_gallery_17883_3001_574792.jpg1893

med_gallery_17883_3001_440011.jpg1892

the good old daisywheel  days when you still had blankets...and had to wash em and dry em and hope they didn't smell!!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3001_540994.jpg1890

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Lego was my favourite toy as a kid....I used to build houses...and strange animals...

When I was a kid I had large resin bricks with which I could build small mock Tudor buildings.  

Later I turned to Lego bricks when our kids weren't looking.  :D

So, here's to plenty more building and celebrating in 2015.

post-14049-0-60923700-1420058647_thumb.jpg

Hope you don't object to a touch of GWR Jaz.

• Like 5