REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Yes the 144 looked great, really good firm professional model to hold. The attention to detail being scrutinised over the 143/144 really does impress. Especially when it is detailing you miss seeing, but impressed it matters to the Realtrack team. Cannot wait to have my FGW (and Wessex) 143!

Nice to see the 144 and the 143 in the flesh, I assume the 143 was hand painted but the livery was just what i hoped to see ;)

The 143s we have are livery Mock-Ups of Provincial & Regional Railways liveries. These have been done to assess customer demand as we are uncertain which way to go with regards too the older liveries, thoughts were a limited batch of Tyne & Wear Yellow/White & Provincial liveries with bus seating (3 X 2). The liveries for the 143s currently planned (but will be 6 months late! sorry but partially our fault for wanting an additional 120 rivits putting on) will be Arriva Trains Wales & First Greal Western, after that is up to YOU, so let us know your thoughts.

Edited by charliepetty

My vote is for Provincial. I would definitely buy some.

#

]

REALTRACK models: Update on 144 Models: LIVERIES

Project still running late but all livery information now finalised with our USA design team, as promised we will update you as and when we have more information.

The first four models will be:

144-111: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Abelio Night Blue (New Northern Rail livery November 2011 Onwards) with running numbers 144008

Specification:

144008 Northern Night Blue / Serco & Abellio Joint Venture livery with Metro & SY Travel logo's

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55812

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55835

Night Blue Seats, Missing Overhead warning in front windscreens, Grey internal Handrails, Missing No Smoking stickers in passenger windows,

Bicycle Emblems on one car re prototype, Current yellow HSE warning stickers applied.

Destinations: YORK - LEEDS

144-112: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Night Blue (Old pre Nov 2011 Northern Livery) with running numbers 144007

Specification:

144007 Northern Night Blue livery with Metro & SY Travel logo's

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55807

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55830

Metro Red Seats, Overhead stickers in front windscreens, Yellow internal Handrails, No Smoking stickers fitted to all passenger windows,

Wheel Chair emblems applied on both cars, Current yellow HSE warning stickers applied.

Destinations: YORK - SHEFFIELD

144-113: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Red & Silver 'Waves livery' (Ex Metro Livery) with running numbers 144003

Specification:

144003 West Yorkshire 'METRO' Red & Silver livery. NORTHERN Branding

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55803

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55826

Metro Red Seats, Overhead stickers in front windscreens, Yellow internal Handrails, No Smoking stickers fitted to all passenger windows,

Old style Wheel Chair emblems applied on both cars, Old White HSE warning stickers applied, Branded with early NORTHERN logo

Destinations: LINCOLN - SHEFFIELD

144-114: Class 144 Two Car DMU Arriva Trains Northern Red & Silver West Yorkshire Metro 'Waves' Livery with running numbers 144009

Specification:

144009 West Yorkshire 'METRO' Red & Silver livery. ARRIVA Branding

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55809

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55832

Old style Wheel Chair emblems applied on both cars, Old White HSE warning stickers applied, Branded with early ARRIVA TRAINS NORTHERN logo

Destinations: LEEDS - MANCHESTER VICTORIA

We are working on the 143 Liveries as we speak. Charlie

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

21-pin appears to be popular with modellers who wish to have max control of lighting features. So if you are equipping your model with interior lights, and anything more than just reversible head-and-tail lights, I'd suggest 21-pin will enable your product to achieve max realism.

I seem to read on here that 21-pin decoders are not in bountiful supply, however, and that an alternative multiple-socket solution is in the wings which may make 21-pin obsolete. Not helpful, perhaps.

There's only one 21 pin decoder around for under £20. Adaptors don't always let you get the body back on . 8 pin socket please (will be buying a 144 when it comes out in the W.Yorks PTE red/ white livery)

Apologies - I seem to have replied to something well up the thread and itmay all be sorted by now.

The samples on show at Ally Pally looked good

Edited by Ravenser

The 143s we have are livery Mock-Ups of Provincial & Regional Railways liveries. These have been done to assess customer demand as we are uncertain which way to go with regards too the older liveries, thoughts were a limited batch of Tyne & Wear Yellow/White & Provincial liveries with bus seating (3 X 2). The liveries for the 143s currently planned (but will be 6 months late! sorry but partially our fault for wanting an additional 120 rivits putting on) will be Arriva Trains Wales & First Greal Western, after that is up to YOU, so let us know your thoughts.

