RMweb Premium - No Google Ads

Message added by AY Mod,

If you are still seeing Google ads or pop-up videos after registering for Premium please do make sure you have followed Steps 1-4 in the first post - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/171928-rmweb-premium-no-google-ads/

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, melmerby said:

What's this GIF89a and control characters at the bottom of the reply?

I'm not seeing that; could you do a screenshot please? Is it just in this topic or everywhere?

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Mike_Walker said:

Signed up this morning, payment taken and confirmation email received but I'm still seeing Ad Version and scrolling down the Themes I can see no mention of Premium.

I can see you signed up Mike but the integration script doesn't seem to have been run (Step 2 in the instructions) but I've manually got you switched now so you shouldn't see the ads.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

@AY Mod   Just tried to set up and pay, but it doesn't seem to like my Password, so I have requested it, but after some 15 minutes it hasn't come through. I don't seem to have a SPAM folder to look into either on my G-Mail..

HELP please.

Checking on the system the only person I can see with your name has an AOL email address registered rather than your BT one you use on here. I could be a different version of you of course. Were you using the correct email address? Has it gone to a different one? Is it worth starting a fresh registration with your BT email address?

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

Andy, I have signed up and paid, when trying to run the integration from the link I am getting a "Fatal Error" message, not sure what i have done incorrectly. Apologies Steve

I'll keep an eye for further reports. I've checked the order system and can see the successful transaction so I've manually sorted the usergroup for you now. Thanks!

• RMweb Premium

Andy, Thanks for arranging all this. I've signed up and all seems well. Even if it hadn't gone to plan, it's worth the £12 for what you get normally.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253
spelling
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I'll keep an eye for further reports. I've checked the order system and can see the successful transaction so I've manually sorted the usergroup for you now. Thanks!

Hi Andy many thanks all sorted now 

Edited by younGGuns7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Checking on the system the only person I can see with your name has an AOL email address registered rather than your BT one you use on here. I could be a different version of you of course. Were you using the correct email address? Has it gone to a different one? Is it worth starting a fresh registration with your BT email address?

@AY Mod   I changed from BT many years ago Andy, at the same time that G-Mail took on You Tube, most strange. I'll try registering again. My E-Mail is a G-Mail one.

If I re register, will I still be on all my Threads?

Also if I try and Log in from my new E-Mail address it tells me that there is already someone with my name, = yes me. 🙄

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I'm not seeing that; could you do a screenshot please? Is it just in this topic or everywhere?

Hi Andy

It's just this topic AFAIK and I can't add an attachment so I'll PM the screenshot

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TerryBewdley said:

Hi Andy signed up yesterday but still seeing adds have I messed up registration?

Did you carry out Step 2 of the process Terry?

Go to the Integration page - http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php and login with your World of Railways account and RMweb account and this should automatically reconcile the permissions so you get your extras as soon as you've signed in.

• RMweb Premium

Just signed up (I'd stopped looking for news of the non-gold option a while ago) and paid.  I've been through 'Step 2' twice but the heading still shows 'Ad Version'. However, I can see the gold lounge and since I use adblock I don't think there is anything needing to be done.

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, zarniwhoop said:

Just signed up (I'd stopped looking for news of the non-gold option a while ago) and paid.  I've been through 'Step 2' twice but the heading still shows 'Ad Version'. However, I can see the gold lounge and since I use adblock I don't think there is anything needing to be done.

You need to select the premiun theme at the very bottom of the page

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, dhjgreen said:

You need to select the premiun theme at the very bottom of the page

Sorry David, the bottom of which page ?

The integration page has a link to return to the forum, then details of what I would get if I upgraded to World of Railways Plus.

No link for a theme on the main page, nor (as far as I can see) on my profile

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, zarniwhoop said:

Sorry David, the bottom of which page ?

The integration page has a link to return to the forum, then details of what I would get if I upgraded to World of Railways Plus.

No link for a theme on the main page, nor (as far as I can see) on my profile

Any page on the forum, at the very bottom of the page you are posting in eg

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, dhjgreen said:

Any page on the forum, at the very bottom of the page you are posting in eg

Oh, in the faint text underneath the f links to farcebook - I normally stop scrollign if I ever see those links, thinking it's the end of hte page. Thanks.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's worth subtly mentioning...

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE FIRST POST!

A fair number sign up and don't do step 2, or if they have they haven't told me there's an issue.

And then read step 4.

Or just go back and read 'em all again, there's only four. ;)

• Friendly/supportive 8