Warship in 7mm

steve fay

Blue with arrows each end for me!

There is photo evidence of one of these on a van train in East Anglia so there is justification for one the Braintree line banana train. Says with absolute conviction!

I'd like a maroon one two but with a Falcon on order as well the credit card went flex that far!

Paul R

• Like 1

Hi Chaps

Here's D821 at Newport with BR arrows both ends.

Cheers GARETH

I have no problem with my images being used by others on here but i would rather they be from the originals rather than copies of copies.

post-4697-0-22237400-1433869639.jpg

This should bring some colour back to it's cheeks!

• Like 8

I have no problem with my images being used by others on here but i would rather they be from the originals rather than copies of copies.

attachicon.gifD821 Newport September 69 Slide 837.jpg

This should bring some colour back to it's cheeks!

Hi

This is a photo off a slide i have and it does not have your copyright on it

It only says D821 Newport no copyright shown 

Cheers

Edited by TEDDYBEAR D9521

Hi Teddy Bear

It is more than likely a Modern Image Slides or a CTLS reproduction which were the two organisations who had the use of my images many years ago. As I say I have no problem with it but feel if they can be reproduced on this forum in a better format then others may benefit from it. You weren't to know they were mine.

I have several other Warships and indeed hydraulics on my Brush Veteran Flickr site which you are welcome to print off if you wish, I just feel it is better getting the best out of the original images rather than copies which have lost a lot of their definition through multiple reproduction. Most of my hydraulic images were taken in 126 format on an Instamatic camera so the images are not as perfect as I would like them to be. However they are record shots and well.....................we would all like to turn the clock back wouldn't we!  Hope this helps.

Grahame

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So far we seem to have identified:

1. The front handrails should have a central bracket to the bodywork on each.

2.  The roof fan grills should sit on TOP of the bodywork, not beneath it.

Any more?

Advance ordered mine have gone for Maroon Full Yellow Ends.

Hi DF, :)

Whos doing MFYE? I could only find Maroon SYEPs?

Thanks in anticipation.

My concerns;-

"I am yet to become an 'expert' on Warships  :mosking:  - what are the first impressions from those in the know, is it worth the money?

BTW, despite Heljans protestations to the contrary, ie that from the Cl33 onwards gearbox problems were/have been eliminated, this has proven not to be the case with their Cl33's and Howes, last time I looked, were out of stock of spare gears for the Class 33 too!?"

Id like to know, are the gears sorted on the new Warships? If they aint, then in legal terms, I am sorry to say that, they wont be 'fit for purpose' or 'of a satisfactory quality' ie they will become 'defective' and Heljan et al will, knowingly be selling a NFfP/NoSQ/Defective item?

Sorry Brian/everyone, Im not saying that I wont buy one but that it's dependant on accuracy and whether or not the thing is reliable in operation/works - such concerns re the latter, need not apply to those who just want a 'shelf queen'. For many, I would say that £500-700 is a 'considered purchase'.

AFAIC, although I would like a Heljan 24/25, I would, at this point in time, rather go the JLTRT route as I can fit reliable mechanicals, yet no one does a Warship in 7mm at the moment.....also with decoders and RC I can get away with one efficient motor and gearbox rather than two power hungry Heljan motors.

Lets hope it comes to market in fine fettle :)

ATVB

CME :)

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

It looks like the two headboard brackets are on the small side too. They are quite prominent on the real thing.

Where is that green one above?

Edited by JeffP

On the subject of power draw on Heljan motors we were struggling to sort out the derailing problems with the class 40 which was a really easy fix if anyone is interested and the current draw from both motors never got above 1 amp.

It looks like the two headboard brackets are on the small side too. They are quite prominent on the real thing.

Where is that green one above?

Hi Jeff, that'll be D818 at Swindon, probably taken c.1980 to 83-ish by the looks of it, during the period that SW were still scrapping 25s.

As for the HJ model.... beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine has bought the old Dainton Bank layout and is in the process of putting it up so I thought it would be nice to see what the Warship looks like on it now that it's painted.

The last picture is on another layout he has which I think looks a bit like Swindon Works?

post-6766-0-46518900-1436562415.jpg

post-6766-0-71198100-1436562416.jpg

post-6766-0-83153800-1436562417.jpg

post-6766-0-02790300-1436562419.jpg

post-6766-0-10253700-1436562420.jpg

post-6766-0-34542400-1436562421.jpg

Edited by brian daniels
  • Like 9

A friend of mine has bought the old Dainton Bank layout and is in the process of putting it up so I thought it would be nice to see what the Warship looks like on it now that it's painted.

The last picture is on another layout he has which I think looks a bit like Swindon Works?

You have some lucky friends!

Nice work Brian, really looks the part.