What O gauge do you want to see from Accurascale?

So on a similar vein to the N gauge thread; what would you like to see from Accurascale in O gauge?

Starter for 10;

- HST power car - Feels an open goal and would surely be popular

- Sentinel 0-4-0 diesel shunter (similar to the 4mm Hornby variant) - Ideal for small layouts 

- class 55 Deltic - The Heljan one doesn't cut it for me shape wise (bulbous nose, tumblehome wrong) and Accurascale have the drawings etc already

-Class 37. Similar to the above, the Heljan roof is wrong which compresses the bodyside.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

For me a Sulzer 24/1 boiler fitted and / 25/0 without boiler.  Both types with headcode boxes.  BR green with or without SYWP

Thornaby EE Type 3’s BR Green. RSH build with split headcode boxes.

Edited by D5158
Updated text.
  • Like 5

Something to go with the HUOs, a loco to push a few around a small yard, but one which would be useful in all sorts of other places too. Something like a J71 or J72 maybe, very long lived (starting as the NER E and E1) and plenty of livery and detail variations. One still exists so there's an obvious Exclusove edition or two to be had there!

1211457175_NYMR175Gala8thMay2011(20).JPG.2197973552a25e3fde48deedaedbd391.JPG

That could also be a good link to having the NER hopper wagons scaled up too, or, do them first, then the loco?

Either way, I think there's a potential for lots of winners from that! Though my bank balance wouldn't be one of them!

Cheers

J

• Like 3

A Class 22 diesel, perfect for branches main lines and everything else! It a big missing gap in the O gauge hydraulic fleet -apart from the D600s of course, though one of them would not go amiss  either. Please beat Heljan and Dapol to it, pretty please too!

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

On 24/02/2023 at 21:09, D5158 said:

For me a Sulzer 24/1 boiler fitted and / 25/0 without boiler.  Both types with headcode boxes.  BR green with or without SYWP

I would add the class 25/1 to that, preferably in as built condition of GSYP .

Not an O gauge modeller but the Accuracale finesse and attention to detail would have me consider one as a display item, but runable on a friend's layout.  Another friend is building colliery locos and stock so it would provide a great exchange sidings cameo appearance. 

Add to that the Bagnall DL2 diesel (Drewry clone) in O then shrinkzapped to OO. 

I   

On 24/02/2023 at 21:09, D5158 said:

Totally agree with the 24/1 (Scottish Variant for me)  and 25/0 , this would definitely tempt me to move to 7mm

Edited by sulzer71

On 26/02/2023 at 12:32, paulbb said:

A Class 22 diesel, perfect for branches main lines and everything else! It a big missing gap in the O gauge hydraulic fleet -apart from the D600s of course, though one of them would not go amiss  either. Please beat Heljan and Dapol to it, pretty please too!

Ooh, yes, good call..!! And even if, by some miracle, Dapol announced tomorow that they'll do one, Accurascale could still beat them to production by several years.... 🙄🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Excellent to see that there is interest in us doing more O gauge. So much so, we want to let you into a little secret...

We can confirm that we have designed our first O gauge locomotive and it is going to tooling in the coming weeks. It is not a locomotive currently in our OO range, so it is O gauge from the ground up. Feel free to wildy speculate on what it might be!

We will reveal it when tooling is complete and a pre-production sample is in hand later this year.

Cheers!

Fran 

Please make it a class 40! It will send the 4mm modellers into overdrive speculating about when you may do a 00 version. Joking aside, a split box class 40 would have me parting with some money.....

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

Union Pacific “Big Boy” 🤞

You might jest, but any time the lads want to do one of these in 2-rail 1:48th O scale they'd have my money...

ada3b3d33db99f3916b823532e615088.jpg.de3831c6e30da78fd8f1b869b93ce51a.jpg

Ex-Santa Fe CF7 (F-Unit rebuild).

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Feel free to wildy speculate on what it might be!

Finally, the O Gauge Fell no-one has been asking for!

Tom. 

• Funny 10