ARC Models; New range of 4mm scale products

ARCModels

Hi all,

I run a new business and I am pleased to announce my upcoming range of new products.

All items are 4mm scale resin industrial locomotive body kits designed to fit onto ready-to-run chassis.

Items are subject to availability, please contact me at arcmodels@fsmail.net for the latest catalogue and order form.

Items displayed will become available for order within the next 12 weeks, but Andrew Barclay's 12" 0-4-0st with open back angular cab is available for pre-order.

Other items include;

HL No.0458 'Ironside' -designed to fit onto the Bachmann Thomas range 'Percy' chassis

Hawthorn Leslie 'Met' -designed to fit onto the Bachmann Thomas range 'Percy' chassis

Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn 'Bonnie Prince Charlie' -designed to fit onto the Bachmann Thomas range 'Percy' chassis

Andrew Barclay 12" 0-4-0st - designed to fit onto the Dapol/Hornby L&YR 'Pug' chassis

Andrew Barclay 9" 0-4-0st - designed to fit onto the Dapol/Hornby L&YR 'Pug' chassis

Other models will become available in the new year, watch out for my posts.

Thank you.

Adam of ARC Models.

post-20366-0-18758500-1379946194.jpg

post-20366-0-75632600-1379946210_thumb.jpg

post-20366-0-44290100-1379946223.jpg

post-20366-0-63842700-1379946238.jpg

post-20366-0-81740300-1379946245.jpg

Edited by Andy Y
OK'd by Andy Y
  • Like 10

Have you considered doing them without the moulded handrails as many on here would use separate knobs and wire anyway. Or source them and include them in the kits? Looks very interesting still :)

Hello PaulRhB,

The moulded handrails will only feature on the 'starter kits', namely the Hawthorn models, however, the Andrew Barclay models and others will not feature moulded handrails allowing for the extra detailing.

Thank you.

Adam of ARC Models.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly interesting models, any photos of the actual products to post though please?

Here are the first images of my latest kit, the Andrew Barclays 12" 0-4-0st with open back cab.

The chassis shown is from the Dapol 'Pug' kit and is purely for display as the footsteps are very fine.

20 kits will soon be available within the coming weeks, and as a reminder you can still pre-order yours by requesting an order form at arcmodels@fsmail.net

post-20366-0-43951700-1381241716_thumb.jpg

post-20366-0-21434300-1381241732_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Interesting selection. 

I'd certainly be interested in a 9'' Barclay.

I note the chassis you are using with your 12'' barclay is un-motorized. I assume a motorized chassis will also fit? 

looking good so far

Paul A. 

Interesting selection. 

I'd certainly be interested in a 9'' Barclay.

I note the chassis you are using with your 12'' barclay is un-motorized. I assume a motorized chassis will also fit? 

looking good so far

Paul A. 

Yes, both Andrew Barclay kits are designed to fit onto the motorized Dapol and Hornby chassis, the image shown is just for display purposes.

All looks good to me .Maybe someone will do some etched chassis kits to fit as an  upgrade.I'll keep an eye on all this  as I like little industrial's which i know nothing about but they look busy and interesting and useful on small layouts or micros.open cabs are always fun .

martin

• 4 weeks later...

Notice to all interested in my Andrew Barclay 12" 0-4-0st kit

I will soon be taking delivery of 20 kits of the Andrew Barclay 12" 0-4-0st, I highly recommend to those of you who wish to secure your purchase to do so in order to avoid disappointment.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

The 12"/14" Andrew Barclays kit is expected to arrive imminently, there will only be 20 kits available for this first batch, so if you wish to secure your kit, please place you order now, you can contact me at arcmodels@fsmail.net and request for an order form.

Please note; The referencing of 12" and 14" Andrew Barclays is a mistake, as these loco's have no noticeable external differences and therefore this kit represents them both.

Thank you.

Adam of ARC Models.

Adam, may I just ask which 12" and 14" Barclays you are using for measurements? 

SWANSCOMBE is a 12" - which contrasts very sharply with a standard 14" example I'm sure you'd agree:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6197/6119735314_635fdeb5b7_n.jpg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6135/5987792636_87cc31a1e8_m.jpg

It would be interesting to know which example you are basing your forthcoming 9" AB on also..? 

Paul A. 

Hi Adam,

On behalf of one of my fellow Didcot volunteers, when is Bonnie Prince Charlie (or the 'Tug Boat' as he is known at 81E due to his ship's whistle!) going to be available please?

Thanks!

All the best,

Castle

I understand that in trying to explain myself, I have simply dug a hole.

In order to secure more business, Andrew Barclay Sons & Co was one of the first producers to standardising is locomotive design, one of the great advantages of this is the ability to place different cylinder diameters to standard chassis and boilers depending on the requirements of the purchaser, therefore Andrew Barclay's medium sized 0-4-0st could be fitted with either 12" or 14" cylinders without any other alteration and with no external differences, my kit can therefore represent loco's of both cylinder diameters.

I hope this clears it up.

Hello,

I am expecting a very limited production of 'Bonnie Prince' Charlie' before Christmas (hopefully) with a larger batch in the new year.

You can place you order now and those of whom I receive first will secure one from the initial batch.

Thank you.

After some consideration I have decided that due to the confusing nature the recently released Andrew Barclay will now just be referred to as 14" Andrew Barclay 0-4-0st and not as 12"/14" or just 12" as previously mentioned.

I apologise for this confusion.

Its festive time,

Its festive cheer

Its that time of year and to celebrate I am giving you all a special discount on all my products from now up to that very special day

Just send me a request by email at arcmodels@fsmail.net and I'll send you a list of the specially discounted items and order form

Please not; To claim your discount, payment must be received before the 25th of December 2013, payments placed after this date will not longer be valid

post-20366-0-29919600-1386872846.jpg