Hartlepool model Railway Exhibition July 10-11 2010

Poindexter

Hi

Does anybody know where I can find a list of layouts. I've tried ukmodelshops.co.uk etc. But all I can find is a list of traders. Can anyone help. Or can someone tell me if there is any/much BR Blue era to current era layouts.

Thanks

Guy

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I'm there with my DCC demo. Stop by if you fancy a chat about dcc/trains/ anything to stop me from working.

If your having any dcc problems bring them along and I will have a look

see you all over the weekend.

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I'll be there with Romley Midland, just a bit more to finnish on the rewiring and it'll be ready to coffin up and load into the car, (friday a.m at the latest hopefully!)

Shaping up to be a good weekend, and hopefully there will be plenty of you RMweb folk there! :)

Cheers, Richard

• RMweb Gold

Like Graham above I will also be at the show with Hinton Parva from the High Wycombe and District MRS.

Will be good to see Rmweb members there and catch up with Richard and Simon once again.

• RMweb Gold

Here are the details on the Hornby Website:-

10th & 11th July 2010 – Wynyard Rooms, Wynyard Centre, Nr Hartlepool (signposted from the A19 ­ follow the yellow signs) Featuring a large selection of model railway layouts in scales from ‘N’ to ‘O’ many having featured in Hornby Magazine, plus full trade support, catering and ample free parking.

NEW – Free courtesy buses from Darlington and Billingham railway stations – see running times below

Proceeds from the event go to RNLI Hartlepool and Hartlepool and District Hospice

Admission Prices:

On the Day: Adults £4.50, OAPs/Children £3.00, U5s FREE, Family (2+3) £12.00

IN ADVANCE: Adults £4.00, OAPs/Children £2.50, U5s FREE, Family (2+3) £10.00 (to purchase tickets online please click here)

For further details please contact Hornby Magazine, Ian Allan Publishing Ltd., Foundry Road, Stamford, Lincolnshire PE9 2PP.

Tel: 01780 484630

Courtesy Buses Running:

From Darlington to Wynyard

09.00 10.00 11.00 12.00

Wynyard to Darlington

14.00 15.00 16.00 17.00 (Sat only)

From Billingham to Wynyard

09.00 10.00 11.00 12.00

Wynyard to Billingham

14.15 15.15 16.15 17.15 (Sat only)

And from the UK Model Shop Directory:-

Layouts:

Hinton Parva 00 Gauge

High Grange N Gauge

Dagnell End 00 Gauge

Rowley Midland 00 Gauge

Gas Lane 00 Gauge

Parkhouse N Gauge

Kirchofen HO Gauge

Moorton Bottom Yard OO9 Gauge

Asenby St Peter 0 Gauge

North Bridge 00 Gauge

Richton Rail N Gauge

Rederring 00 Gauge

Wick End 00 Gauge

Newton Branch N Gauge

Noth of England Line N Gauge

Stockburn 00 Gauge

Billingham N Gauge

The Wagon Works 00 Gauge

Cripps Bottom Yard 00 Gauge

Plus 2 Junior Layouts.

Traders:

Cheltenham Models

Model Depot Leeds

Contikits

Unit Models

Durham Trains of Stanley

P&H Models

All Components

Keith's Model Railway

Stainmore Railway Group

Peters Spares

Model Tree Shop

Digitrains

Going Loco

Model Trains and Tramways

Pooley's Puffers

Weardale Railway Society

N Gauge Society

Dc Kits and Videos

K&M Models

Darlington Railway Modelling

Bh Enterprises

Hi All

I have been to the show today and it was excellent, nicely spaced out and not hot considering the weather. Excellent layouts with things moving which is nice to see, my only negative was as a modern modellor there was very little modern era layouts. However I don't want this to take away from it being an excellent show roll on next year

Nik

Will echo above comment, another excellent show, venue is very good especially the parking, often a problem. Spent most of Saturday afternoon there, seemed quiet and got to see all the layouts easily. Don't know if its the venue but didn't appear to be crowded. All the layouts were of a very high standard as we now expected. Very impressed with Parkhouse (I hope that is the correct layout) the first time I have seen an N gauge layout that has uncoupling that works sucessfully, somthing I wanted to be able to do for a long time. Well done to the organises team an excellent show thoroughly enjoyed it.

