Forum slow to load, internal links too.

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, billy_anorak59 said:

Wondering if anything has changed over the weekend regarding page names or indexing? None of my Firefox bookmarks linking to RMWeb topics work anymore, and just take me to the forum top-level.

Is this a known thing and I've missed it somewhere?

Same thing for me , also Firefox .

My layout thread book mark go's to forums screen .

Not a rant Andy .   

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Same thing for me , also Firefox .

My layout thread book mark go's to forums screen .

Not a rant Andy .   

Same is happening to me with Google Chrome.

Also clicking on the link in the an email is taking me to a page as per the below screenshot, with no content other than that shown.

image.png.18dfa60390b3e28b13063a7e6655442d.png

Edited by Geep7
Uploaded correct image

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Sidecar Racer said:

Mine has now gone back to normal ,  :scratchhead:

Seems to be working correctly for me now as well.....

• RMweb Premium

Also very slow here , since Friday . But just in case it helps when refreshing and its taking its time I've had the following messages at the bottom of screen

waiting for eventsportsxchange.com

waiting for mid.rkdms.com 

Something to do with advertising pages loading maybe ?

Edited by Legend

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Legend said:

Something to do with advertising pages loading maybe

I've run it without ads and the underlying issues remained so the ads aren't a root cause.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

So far today I have had time out error 522 twice, "RM Web Offline" in the browser search box (never had that before) when I clicked on the saved bookmark and several very long waits before any page loads.

IMHO it is a lot slower normally than it used to be.

I think it's time Andy upgraded the Server processor from that Pentium based one he's been using:D

• RMweb Gold

30DE5EBD-9816-4AD7-B012-DA61408594ED.jpeg.4c6e1041776eab08d7e27077c125ae29.jpeg

Getting this page a lot this morning.  Not sure of the merit of signing in to or out of a website that is unavailable.

This page does have the virtue of indicating that RMWeb is “up” on those “is the website down” sites.

Cheers

Darius

Page loading glacially slow for me last night and again this morning. No timeouts or "currently unavailable" screens (yet) but something is very obviously not functioning as smoothly as it normally does.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Getting this page a lot this morning.  Not sure of the merit of signing in to or out of a website that is unavailable.

From about 04.00 GMT the system seems to have turned itself offline (for non-admin users) until I turned it on about 06.30 but it's run very slowly since but is slightly improving it seems. I'll be monitoring it.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

30DE5EBD-9816-4AD7-B012-DA61408594ED.jpeg.4c6e1041776eab08d7e27077c125ae29.jpeg

This page does have the virtue of indicating that RMWeb is “up” on those “is the website down” sites.

Cheers

Darius

I’ve had this quite a bit but after first trying to sign-out/back-in (don’t!) discovered that if you just click somewhere on the page it all comes back as if nothing had happened. 

A few things seem odd. I notice the up/top-of-page button has disappeared. Perhaps more tweaks/site changes have sparked the recent issues. I’m just glad to have access whatever.

Does seem a bit more ‘normal’ this morning.

Bob

• RMweb Premium

PLease note this is not a 'Rant' , but hopefully informative for Andy Y and the Mods who have my ongoing sympathy for all they're having to deal with at the moment.

After a day of relative normality yesterday, I'm sorry to say I'm finding that RMWeb i really out of control for me this morning. Ignoring the known 'slow response' issue, the most significant problem was while posting in a topic where I made my usual quota of typing errors. When back keying and correcting errors, the reply box closed, the screen scrolled variously to another topic or another post in the same topic. When I re positioned the cursor and opened the 'reply to topic' again my text up to the point where I made the error was present (including the uncorrected error) and I had to repeat the correction and further text I'd keyed before things went haywire. This happened several times in succession 

Then when trying to select this topic to post this, the system (a system?) seemed determined that I'd not be able to access, the screen switching between other topics. Then when I did manage to get to this topic, I instantly got error 524. 

Windows 10 laptop MS Edge.

Regards, 

John

Regards,

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2