Swad Lane.

Andrew P

Andy, suspect we haven't seen you on 'early risers' for a couple of days because you can't actually sleep with all those changes floating around in your head HaHaHa! Still no news on the Bungalow front? Think you might have to 'send the lads round'!!

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS, if, and only if, you get time can you enlighten me as to how you get all your lovely pictures under the 1MB rule as all my jPegs seem to be too large?

Morning Jock.

Re the pics,

I just right click on mine,

Edit,

select pixels,

change to 1074,

save

on your screen you will see no marked difference but they will upload strait away without problems.

All the best mate.

Morning Bodgit,  The layout is looking good, with a touch of Bodgit. you'll have it up and running in no time ? are you going to exhibit 'SL' ??

George

Morning George, the plan is to eventually mate. how about you with Ashcombe?

At tut today have a chat tonight if you not WORKING, hahah SORRY.

Hi Jock,

Just jumping in as Andy must still be in bed! If you have a photo suite program such as photshop (I use Serif photoshop - much cheaper) you select the 'EXPORT' option and reduce the image from whatever it shows, nominally about 2500 down to about 600, then select 'apply' followed by 'Export'. Save this to a new file, I name mine 'Web Ready' then select images from this file to download to RMWeb.

Hope this makes sense.

Morning Mike, thanks for helping Jock out, I have tried re setting my camera but with no luck.

Have a good day.

Andy, suspect we haven't seen you on 'early risers' for a couple of days because you can't actually sleep with all those changes floating around in your head HaHaHa! Still no news on the Bungalow front? Think you might have to 'send the lads round'!!

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS, if, and only if, you get time can you enlighten me as to how you get all your lovely pictures under the 1MB rule as all my jPegs seem to be too large?

There's an image editor on the RMWEB toolbar at the top of the page.

Just open your image, select 'image', 'image resize' and set the width (or height) to 640 pixels and save. the resultant image will be well under 1mb.

Ray.

Thanks Mike,

I've been using the standard Microsoft utility that came with Windows7 on my desk top in the study - perhaps I'll have to find a more usable one when funds allow. I do have the software that came with my superb Olympus digital camera but haven't loaded it yet. That might be a cost effective answer and I can always delete it if it doesn't meet requirements!

Thanks again for the prompt suggestion, much appreciated and once again highlights what a useful site RMweb really is!

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

PS all those posts above came in while I was writing this one so can I ask that you take it that my message extends to you all! Ray, that looks the easiest option, thanks mate, I'll try it this afternoon. Thanks profusely!!

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 1

Evening George, I may do a Trebudoc, i.e. rotate it 180 degrees and view from the other side.

I've had a look and I think that looking at the Station / Platform across the board, rather than down from behind, it may well be better.

If I do this there are a couple of items that may be changed or moved as they would never be seen from the front of the Layout.

Firstly I will get the wiring finished and some legs sorted so that I can work on it a bit better.

• Like 3

Here are couple more pics of the wiring to the main board, the Street Lamps and Buffers are now wired into the track feed so its a lot less wiring underneath.

Also I have wired all the lights into one feed to run across the length of the board instead of all the lights, lamps and buffers being run on individual wires.

post-9335-0-24381000-1399485185_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-65522700-1399485188_thumb.jpg

Just the points to wire in now and then do a multi plug to run to the control panel.

Bodge :O

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

Picked up, SORRY stitched into a couple of Vi Trains 37's at the weekend, (cheers George), the first is the Dutch 37056.

post-9335-0-03181100-1399490090_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-96840400-1399490094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

At least the ones you conned me out of had lights hahaha

in the dark George

Cheers George, just needs a RES 47 to complete the picture, hahah.

Seen a nice Bachhyy 08 in Intercity Swallow today, its the right period and would be nice just to move wagons about in the yard.

Its an old one so not DCC ready so will need had wiring and find somewhere for the speaker, i'll Google that in a mo and see if anyones done one, there must be one on RM Web I would have thought.

Very nice

Thanks Rob.

• Like 3

Looks great Andy - Nice Pics.

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob, I should have used the Tripod and Timer for clearer shots, there are some more to come of a couple of 33 as well but I had to burn some as they were to blurred to use.

• Like 1

A great looking layout you've got there. How big are the baseboards please and would it be possible to post a trackplan or a google earth style picture of the full layout? I'm trying to work it out I my head but can't quite figure where the link to the yard to the sidings at the other end is.

A great looking layout you've got there. How big are the baseboards please and would it be possible to post a trackplan or a google earth style picture of the full layout? I'm trying to work it out I my head but can't quite figure where the link to the yard to the sidings at the other end is.

Hi Jimmer, O.K. I will do an overhead shot when it has legs, but that wont be for some time, but in the meantime this is the best I can do.

At the moment I can only perch each board on top of the Workmate to work on then individually.

Here are a couple of pics and I'll try and explain the plan as best I can.

I will try and do a track plan tomorrow.

Each board is 4ft x 2ft so 8ftx 2ft scenic.

So this first shot is from the road bridge across the middle of the layout and looking towards the fiddle yard, the track to the far left is the Passenger only Line.

post-9335-0-49457000-1399497609_thumb.jpg

And this is looking at that road bridge across the middle, the 47 will access the two sidings to the far right of the previous shot, and the point in the center gives access to the siding where the 47 is parked in the previous shot and back to the fiddle yard.

post-9335-0-84589400-1399497720_thumb.jpg

So as you can see there are 3 lines going under the bridge plus the Passenger line in the foreground.

Now here's a couple of shots, (poor quality) taken from above showing the tracks leading to the other board and a low level shot to the other board.

post-9335-0-64542100-1399498109_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-78445200-1399498155_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

The more shots I see of this, the more little details I start to pick out. It's a great layout, and i look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Once you get the ol' BODGIT magic going, It'll be even better, I'm sure.

When do you think you'll start exhibiting it?

(Once you've sorted that little list out :) )

Cheers,

Al.

• RMweb Premium

I do like a spot of layout lighting.  Yours, Andy, is adding that touch of atmospheric quality already.

Polly

Cracking shots Andy, nice looking layout with good interesting operating potential. Seeing as I can't ask 'is there any grass yet' I'll have to settle for 'have you used the patented Bodgit glue gun yet?'

• RMweb Premium

Cracking shots Andy, nice looking layout with good interesting operating potential. Seeing as I can't ask 'is there any grass yet' I'll have to settle for 'have you used the patented Bodgit glue gun yet?'

Just thought of a new expression - I'll have to Settle and Carlisle for/it/up....  :O

Ah. Well. I tried. :jester:

Wrong thread, maybe. :scratchhead:

Going back to bed....

Polly

• Like 1