SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Are we saying that one should have gone to SpecSavers here? 

May I politely suggest you don't. Having visited one yesterday and treated with some lack of understanding regarding both my Christian and Surname ( had to repeat myself three times ) I suggested that the receptionist took up their offer to have a free hearing test on the first floor of the shop.

In fact, I left SpecSavers to their own devices many years ago. Local, proper-job opticians only now, thanks.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just caught a glimpse of JA in 'The Eagle Has Landed'. 

Well I didn't, when was that sequence, then?

Oh, hang on a minute, I was watching a different film about eagles, involving cable cars, mountains and Richard Burton. That would explain it!

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

Who told you about my oppo's mobile ring tone?  (That BTW is the quieter one - his other one is a GPMG firing live ammo and recorded at fairly close range).

I can play the snare drum intro to Where Eagles Dare; never had an Orchestral backing though!

D. Rumstick 

• Like 2

Am I the only one who still, after watching this film many times, tries to guess on the opening credits exactly where that camouflaged aircraft will actually appear on the screen, and still gets it wrong ?

• RMweb Premium

I happened to pass through SJ yesterday afternoon, on my way to New York. (it's a long story)

I almost missed it, as there's not  much there any more.  Poor old LSWR main line.

Time machine time.....................................

post-2326-0-91428600-1483452920.jpg

Did you sniff the atmosphere in the tunnel?

post-2326-0-86202000-1483453174.jpg

Philth

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Wot, be it? apart from a kettle.

Happy New Year Mr Duck.

First one is a Packet.

Second one is the usual Honiton Tunnel east cutting 'problem' (or challenge as CK would remind us was the modern term).

Philth.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Second one is the usual Honiton Tunnel east cutting 'problem' (or challenge as CK would remind us was the modern term).

I can neither confirm nor deny that there may or may not be a problem (or non-problem) that is (or isn't) a challenge (or non-challenge) in or about the vicinity of Honiton Tunnel, or any other tunnel, whether in the vicinity of Honiton or any other location that may or may not be in the vicinity of a railway tunnel (or cutting), nor that this is (or isn't) the correct modern (or old fashioned) term or other description that may or may not be appropriate or inappropriate to this thread or any other piece of fruit cake.

I can neither confirm nor deny that there may or may not be a problem (or non-problem) that is (or isn't) a challenge (or non-challenge) in or about the vicinity of Honiton Tunnel, or any other tunnel, whether in the vicinity of Honiton or any other location that may or may not be in the vicinity of a railway tunnel (or cutting), nor that this is (or isn't) the correct modern (or old fashioned) term or other description that may or may not be appropriate or inappropriate to this thread or any other piece of fruit cake.

While you're thinking about it, have something to sit on, metaphorically speaking. Looks a bit painful literally speaking:

post-6971-0-03446600-1483474381.jpg

And it's neither a problem nor a challenge, but an opportunity, according to a former boss.

After that, we started telling him we had an insurmountable opportunity.

• Like 1