KMRC Guildford branch third anniversary event and 20th year of the business celebrations.

The Kernow Model Rail Centre are holding the first of several events to celebrate the 20th year of the business; the first is also marking the 3rd anniversary of the opening of their Guildford Branch with a special in store event on Friday 29th April.

The Guildford branch opened on 1st May 2019 and was chosen as a location as being familiar to KMRC, following the then regular exhibition attendances in the area, and noting there was a lack of any dedicated model shops to be found in the locality.

The event at the Guildford store on Friday 29th April will include: a brand new Exclusive product announcement, a range of special offers available only to those that attend on the day and sneak previews of a number of not yet announced forthcoming releases.

Visitors will be able to meet the members of the Guildford branch team and also the opportunity to speak with Chris Trerise, Managing Director and Graham Muspratt, Development Manager. Our team member Simon Paley will also be on hand to sign copies of his book: Colour Light Signalling for Model Railways.

Chris Trerise, Managing Director, said: “As the Kernow Model Rail Centre enters its 20th year of business we felt it would be good to start our celebrations with this event at the Guildford branch that also marks the anniversary of the first expansion of the business that has since expanded even further with the opening of our dedicated mail order warehouse in 2021.” Chris also added: “We will be having further events and special offers throughout the year to mark our 20th year milestone, so keep an eye on our website and social media channels to find out more.”

The Guildford store is located at: 75b Stoke Road, Guildford, GU1 4HT and is open between 9.30am and 5pm.

• Like 8

Yes it certainly is good to see a model railway company thriving - especially one which has been so innovative and imaginative. The range of LSWR models has been of special interest to me and all have really impressed. Here's to the next 20 years. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

*This Friday*

A reminder that the first of several events to celebrate the 20th year of the business, with our  first also marking the 3rd anniversary of the opening of our Guildford Branch with a special in store event is this Friday 29th April.

See OP for full details.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

Can you tell us the number of the silver roofed 47 you previewed at Guildford or is it a secret?

I could tell you it's between number 2 and 4 but that's a secret... 

• Funny 1

Spent an enjoyable couple of hours at the Guildford shop today. Was good to see the new items coming through, including seeing Rapido's Lion doing several laps of the window display layout. 

IMG_20220429_132229.jpg.e1173b478e6fe04254d9f0095c829ab6.jpg

IMG_20220429_132223.jpg.d7f8470e9c62a7b12d1059f11cea47e4.jpg

IMG_20220429_132218.jpg.e3433d6e758a519f5f5f151d1431cd0d.jpg

Colin 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ColinW said:

Spent an enjoyable couple of hours at the Guildford shop today. ....

Sorry to say, by the time I got there the crowds had subsided and there were only about three 'public' in the shop - the redcoats outnumbered us two-to-one but gave the impression of having done their stint of showing-what-goodies-we-have-to-offer and were huddling in groups, nattering among themselves. I doubt if my visit lasted five minutes.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Sorry to say, by the time I got there the crowds had subsided and there were only about three 'public' in the shop - the redcoats outnumbered us two-to-one but gave the impression of having done their stint of showing-what-goodies-we-have-to-offer and were huddling in groups, nattering among themselves. I doubt if my visit lasted five minutes.

Regrettably I didn't make it as a 'shopping'  excursion was requested required by the management and as it would be nice to have something to eat over the coming weekend I had little choice (but it also gave me an opportunity to pay a cheque into my newly opened account.

• RMweb Premium

I went straight from work and was there for a lunchtime hour and a half.  I enjoyed catching up with the crew after such an enforced lengthy interval and came away with a few goodies.  Somehow I managed to leave a few bits I had intended to liberate on the counter (and which weren't paid for so there's no loss) so that does mean another trip will be made sooner rather than later.  

The new product announcement was of significant interest as were the items on display which cannot yet be discussed but will be announced formally in due course.  Suffice to say there will be some wallet-opening called for in these quarters.

A happy business birthday to KMRC and its Guildford branch.  They are now one of the big players despite the size of their shop-floors.  Well done.  Keep up the good work.  

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

The new product announcement was of significant interest as were the items on display which cannot yet be discussed but will be announced formally in due course.  Suffice to say there will be some wallet-opening called for in these quarters.

Did they get everyone to sign non disclosure agreements? 🤪

It’s on twitter!

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Did they get everyone to sign non disclosure agreements? 🤪

It’s on twitter!

I don't do Twitter so I cannot comment.  The bossman allowed one or two images of some items into the public domain.  He also allowed me to photograph other items as a trusted customer and friend knowing that I would neither be specific as to what they were nor would I share those images elsewhere.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

I don't do Twitter so I cannot comment.  

Neither do I but I’ve been sent it by two people, Mostly why I prefer the official announcements on here rather than teasers some manufacturers do, I’d gone looking at their thread and wondered why so I won’t post it then, but very welcome :) 

Photographs you cannot show, things you cannot talk about......must have been one hell of a party....... didn't you have to put blindfolds on at the door and be spun round 20 times?

...... unfortunately I was washing what hair I have left and couldn't make it........

In conclusion...... nothing to talk about here!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 29/04/2022 at 16:23, Davidjsmith said:

Can you tell us the number of the silver roofed 47 you previewed at Guildford or is it a secret?

On 29/04/2022 at 16:32, Graham_Muz said:

I could tell you it's between number 2 and 4 but that's a secret... 

If that’s a hint at 47003, I would certainly like a SF silver roof 47. And 47003 survived in that livery until 1992. I would hope it looked like this

British Rail class 47 diesel locomotive 47003, Stratford diesel depot. 1981

rather than in its later guise though.

47003 Tinsley

On 07/05/2022 at 19:16, brushman47544 said:

If that’s a hint at 47003, I would certainly like a SF silver roof 47. And 47003 survived in that livery until 1992. I would hope it looked like this

British Rail class 47 diesel locomotive 47003, Stratford diesel depot. 1981

rather than in its later guise though.

47003 Tinsley

Wonder how many people will want to pay £240 + p&p for a DC ready one?

It's a huge ask....... Never even bothered with a 47012 at just below £168.....