Fantastic show, I was there this aft and it was really enjoyable. Hinton Parva was a wonderful layout and my favourite line there - but all of them were of high quality. Nice to see the new Hornby models and the guys fromHornby mag there (picked up a subsscription and got 10% off 47572 :D)

Fantastic show, I was there this aft and it was really enjoyable. Hinton Parva was a wonderful layout and my favourite line there - but all of them were of high quality. Nice to see the new Hornby models and the guys fromHornby mag there (picked up a subsscription and got 10% off 47572 :D)

Thanks for the kind words Ed. It is furthest from home we have taken Hinton Parva so far. We did have some problems on the Saturday with our goods yard entrance. We were reduced to "hand propelling" goods trains into the yard 4 times an hour for most of the afternoon. Of course we found and fixed the problem within half an hour of the show closing on Saturday - these things are sent to try us!

It's good to get some encouraging feedback.

Mark

I sat behind Hinton Parva and watched their fiddle yard for a lot of the weekend, and fascinating it was. Some of the operators were kind enough to explain how it worked so we weren't quite so alarmed when a voice behind our 21' 7mm layout said "Garratt approaching". There must have been as much work devising schedules and control systems as building the front half. There's clearly been a lot of thought gone into the stock as well. It kept me entertained for most of the show.

I sat behind Hinton Parva and watched their fiddle yard for a lot of the weekend, and fascinating it was. Some of the operators were kind enough to explain how it worked so we weren't quite so alarmed when a voice behind our 21' 7mm layout said "Garratt approaching". There must have been as much work devising schedules and control systems as building the front half. There's clearly been a lot of thought gone into the stock as well. It kept me entertained for most of the show.

Hi,

oh yes, all the sounds that Hinton Parva uses in the fiddle yards are done by Mark Riddoch (GWMark on here) and are actually very good!

With both my dad and myself providing stock for the layout, it's nice to hear some postive comments about the stock and the layout in general. Thanks!

Simon (if you haven't already guessed, one of the regular operators of Hinton!)

Hi Jonathan

My club colleague, St Simon (the Chipmunk!), has commented on the incoming trains announcements to the Hinton Parva fiddle yard. I was one of the HP Fiddle Yard operators you spoke with - it's good for us to know that our 'back end' was providing entertainment, as well as our 'front end'! We've found in the past that when the layout is accessible from all sides at an exhibition, we tend to get as many, if not more people watching the Fiddle Yard operation.

Hope you enjoyed the weekend as much as we did - we eventually got the layout back into it's home at 2.30 yesterday afternoon!

Best Wishes

• RMweb Premium

I very much enjoyed the weekend, the first show up North for Romley and i was impressed by all aspects of the show from an exhibitors point of view.

I must also congratulate the Hinton Parva team for their quick and calm reaction following my little accident :blush: they got things back up and running very well indeed! Sorry about that again :rolleyes:

Cheers Richard

On behalf of the Scarborough contingent (North of England Line) I must congratulate all the Hartlepool and Hornby team on an excellent show. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole weekend exhibiting our offering along side some very impressive layouts and some extremely friendly people.

(Good luck doctoring my German loco, Simon. Your efforts are really appreciated. See you at Pickering in August.)

post-7607-127905183239_thumb.jpg

NOEL set up and ready for the off. David, Keith and Geoff testing the layout

post-7607-127905193731_thumb.jpg

The viewing public watch David and myself trying not to make mistakes

post-7607-127905201613_thumb.jpg

Our trophy haul. We were shocked, humbled, but very happy. Thanks to all who voted.

Archived