Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

That sector plate looks impressive, how much space does that leave for the scenics?

12ft along under the window for the scenic section on that side Ray, the sector plate is 5ft x 1ft so 3 tracks wide. It will just take a 37 and 5 of the Oil Tanks.

• Like 4

Andy,

Your modellig skill and ability when it comes to creating layouts provide much inspiration. As ever, the speed of your progress is always simply astounding!!! You have things up and running before the majority of us have even managed to stir ourselves to put pencil to paper to draw up plans...

Lovely job with the sector plate by the way - looks so neat. Successful working will be key to operating the layout and it looks like it is spot on! :) Keep up the good work!

Edited by south_tyne

Andy,

Your modellig skill and ability when it comes to creating layouts provide much inspiration. As ever, the speed of your progress is always simply astounding!!! You have things up and running before the majority of us have even managed to stir ourselves to put pencil to paper to draw up plans...

Lovely job with the sector plate by the way - looks so neat. Successful working will be key to operating the layout and it looks like it is spot on! :) Keep up the good work!

Thanks very much David, luckily I have some very good friends in our Club, and so this time Mark said he would do the boards, as I would only be able to manage one every couple of days at the moment. We  / HE ended up doing 6 boards yesterday between 9am and 4pm, and that included the Sector Plate which he has done to perfection.

He aloud me to drill out about a dozen pilot holes, and cut some small bits of timber, but other than that, he just asked what I wanted next.

I hope to show more very soon.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

So today a start was made with the New Baseboards, my mate Mark from our Club came around, and he has all the PROPER tools as he is a Kitchen and Floor fitter.

I could tell he's qualified, he drinks lots of Black coffee with two sugars. 

attachicon.gifIMG_5705.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5706.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5707.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5708.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5709.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5710.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5711.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5712.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5713.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5714.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5715.JPG

Hi Andy,

Mark has done a good job there mate.

As you say he is qualified, I was around my neighbour's the other day and he has a builder and a sparky in at the moment and they both drank black coffee with two sugars. :yes: :yes: :yes:

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

Mark has done a good job there mate.

As you say he is qualified, I was around my neighbour's the other day and he has a builder and a sparky in at the moment and they both drank black coffee with two sugars. :yes: :yes: :yes:

But could your neighbour's sparky wire DCC or the builder lay track?

Andy

Just catching up with things as I haven't been on here in a while ...

Your layout building is incredibly prolific. You must have built about a dozen since I started planning my latest... and I still haven't laid a single bit of track!

Keep up the great work.

Stephen

The baseboards look good Andy, I like the sector plate, how did you mark out the curve in it? I've a little request as well, if possible when you lay the track could you include a couple of pcs of laying the sector plate as I've just built one but had trouble getting the tracks alligned, I've done it but the tracks on the plate are really too close to each other.

Thanks

Andy

Just catching up with things as I haven't been on here in a while ...

Your layout building is incredibly prolific. You must have built about a dozen since I started planning my latest... and I still haven't laid a single bit of track!

Keep up the great work.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen, but I don't as many as I used to, I used to do 3 sometimes 4 in a year, some finished some just track and some scenic, but enjoyable all the same.

The baseboards look good Andy, I like the sector plate, how did you mark out the curve in it? I've a little request as well, if possible when you lay the track could you include a couple of pcs of laying the sector plate as I've just built one but had trouble getting the tracks alligned, I've done it but the tracks on the plate are really too close to each other.

Thanks

Thanks Steve, Mark marked out the end of the sector by getting a spare length of ply, putting a screw through at the pivot point, and then a small nail in the end where the arc had to be scribed. Once scribed, it was cut to shape, and then laid over the main board to transfer the arc to there as, hence a nice fit.

I will do the tracks and photograph them as I lay them for you mate. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

To DCC? :no:  :onthequiet:

I can just imagine it Andy - the speed settings control the speed of the stairlift, F1 turns the shower on, F2, the downstairs lighting, F3 kitchen lights, and F4 sets the oven timer on Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes!!! :). Just what ever you do, don't ask about F20-F24 :). Even the electric kettle, which no longer whistles like the old one did, now has a Paul Chetter project on, giving a Stanier hooter when tea is ready!

Yes....surely you have heard of it

Domestic Cable Circuits!

Nice try, I'd have gone for Digital Component Control conversion for Analog users :)

Rich

• RMweb Gold

So today a start was made with the New Baseboards, my mate Mark from our Club came around, and he has all the PROPER tools as he is a Kitchen and Floor fitter.

I could tell he's qualified, he drinks lots of Black coffee with two sugars. 

Nice work Andy - two sugars .. thats a good sign, apprentices only take one!

What has he used for the baseboard tops? Im guessing something like five ply?

Rich

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, Mark marked out the end of the sector by getting a spare length of ply, putting a screw through at the pivot point, and then a small nail in the end where the arc had to be scribed. Once scribed, it was cut to shape, and then laid over the main board to transfer the arc to there as, hence a nice fit.

I will do the tracks and photograph them as I lay them for you mate. 

Thanks Andy.

A good tidy up this morning and 6 of the 7 new boards in place, and Pen Y Bont set up ready for my mate to come around and view it tomorrow night. If he doesn't want to buy it, then I will take it to the Tip, :nono:  :nono:  :nono: salvage all the bits I can off it, :sungum: (still the best option really) and then I can start to lay SMS & DEY.

post-9335-0-69767000-1536502836_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-86369200-1536502893_thumb.jpg

I can even see my Workbench again.

post-9335-0-89587400-1536502948_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

A good tidy up this morning and 6 of the 7 new boards in place, and Pen Y Bont set up ready for my mate to come around and view it tomorrow night. If he doesn't want to buy it, then I will take it to the Tip, :nono:  :nono:  :nono: salvage all the bits I can off it, :sungum: (still the best option really) and then I can start to lay SMS & DEY.

I can even see my Workbench again.

attachicon.gifIMG_5718.JPG

DEY??  Have I (yet again) missed something here .... Diesel End Yard ... Drat Everyone Yells ??  Far too tidy to be a WORK bench Andy :P  TOPS looks good tho, nice to have a clean canvas to go at.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 3

DEY??  Have I (yet again) missed something here .... Diesel End Yard ... Drat Everyone Yells ??  Far too tidy to be a WORK bench Andy :P  TOPS looks good tho, nice to have a clean canvas to go at.

Rich

DEY? All will be revealed very soon mate, so NO you haven't missed anything YET.

• Like 1