66 Judith Edge Kits

67 Pendon Museum Trust

68 Bath Queen Square Demonstration

69 The 2mm Scale Association

70 An Clár

70A The Pizza

71 Finescale in 48 Hours Demonstration

post-186-0-22545100-1459432833.jpg

Stand 71 is build a 2mm finescale layout over the weekend! This will feature laser cut baseboards 2mm Society eazitrack etc and based on the Minories design, so should be an interesting demo.

Parking for Railex is not difficult, the stadium has free parking, plus we hire the adjacent hospital staff car park, the is also the hospital car park but this is chargeable.

We always recommend people park in the Friarcroft long stay close to Aylesbury railway station and get our vintage routemaster which runs from the railway station car park to and from Railex every half hour on the Saturday and every hour on Sunday, you can also buy Railex tickets and programmes on the bus.

We also recommend coming Sunday which tends to be quieter than Sunday.

David

• RMweb Gold

It seems that RAILEX 2016 will be the last showing of Wibdenshaw. I think it is shaping up to be a good show.

As Wibdenshaw is now under new ownership, see other thread hereabouts, and as the said new owner has more than a passing interest in the southern region of British Rail, the layout is currently being converted to third rail, and Railex will be it's first appearance.

Due to time restraints only the Pudsey line will have been converted and will be re named Pudsea which is more in keeping with its new image and area.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Mike

I believe parking can be difficult any tips would be welcomed. Thanks.

There is plenty of on-road parking in the estate to the north of the venue on the other side of the tracks. There is an public right of way underpass from the estate to the venue. One word though, please don't park on a dropped curb.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

I reckon Charmouth is either 60, 61 or 62.

Dave.

Hi Dave

I am looking forward to seeing Charmouth, If you need a helping hand during the show at all let me know.

As Wibdenshaw is now under new ownership, see other thread hereabouts, and as the said new owner has more than a passing interest in the southern region of British Rail, the layout is currently being converted to third rail, and Railex will be it's first appearance.

Due to time restraints only the Pudsey line will have been converted and will be re named Pudsea which is more in keeping with its new image and area.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Mike

The layout isn't under new ownership just yet, so worry not, as this last British outing for Wibdenshaw at Railex will be operated by the usual crew.  

However the 3rd rail installation plans are coming together well, and should look superb when the Merseyrail class 508s come gliding past Pudsea Junction!

Hopefully won't be spending too much money at RailEx this year, as the major outlay will have been at ExpoEM the previous weekend.

As Keir is adding the third rail to Wibdenshaw is the gauge being increased to 18.83 to fit in with the Scalefour Society 40th birthday celebrations!

I wish.  :jester:

Parking for Railex is not difficult, the stadium has free parking, plus we hire the adjacent hospital staff car park, the is also the hospital car park but this is chargeable.

We always recommend people park in the Friarcroft long stay close to Aylesbury railway station and get our vintage routemaster which runs from the railway station car park to and from Railex every half hour on the Saturday and every hour on Sunday, you can also buy Railex tickets and programmes on the bus.

We also recommend coming Sunday which tends to be quieter than Sunday.

David

Thanks David. Can I make an observation? If you recommend people to park near the Ry Stn and encourage people to visit on Sunday why does the bus only run half as frequently on the second day?

Regards

Railex like most if not all shows gets twice as many people on the Saturday than Sunday, If more people came on Sunday and used the bus we would run it more frequently. The last few years on the Saturday the bus was full so they did extra trips, we have to do a passenger count so now know when demand is the highest and can amend the timetable to suit.

I've never has a problem parking right outside the entrance.

Bill

But you do come on a bike!

David,

May I refer back to your first post and point out that Weydon Road is 0 scale and not P4?

We are really looking forward to coming.

Julian

Archived