Little Loco Company - Class 22

The Nth Degree

A brief reminder that the Class 22 funding offer closes tonight at midnight.

You may remember this opening offer was extended to April 30th as a result of delayed magazine advertising, but that extension will end tonight.

The campaign has gone very well. A couple of you have chosen to purchase four models! A couple more have three on order, and quite a few have two, so it appears this model was eagerly anticipated.

By far the most popular choice is the 'as-built' all green with disc headcodes with about one third of the orders placed so far. 'Lister' limited edition was also very popular and may have sold out of the 50 model allocation by the end of tonight. Less than one third of the orders are for blue liveries, which is quite surprising.

I know I keep saying this, but thank you for your support!

Steve

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Well I cannot wait to get hold of what looks to be one of the most innovative 7mm model locos since 2 rail power feed!

Ones enough for now......maybe when I get a layout more will be justified :)

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 1

Ones enough for now......

That's what I thought, so how come I have a Heljan Deltic, an EE type4 an LLC BTH type 1 and a Dapol 350hp shunter and, wait for it......

Not even a 7mm test track :scratchhead:

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

That's what I thought, so how come I have a Heljan Deltic, an EE type4 an LLC BTH type 1 and a Dapol 350hp shunter and, wait for it......

Not even a 7mm test track :scratchhead:

Hoho....you read it wrong....I meant one Class 22, no test track here since we moved to Cornwall all packed away.......but still have, now where do I start? 

Falcon, Deltic, 37, 40, 33, 08 (x2), Terrier (x2), Warship, Pannier+Autocoach, LLC 15,............and more I cannot remember  :senile:  but hey, it seems rude not to buy them after all the effort the manufacturers go to  :jester:

Edited by boxbrownie

A note to Class 22 funders: you should have received an email late last night with an exclusive update. If you're a funder and you have not received an email please check your spam folder before letting me know you didn't receive it. Please keep the update to yourselves until after the ALSRM show on 12th May.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I will try to combine a reminder towards the end of May with an update of some kind.

Thanks Steve, it was more that after a quick search I could not find the installment amounts, somewhere in the email I guess.......so a reminder with amount will be most appreciated.

• Like 1

Might pay you to check the new site for your pre-order, CME.

Last week I checked the new site for my Ruston FS and S7 pre-orders and there were none listed.

So I ordered again - at least I now have an order showing.

At the same time I notified LLC of the issue and requested confirmation of the order and to make sure they had not got duplicate orders logged, but not heard back yet.

No rush, I expect they're a little pre-occupied with slightly larger locomotives at the moment!

Edited by Osgood

I've let the web elves know that logged in customers cannot see their orders and they are taking a look at it. I've forwarded all emails relating to this issue to them so they are aware. I and they can see all the orders through the admin panel so we are a little lost!

Every time they work on the ordering system it sends out an automated email and turning it off doesn't seem to be an option. Rest assured though, all pre-orders are on the system, they're just going through how you can see them too.

Cheers, Steve

I've let the web elves know that logged in customers cannot see their orders and they are taking a look at it. I've forwarded all emails relating to this issue to them so they are aware. I and they can see all the orders through the admin panel so we are a little lost!

Every time they work on the ordering system it sends out an automated email and turning it off doesn't seem to be an option. Rest assured though, all pre-orders are on the system, they're just going through how you can see them too.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks again Steve, Im reassured.....

Nice spread in the GOG Gazette, should net even more orders.

ATVB

CME

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Steve

Regarding Class 22 pre-order discounts, with the March initial payment being extended into April, is the May payment still due in May, or is it now expected by the end of June please?

Regards

Dan

• Like 1

Hello Dan, the extension was only to allow for the late appearing magazine ads and any interest gained from those, although I did offer that extension equally to anyone who had not yet paid. The 30 May payment deadline is still active but, as I said in the email, I can extend it a little if required. There is a huge payment chunk due in the first week of June to pay for bogie tooling and machining.

Kind regards,

Steve

• Like 1

We recently commissioned high resolution 3D prints of the bodysides and roof using CAM generated to create the tooling. Remembering that CAD is something that you'd 'like' to produce and CAM is something that you 'will' produce is very important. Funders have had the benefit of seeing this for a couple weeks already, and those attending ALSRM in Reading last weekend would have also seen it.

The best machine in Europe is currently residing in Germany, so we had to wait for it to return, and as there was a delay of a day or two, they gave use the 'bonus' of a gloss varnish. Unfortunately this 'bonus' is detrimental to showing the fine detail we've incorporated. Regardless, you can see beyond the varnish that we have managed to capture actual size rivets, scale roof treadplates, and even the bolts on the hinges.

To achieve this we have used every piece of modern tooling technology available to us. CNC machining and EDM can only take you so far, so our tooling surfaces have been laser etched too! There was no other way to capture this fine detail.

I'll leave you with the pictures, but as the varnish was so thick the roof didn't seat properly in the precision fixings we've designed, so please bear that in mind.

post-11337-0-49610600-1526557677_thumb.jpg

post-11337-0-26045100-1526557801_thumb.jpg

post-11337-0-87406400-1526557817_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Hello Dan, the extension was only to allow for the late appearing magazine ads and any interest gained from those, although I did offer that extension equally to anyone who had not yet paid. The 30 May payment deadline is still active but, as I said in the email, I can extend it a little if required. There is a huge payment chunk due in the first week of June to pay for bogie tooling and machining.

Kind regards,

Steve

Thank you Steve - I didn't want to be late with my 2nd payment and May is still fine by me.

Regards

Dan

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We recently commissioned high resolution 3D prints of the bodysides and roof using CAM generated to create the tooling. Remembering that CAD is something that you'd 'like' to produce and CAM is something that you 'will' produce is very important. Funders have had the benefit of seeing this for a couple weeks already, and those attending ALSRM in Reading last weekend would have also seen it.

The best machine in Europe is currently residing in Germany, so we had to wait for it to return, and as there was a delay of a day or two, they gave use the 'bonus' of a gloss varnish. Unfortunately this 'bonus' is detrimental to showing the fine detail we've incorporated. Regardless, you can see beyond the varnish that we have managed to capture actual size rivets, scale roof treadplates, and even the bolts on the hinges.

To achieve this we have used every piece of modern tooling technology available to us. CNC machining and EDM can only take you so far, so our tooling surfaces have been laser etched too! There was no other way to capture this fine detail.

I'll leave you with the pictures, but as the varnish was so thick the roof didn't seat properly in the precision fixings we've designed, so please bear that in mind.

attachicon.gifIMG_5566.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5567.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5569.JPG

That's 3D printed? Wow!

attachicon.gifIMG_5566.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5567.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5569.JPG

Looking good!

Although as you say the gloss finish does hide the detail somewhat, so it will be good to see these samples/EPs as the project progresses.

ATVB

CME

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That looks like it will turn out to be a great model. I'm rather green with envy for those who saw the funder discount that you were offering. I noticed it a few days too late. 

• Like 1

If you want to jump in you have about 10 days, but you'll have to stump up both the first and second instalments together I'm afraid. This amounts to £425, with the third instalment due in a few months when we're closer to delivery and will depend on the specification you choose.

If you're interested send an email to class22@littleloco.co.uk and I'll send you all the details. There are a few spots still open of the original 300 restricted funder models.