Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Because the Road is on a curve, making the Road for the Level Crossing surface join the Rail sides and the centre section could be a little tricky to say the least, should be fun though.

Ink on the railhead, press on a sheet of card and cut along the lines. Template sorted

• Like 1

Because the Road is on a curve, making the Road for the Level Crossing surface join the Rail sides and the centre section could be a little tricky to say the least, should be fun though.

Ink on the railhead, press on a sheet of card and cut along the lines. Template sorted

Even better, I have a couple of spare set track curves to lay over the Ply Wood to mark out the lines and between the Rails.

Should work.

I HOPE. :sungum:

• Like 1

What's your secret Andy?  How do you continually produce excellent layouts in less time than most of us need to build one loco?

Yours in awe,

Dave.

Thanks Dave, no secret mate, I just have an hour or two at a time, but always pre plan the next session whilst resting.

Coffee break over, off out to work on the Level Crossing, and I have a visitor due in a few minutes as well.

Thanks for looking in.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Dave, no secret mate, I just have an hour or two at a time, but always pre plan the next session whilst resting.

Coffee break over, off out to work on the Level Crossing, and I have a visitor due in a few minutes as well.

Thanks for looking in.

I beg to differ - there must be something in that mug you hold in the photo (not readily available to members of the public).

Your efforts are super-human

What's your secret Andy?  How do you continually produce excellent layouts in less time than most of us need to build one loco?

Yours in awe,

Dave.

Thanks for looking in.

I beg to differ - there must be something in that mug you hold in the photo (not readily available to members of the public).

Your efforts are super-human

FAILED = Not even a measurement, my mate came around and we chewed the fat on various things, and he wanted to hear the 61XX, Jinty and 25, so we had a play, and suddenly it was time to walk the Dog and have Lunch. :no:

There's always tomorrow I guess. :sungum:

• Like 5

Very nice Andy an excellent start on the level crossing so neat  :sungum: ....reckon you must have finished your lunch in TOPS today by the Salad Cream bottle You must have been so keen to complete today's tasks ...see folks this is how the man works so quickly ....multi-tasking  :jester:  :jester:

Very nice Andy an excellent start on the level crossing so neat  :sungum: ....reckon you must have finished your lunch in TOPS today by the Salad Cream bottle You must have been so keen to complete today's tasks ...see folks this is how the man works so quickly ....multi-tasking  :jester:  :jester:

Cheers Martin, I wouldn't like that stuff in the bottle on my Chips or Salad, hahha. :scared:  :scared:  :scratchhead:

Next I need to make the Gates and paint the Ironwork on them. but maybe not tomorrow, I might have the weekend off. :O

• Like 2

Cheers Martin, I wouldn't like that stuff in the bottle on my Chips or Salad, hahha. :scared:  :scared:  :scratchhead:

Next I need to make the Gates and paint the Ironwork on them. but maybe not tomorrow, I might have the weekend off. :O

Weekend OFF !!!!!!!! No No No  :scared:  :scared: 

Having decided NOT to wash the Car, I did venture into TOPS.

I did a couple of small jobs, not layout related and then Ballasted up to the Level Crossing, before going for a walk along the Canal with the Dog.

post-9335-0-02241900-1540041871_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27604300-1540041913_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 18

What a lovely morning, did my Mums shopping the washed the car, this was followed by an hour in TOPS, painting the ironwork on the Level Crossing Gates, whilst still on their spru.

I'm suffering from a rather large bruise on the back of my right hand, as a result of forgetting to take my hand off the outer handle whilst shutting the Kitchen door a few days ago, so the hand wasnt as steady as it should have been this morning. I may need to visit it with some white paint tomorrow. :no: The Level Crossing that is, NOT the back of my hand, that's purple. :O

• Like 2

Just an hour and a half outside today, so not a lot done.

Firstly I completed the Loco Stabling area with Ash and Ballast.

post-9335-0-95670700-1540225019_thumb.jpg

Next I completed the Cess along the first half of Embankment.

post-9335-0-60983500-1540225097_thumb.jpg

I then started on the Field Fencing, there will be a lot more foliage along this area later.

post-9335-0-94879300-1540225216_thumb.jpg

And the same for the Fencing that will separate the Field from the Embankment, again more to do, like Static Grass on the Field area etc.

post-9335-0-64414800-1540225271_thumb.jpg

Lastly I added some more Cottages to the Hamlet in the distance.

post-9335-0-47466400-1540225350_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Rapidly coming to the conclusion Andy that you have an identical twin brother who pops in overnight to do stuff on your layout and then posts on here as you the next morning!  Stunning progress mate, really is coming on well :)

Rich

Rapidly coming to the conclusion Andy that you have an identical twin brother who pops in overnight to do stuff on your layout and then posts on here as you the next morning!  Stunning progress mate, really is coming on well :)

Rich

Wife had TWO sets of Twins in 15 Months, (now 52 and 53), but I can assure you there is only one of me, :sungum:  as they BROKE THE MOLD when I came along :O . hahhaha. :onthequiet:  :scared: 

• Like 1

Yesterday I had a Visitor in the shpe of Jeff / Binny, and we had a little running session.

UNFORTUNATELY it was mared by loads of short circuits caused by the Points not throwing correctly, and then the short caused other points to throw, or half throw.

I've used the Traintronic TT300 Point Motors for several years, and always controlled via the DCC System, but this year I've had 3 failures that had to be returned, and I'm now having issues again with more than one.

I'm seriously considering taking them out and looking for some other form of Point action.

I will NOT be going down the Servo Route as I dodn't understand them.

I would also like to go back to a proper Lever Frame type operation, as opposed DCC Control or to a switch panel, and this is not possible with most slow motion Motors unless I want down the Modrotec Route, which again I looked at back in the days of the Bitton Project, and rejected.

A simple Point Motor, (snap type) and Autofrog from the likes of Gaugemaster may be the best route, but I'm in no rush to do this as I have my Welsh Adventure in a couple of weeks, so will work out some alternatives whilst away, and make some decisions then.

Time to finish my Mug of Tea and then venture outside, and have another look at what the problem might be.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

Just been out to Tutbury Models and picked up a Gaugemaster Autofrog, as I have detected that when the Frog Wire is connected it occasionally shorts out the Motor, as I've had with others recently. but the actual Frog Polarity is switching correctly so it must be something inside the Motor, again as with previous ones.

If the Autofrog works well, then I will look at the Gaugemaster / Seep PM4 self latching Motors and the Peco Lever Frame as I had on Pencarne, Kings Moreton and others.

EDIT =  Just had a look at the PM4 and that one includes the Frog Polarity Switch built in as well. SORTED.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1