Little Loco Company - Class 22

The Nth Degree

Let's hope so. They are a gnat's whisker away from being approved for production.

The website is still being worked on unfortunately, but have a look below if you are interested in funding it.

Hi Steve many thanks as an investor in the Class 22 project I will go for a crowd funded Class 22 to start.

Many Thanks Gareth

Edited by TEDDYBEAR D9521

How does the funding work, what are the risks, if any?

I could be interested....

Thanks,

CME

These questions and others are answered in the email sent earlier to interested parties. There is absolutely no obligation to receive the information, so please send an email to class22@littleloco.co.uk

Cheers, Steve.

How does the funding work, what are the risks, if any?

I could be interested....

Thanks,

CME

The most serious risk is outlined in the email Steve alludes to;

A final risk is that I could steal your money and open a beach cafe in Mexico.

Should we be worried??!! :scared: :mosking:

• RMweb Premium

Great news on the plans to produce a Class 22, I really wasn't looking forward to tackling the JLTRT one having followed a few threads.

Will be sending an email (or would a PM on here count equally?) to enquire about the crowd funding option.

A sad time indeed for the staff at JLTRT, if the rumours are true.

JLTRT are innovators.....sadly, LLC excluded, other companies have dirted the waters of the small and once friendly market place that is 7mm FS and it now seems like the ripples have reached JLTRT?

Although there is some room for segmentation of the market, there has also been a lot of duplication over the past 5 years too.

ATVB

CME

• RMweb Premium

Please email the class22@ email address for funding enquiries.

Unfortunately, it looks like the JLTRT Class 22 is no longer an option according to latest news. Very sad day for diesel modellers.

Email sent, thanks Steve.

I've not seen anything concrete yet on JLTRT but bad news if the rumours are true. Whilst not wishing to tackle their Class 22 kit there were/are a fair few other bits and pieces I was intending getting from them.

Guest teacupteacup

I thought I'd show the smoke unit in position. I know not many will choose this option, but it's there for those who do – and it will be a simple plug-and-play operation. All cabling, programming on the decoder and the ducting will already be supplied.

attachicon.gifSmoke unit position.png

Absolutely fantastic!

One question, will the smoke unit operate dependent on load?  ie more clag when pulling a heavy train?  

I've noticed some European HO loco's have this feature

I thought I'd show the smoke unit in position. I know not many will choose this option, but it's there for those who do – and it will be a simple plug-and-play operation. All cabling, programming on the decoder and the ducting will already be supplied.

attachicon.gifSmoke unit position.png

How messy is the smoke oil and will it merely 'drift' out or, Eg. pulse on start up?

Many thanks.

CME

Absolutely fantastic!

One question, will the smoke unit operate dependent on load?  ie more clag when pulling a heavy train?  

I've noticed some European HO loco's have this feature

How messy is the smoke oil and will it merely 'drift' out or, Eg. pulse on start up?

Many thanks.

CME

The fan-assisted smoke unit is totally programmable from the decoder. It's controlled by two factors; the voltage which determines how much smoke is produced, and the fan speed which determines how fast it comes out. Both of these control functions are programmed into the decoder, and are timed with 'engine' speed and programmed load. There will be two options to choose from on the controller: light engine, which will produce relatively little smoke but will blow hard on acceleration and less on deceleration/idling, and loaded which will blow much more smoke with otherwise pretty similar fan speeds.

• Like 7

Congratulations on a couple of third places in the BMRA awards :) Personally I think your 15 was robbed ;)

Agree - I did my best & cast my votes, but a 'landslide' for the Dapol Jinty just has to have been a fix :mosking: probably lots of people who hate anything GWR (Minerva Pannier) or Diesel (LLC Class 15) and don't even model in O, being spiteful :rolleyes: :jester:
  • Like 1

The problem is when (or if) we get a first place and then the worry of maintaining it!

Apologies for changing your comment...

Just keep producing products that people queue up to buy...  with quality and features that meet the public demand....  and build a better mousetrap.

Establish a loyal customer base which is proud to say "I have bought one of those".

Graham

I posted this on the results page, but it's worth repeating here too:

Thank you very much indeed to all of those who voted for Little Loco Company. Every vote is appreciated more than it can be imagined, and ultimately drives us on to produce better and more accessible models.

Thank you,

Steve

• Like 4