ARC Models; New range of 4mm scale products

ARCModels

• RMweb Premium

Just a wee question to you, ARCModels, was wondering whether you have any plans for anything diesel-outline?  I like the look of your industrial steam kits, but they're completely useless to me, yet I feel they're the kind of level I'd be able to make a good job of.  I have, of course, absolutely no suggestions as to what might be a suitable prototype!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I would liked to have produced a kit of this particular loco, however, due to the lack of availability of the Bachmann Thomas range models in this country, I will not be continuing any of the previous Hawthorns or be producing any more.

But, if the Bachmann Thomas range does become readily available, then I will gladly produce a kit of this prototype. 

Hi Paul,

The 18" Barclay kit is now in production, but you are close in that there were delays which is a shame as I'd had hoped to have this released back in September, and now being November it is quite frustrating when deadlines slips, and by so much.

Just keep an eye on both here and Facebook for when this kit is released.

Thank you.

Samples of the new Barclay 18" 0-6-0t with sloping side tanks have been received, and as these have passed, the first batch is expected within the next few weeks.

Priced at £35, this kit is designed to fit onto the Electrotren 0-6-0st chassis.

Features are; Separate buffers, front & rear frame extensions to eliminate any gaps, moulded on coupling hoops (to replace those on the chassis, which cannot be extended due to the more accurate length of the kit body), front footsteps can be fitted either in front or behind the cylinders, full depth coal bunker, enhanced boiler-backhead detail and separate handbrake column.

post-20366-0-30490700-1448052645_thumb.jpg

post-20366-0-89594300-1448052651_thumb.jpg

post-20366-0-10798700-1448052658_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pleased to inform you all that the new Barclay 18" 0-6-0t wish sloping side tanks, is now available and priced at £35 each.

This kit can now be purchased through ebay, or you can make an order direct from myself at arcmodels@fsmail.net

00 gauge 4mm scale, this easy to build resin body kit is designed to fit onto the Electrotren 0-6-0st chassis.

Kit comes unpainted and with full instructions provided.

Thank you.

Edited by ARCModels
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Adam.only my second post, so please forgive me if I am being presumptuous.  Is there any chance that some time in the future, you might consider producing a model of the Hawthorn Leslie 2-4-0 tank as used on the KESR, especially as Roxey Mouldings seem to have discontinued their (beyond my ability to make) brass etching model. I realise that a RTR chassis could be an issue, but one of the 0-4-0 chassis could probably be utiilsed with an extended forward section to accomodate the smaller wheel axle.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Hello Mike,

Yes, the 18" Bagnal is still next in line, but is release date is till TBA.

Thank you.

The 18" Bagnall, is that this one?

post-238-0-74447400-1461583935.jpg

In which case - and I hope it is, as this is THE industrial loco I've always wanted - what chassis would it use?  I can't think of any small wheeled walschaerts chassis off the top of my head.

It's the full valve gear that sets these apart from the the run of the mill inside cylinder jobs, like the big Hunslets...

• 3 months later...

Hi All, 

I've always felt that the demise of ARC Models was a real shame, as it gave entry-level modelers a way into industrial tank locos. 

The kits could, with a little patience, generally be built up something nice and perfectly acceptable. 

As I'd always wanted a slope-tanked Barclay 0-6-0, I had to give the kit a go - I've changed a lot of the fittings to suit my chosen prototype, and also fitted an etched chassis . 

post-5089-0-65214400-1471691666_thumb.jpg

Paul A. 

• Like 5