Forum slow to load, internal links too.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Wrong shape of Banana????

Don't start me on that one; someone stood in our town's Market Square furthering his ambitions based on shapes of bananas.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

I have a complaint!

It's all going far too fast and you can no longer make a brew while waiting for whatever you were waiting for to happen.

I'm very good at idle thoughts - but there's not even time for one of those!

Please slow things down again:diablo_mini:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

.... pushing water up an incline tomorrow for a break...

There was a machine for doing that! (Diagram at 4 mins 47 secs).

Edited by DIW

So for the past few days I have been practicing on a 'production' robot server, I did my training a couple of years ago but didn't get a chance to access a live robot until recently.

Unfortunately, the Virtual Machine it is located on has been under specced and the first upgrade available costs someone an additional 89 pounds a month with no guarantee it will resolve the issues, so my partner in crime on this escapade is deducing the min required specs versus what it's going to cost.

In the meantime, I have to endure minutes waits whenever a new dialogue box needs to be displayed, if I make a mistake I know I have made it but the whole thing locks up for several minutes until the dialogue box arrives to tell me of the mistake I already knew I'd made.  This is just to develop a simple log on to a website, run a report, download it and email it to a mailbox.  Completely unworkable when I look at a proper client led scenario where the expectation on turn around time will be a lot higher than me 'playing about to relearn'

Who said IT is always fast and reliable, luckily I have RMWeb for the downtime bits in between.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Its going like the clappers - hooray!

Yes, the last hour seems to have been as it should. I wait with trepidation to see if it holds. I hope it does.

However, I will be extremely annoyed if that emergency reboot in the data centre of one of the drives was the solution as I've been badgering the hosts for weeks about issues with anything from straight denials that there's a problem through to obfuscation in pointing the finger elsewhere hence me getting through boxes of Elastoplast to keep things limping along whilst discussing big migration projects.

We shall see.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

However, I will be extremely annoyed if that emergency reboot in the data centre of one of the drives was the solution as I've been badgering the hosts for weeks about issues with anything from straight denials that there's a problem through to obfuscation in pointing the finger elsewhere hence me getting through boxes of Elastoplast to keep things limping along whilst discussing big migration projects.

I wonder if they'd admit if the emergency reboot had anything to do with it - especially if there might be talk of migration projects.

Anyway, time will tell ... .

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, JJGraphics said:

I think it's now time that someone in a senior position at Warners took on board what a bad image that all the problems with RMWeb are projecting about their brand and gave Andy the resources needed to help him get things back to normal.

John

As long as they don't decide instead that's it's causing too much hassle and dump it. :)

• RMweb Gold

It seems to be a lot better this week (although Sunday morning it was dire). I'm still seeing the occasional lengthy pause but for the past couple of days it's seemed quite acceptable to me.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, JJGraphics said:

I think it's now time that someone in a senior position at Warners took on board what a bad image that all the problems with RMWeb are projecting about their brand and gave Andy the resources needed to help him get things back to normal.

John

Actually, you could argue it the other way around: You could say that the RMWeb brand is suffering from Warners problems...

The direction for any content publishing is clearly online and more interactive so I'd argue that RMWeb is the more important brand for the future.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, rab said:

As long as they don't decide instead that's it's causing too much hassle and dump it. :)

It would most likely generate an amount of bad publicity if they did that. I doubt they'd chance that in the present climate which is difficult for publishers.

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, AY Mod said:

[LON2] HV5 fault reported, scheduled 28 minutes ago
38 minutes ago

We are currently investigating issues with HV5 at our LON2 data centre and will be performing a reboot in 10 mins in an attempt to restore service.

Ingrish pleeze.

I didn't understand any of that, so it must be right.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, St Enodoc said:

Ingrish pleeze.

I didn't understand any of that, so it must be right.

You should feel sorry for @SteveCole, three times this week he's had to put up with me talking in TLAs, GBs and SLAs on Zoom calls. Getting in practice for talking to America next week. :)

• Funny 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Legend said:

Great to see it back to normal . Well done Andy ! 

I'll only start to feel more comfortable if we don't get any more glitches between now and Monday.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

You should feel sorry for @SteveCole, three times this week he's had to put up with me talking in TLAs, GBs and SLAs on Zoom calls. Getting in practice for talking to America next week. :)

TLA=three letter abbreviation! At least you have not had to use a FUBAR

• RMweb Premium

Ok you /they fixed the speed issue,

But the thick white bar descending from the top of the screen has reappeared, that leaves a slot just big enough to see two lines of text,  between keyboard and white bar except the stupid video box is covering some of that. So most of the time I can't see what I've typed..

Sent from an Android tablet computer.. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, TheQ said:

But the thick white bar descending from the top of the screen has reappeared

I've asked if that can be addressed, I even used the word 'please' . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3