Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Great videos Peter M. 

Wishing you, Leanne and Abbey a very Happy Christmas.

Also Peter B and his family too. 

Awww, what the heck ... and to everyone else reading this too. :)

Thanks Jeff, Merry Christmas to you and Agnes.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Peter,

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, Leanne and Abby from Sharon and myself.  If you do make it over in 2018 we are happy for you to drop in here.  Llanbourne continues its record of excellence and friendly banter with modellers the world over.  Long may that continue alongside your other projects.

Best wishes

Rick & Sharon

• Like 2

Merry Christmas Peter, hope you have a good one

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty, All the best to you. Here is to plenty more 7mm modelling in the new year. I am hoping to get more of mine done this year.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Peter,

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, Leanne and Abby from Sharon and myself.  If you do make it over in 2018 we are happy for you to drop in here.  Llanbourne continues its record of excellence and friendly banter with modellers the world over.  Long may that continue alongside your other projects.

Best wishes

Rick & Sharon

Hi Rick, 

Merry Christmas to you and Sharon, Hope all is going well in London. I spoke to my parents tonight they said it was cloudy with drizzle down their way though not too cold. 

Nice weather here at the moment had a nice walk this arvo.

It's been a bit quite on here recently I haven't done that much with the layout but hope to in the new year. 

Pic below shows the new PTV livery, which you may not have seen. Plus a pic of the local jetty at Safety Beach and one I took the other week down Cape Schanck. 

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-30089000-1514204149_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-11675300-1514204410_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-42194900-1514204625_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Rick,

Merry Christmas to you and Sharon, Hope all is going well in London. I spoke to my parents tonight they said it was cloudy with drizzle down their way though not too cold.

Nice weather here at the moment had a nice walk this arvo.

It's been a bit quite on here recently I haven't done that much with the layout but hope to in the new year.

Pic below shows the new PTV livery, which you may not have seen. Plus a pic of the local jetty at Safety Beach and one I took the other week down Cape Schanck.

Cheers Peter.

V/Line livery ;-) Edited by Jim76
  • Like 2

Belated Christmas greetings Peter, and a Happy New Year to you all down under. I'm looking forward to more on LNW and the O Gauge exploits.

Thanks Andy, All the best to you. Still plenty do on Llanbourne and building  the 7mm layout, I won't get much done today though it's in the mid 30's today so a bit warm out in the garage.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Andy, All the best to you. Still plenty do on Llanbourne and building  the 7mm layout, I won't get much done today though it's in the mid 30's today so a bit warm out in the garage.

Cheers Peter.

Ha ha, my garage is the best place to be - air con on and ABC Grandstand for the cricket!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Pete,

Just catching up on some great picture and videos. Seeing your layout has kept me going through a dark phase of wondering of all the wiring is worth it! The 40 video inparticular reminds me why it’s worth keeping going.

Keep on posting and taking pictures - its the only thing that gets us lesser mortals to plug the soldering iron in again!

Andy

• Like 1

Pete,

Just catching up on some great picture and videos. Seeing your layout has kept me going through a dark phase of wondering of all the wiring is worth it! The 40 video inparticular reminds me why it’s worth keeping going.

Keep on posting and taking pictures - its the only thing that gets us lesser mortals to plug the soldering iron in again!

Andy

Thanks Andy,

I see you have been busy, the layout is coming along well. You just need to stick with it. It's taken me years to get Llanbourne to where it is now.

He is a video of 31323 working an empty ballast. During 1986 the class 31s became more common displacing the class 25s which were in the final years and being withdrawn daily.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

1986 is such a great year to model, nearly every class can be justified, even if only on test from Crewe. And lots of liveries to choose from too.

I look with envy at your fleet - a 31 will join mine as soon as I find one I want.

1986 is such a great year to model, nearly every class can be justified, even if only on test from Crewe. And lots of liveries to choose from too.

I look with envy at your fleet - a 31 will join mine as soon as I find one I want.

Happy New Year Andy,

It was the loco variety that drew me to modelling the North Wales Coast. I didn't get there until the 90s so missed it when it was really good. It was the pictures from Larry Goddard and a few others that  regularly had their work printed in Rail Enthusiast  and other mags that gave me the inspiration to model North Wales. I used to see class 33s all the time down my way so being able to model the class 33s next to another favourite the class 45s and 25s and the few remaining class 40s just had to be done.

I run more class 37s and class 20s than I should plus a class 56 on fly ash which is running a few years later than it should be. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hiya Peter, sorry to be off topic, whilst going through your flickr pages there are some picks of an aircraft carrier I was just wondering if you know any more information about it?

My thanks and best regards.

Kevin.

No worries Kevin,

It's the 'USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD-6)' It had come up the bay a day or two before. I heard that it was going out so went down the road to Rosebud to see it. Rosebud is the closest point to see the big ships as the main channel comes past the pier. We get a few navy ships up the bay I have even seen a sub. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi P.C.M

Nice, great to see class 45, and Love the class 47 InterCity livery, one of my favourites, along with BR Blue Large Largo, but that was more so I could see the number well in advance lol and to see a Rake of coach with Mix of BR Blue/Grey and InterCity/Intercity Swallow liveries always looks great. Its what I love about the Rail Tours now, because I get to see those mixed liveries still running today, with the odd Old Virgin to.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

I was watching your most recent videos with my sons (2 and 4), the eldest would like to point out that your brakevan should always be at the back... He wasn’t convinced about ballast ploughing as an explanation! Seriously, it’s a great section of layout that allows you to watch the trains go by as well as having the terminus. Are your 31s the Hornby one? The only blue ones I can find at the moment seem to be the railroad version, and I’m not sure how much work that will be to bring it up to standard.

Hi P.C.M

Nice, great to see class 45, and Love the class 47 InterCity livery, one of my favourites, along with BR Blue Large Largo, but that was more so I could see the number well in advance lol and to see a Rake of coach with Mix of BR Blue/Grey and InterCity/Intercity Swallow liveries always looks great. Its what I love about the Rail Tours now, because I get to see those mixed liveries still running today, with the odd Old Virgin to.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, 

The 45s were always a favourite of mine less so the Inter- City liv but you cant beat large Logo. I did notice some pres lines also have the blue grey and Inter-City livery on some of their stock it makes sense if you are running diesels.

Cheers Peter.