Model Rail Scotland 2022

arran

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, CathcartCircle said:

No Hornby??? Will miss my usual wee chat with Simon! 

Yes, it's a big shame they have pulled out. That being said I would anticipate a somewhat lukewarm reception from many on this forum even if that's maybe not a fully representative cross section.

Either way very excited and looking forward to attending on Friday.

Guest Locomotion No. 3

The Locomotion Models team look forward to travelling north on Thursday to prepare for Model Rail Scotland in Glasgow this weekend.

You will be able to see and purchase items from the National Collection in Miniature on stand A17.

It will be great to cross the border again after a two year absence and to meet customers old and new.

Dennis

• RMweb Premium

I've been mulling over whether to attend this year for a few weeks. Model Rail is normally one of my regular yearly exhibitions. During a wakeful period very very early this morning I decided that I wasn't going to attend this year. Final decision! Fast forward a few hours and a day off from work has been arranged for Friday, a pass out from the wife agreed, train tickets bought and a plan of attack (which layouts and vendors to visit in which order) drafted. My wife is out for "lunch" with friends on Friday. I wonder who spends the most money.

PJ10

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Can anyone give me some advice please, I am clearing my late Father's house & he has a fair amount of 1970s to 1990s 00 gauge stock.  I know nothing about 00, but appreciate that it is probably worth pennies.  

Would there be any traders at the show who it would be worth me speaking to regarding clearance ?

Much appreciated Duncan

1 hour ago, cardean said:

Just had a look at the Exhibitor Listings:- B29 listed twice, once for Great North of Scotland Rly Association & secondly the same stand number, B29 for the Transport Treasury Publishing.

Apologies if this has been interpreted wrongly.

I expect it’s a typo, the GNSR Assoc. is probably to be found at C29 around where the other Scottish Pre-Grouping associations are.

Really looking forward to this show, I think this will be the first model railway show for many attendees since Model Rail Scotland 2020.

I’ll be on Stand No B8 operating Loch Dubh (Falkirk MRC) on the days I’m there.

Brian.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, duncan said:

Can anyone give me some advice please, I am clearing my late Father's house & he has a fair amount of 1970s to 1990s 00 gauge stock.  I know nothing about 00, but appreciate that it is probably worth pennies.  

Would there be any traders at the show who it would be worth me speaking to regarding clearance ?

Much appreciated Duncan

Rails are there:

https://railsofsheffield.com/pages/sell-to-rails

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ken.W said:

From what I've seen on the News this evening Covid Passports will still be required for the SEC this weekend as apparently they end on Monday?

Ours ceased to be needed here a month ago.

Yes, they will still be needed for Model Rail Scotland.  I have mine ready.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ken.W said:

From what I've seen on the News this evening Covid Passports will still be required for the SEC this weekend as apparently they end on Monday?

Ours ceased to be needed here a month ago.

Attendance rules are publicised the same as every other exhibition. Different countries, different rules, nothing new here to discuss, meet the rules for attending and have a great weekend. 

I’m more interested in the Layouts, Associations and Traders at MRS than finding reasons not to attend.

Brian.

Hi everyone

Just for information, here is a link for the entry requirements for Model Rail Scotland.  Please note that these are set by the SEC and not by the Model Rail Scotland organisers,  any enquiries should therefore be addressed to the SEC not the organisers.  I am not involved with Model Rail Scotland and am only posting this to try and be helpful.

https://www.sec.co.uk/events/detail/model-rail-2022

Best wishes

Roddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, turbos said:

Attendance rules are publicised the same as every other exhibition. Different countries, different rules, nothing new here to discuss, meet the rules for attending and have a great weekend. 

I’m more interested in the Layouts, Associations and Traders at MRS than finding reasons not to attend.

Brian.

A bit Harsh ?  The gentleman sounds like he may be traveling in FROM another country. He has come to a forum ( an information exchange bereau ?) To a thread dedicated to the MRS show to comment on the fact that rules may still apply here that no longer apply to his part of the world. A timely reminder to others traveling up to our fair show to check they have what info they need to attend. Someone simply posted up a link to the relavent site GIVING that information (Thank you !) Reading your comment it came across almost as b#@@£& you jack, stop clogging up the thread with irelevent information TO ME ?

As you say, Enjoy the show :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes I can imagine some people may get caught out because the regulations in Scotland are different from UK . Ironically up here the need for Covid passports will end the day after exhibition so you will still need one . You also need masks for public transport and inside shops , which I understand you may not need down South

Just things to be aware of 

Got my FFP3 mask  so I'm looking forward to a good exhibition 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Is it still 30mins early admission for advance tickets this year, or just advertised times?

Getting excited now, travelling tomorrow for prompt entry on Friday.

Paul.

21 hours ago, Roddy Angus said:

Hi everyone

Just for information, here is a link for the entry requirements for Model Rail Scotland.  Please note that these are set by the SEC and not by the Model Rail Scotland organisers,  any enquiries should therefore be addressed to the SEC not the organisers.  I am not involved with Model Rail Scotland and am only posting this to try and be helpful.

https://www.sec.co.uk/events/detail/model-rail-2022

Best wishes

Roddy

Thanks for posting that link. Whilst I could have found it myself it is great to have it here as it makes things easy, especially for  those of us who live south of the border. The rules are clear and simple to follow.  I'm considering dancing round the exhibition so I won't need a facemask. ;)

Looking forward to visiting the show over the weekend.

Edited by Chris M