Definetly a vote for a provincial livery from me, Blue or Orange!

144-111: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Abelio Night Blue (New Northern Rail livery November 2011 Onwards) with running numbers 144008

Specification:

144008 Northern Night Blue / Serco & Abellio Joint Venture livery with Metro & SY Travel logo's

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55812

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55835

Night Blue Seats, Missing Overhead warning in front windscreens, Grey internal Handrails, Missing No Smoking stickers in passenger windows,

Bicycle Emblems on one car re prototype, Current yellow HSE warning stickers applied.

Destinations: YORK - LEEDS

Think I'll be getting one of these! Minor point - it's not usual to see a Pacer doing York-Leeds - that route is almost always 158s, usually the York-Blackpool North services.

The Harrogate Loop services are announced and on the screens as York-Burley Park (to discourage people from using them to get to Leeds, as it takes over twice as long as the main route, and the trains are usually full at peak times as it is). I don't think I've ever actually checked to see what the destination boards on the Pacers usually display when on the loop, but I will do in the next few days!

Think I'll be getting one of these! Minor point - it's not usual to see a Pacer doing York-Leeds - that route is almost always 158s, usually the York-Blackpool North services.

The Harrogate Loop services are announced and on the screens as York-Burley Park (to discourage people from using them to get to Leeds, as it takes over twice as long as the main route, and the trains are usually full at peak times as it is). I don't think I've ever actually checked to see what the destination boards on the Pacers usually display when on the loop, but I will do in the next few days!

Burley Park (and similary Poppleton) isn't on the Northern destination blinds. On Harrogate loop services they do display "Leeds - York" or "Harrogate" at both ends, the latter being less common.

Edit - A few photos too

https://picasaweb.google.com/104319811903610082706/NorthernRailClass144#5639904165827078130

https://picasaweb.google.com/104319811903610082706/NorthernRailClass144#5697234530041837922

https://picasaweb.google.com/104319811903610082706/NorthernRailClass144#5693545544737356738

https://picasaweb.google.com/104319811903610082706/NorthernRailClass144#5593683612089051858

Edited by Bouncy Bouncy
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You are quite correct, Mr. B B; 'Burley Park' and 'Poppleton' are not included on the destination blinds of Northern units, but are used on station displays and announcements to describe Harrogate line services to avoid confusion with York-Leeds via Garforth, which is much quicker.

To that end, as a Guard I used to put 'Harrogate' on the rear of my trains when leaving York or Leeds on Harrogate line services, and changed it to read 'Leeds' or 'York' as appropriate at the earliest opportunity after departure. If not, especially from York, I invariably had some poor unuspecting passenger ask me when we would get to Leeds (usually around Starbeck or so)! My driver would normally have put the 'correct' destination on the front and as he couldn't easily change it en route, and the front of the train wasn't so often seen by passengers boarding at the termini anyway.

There are a few regular York-Leeds via Garforth workings for Pacers, but in the minority - one being 0748 York-Leeds, which should have a 153 + 144 combination. Otherwise, as mentioned, it's mostly 158s on Blackpool services.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the chat and discussion over the possibilites with the class 143/144 and future project. Traveled to York with the expressed interest of seeing this model during its developments and was very pleased with the results. Can't wait for them to be made!

Thanks for that! The interest over the weekend in leading order was: Northern, Regional Railways then Provincial. Charlie

• 4 weeks later...

Nevermind that....

Any luck with 143Bond as you mentioned at York? Surely that will sell just for the novelty....

Im ordering one of that one now!

We need photos of 143007 with the 007Bond logo replacing the number 7.

ANYONE got one?

• 1 month later...

Hey Charlie, just out of interest when do you expect the 2nd sample to arrive? Will you post pics of the updates?

Cheers

Craig

Should be an unpainted (Fully Rivited) sample for our close inspection, The promise is: 'soon' Which in our experience is longer than a Chinese shortly!

Charlie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the website has been updated, looking very flash! Sadly the 143 is now £110 :( Still i cannot wait for these...any news or photos of new samples would be great to see.

All orders placed before 01/08/12 will get them at £100.00

• Like 1

I'd love to see a regional railways one! Is there still one planned Charlie?

Cheers

Rob

The order of introduction will be:

144:

2 X Northern

2 X Metro (Arriva & Northern)

1 X Northern (Named) + Updated ariel.

2 X WYPTE Red/Cream (Regional & Arriva)

2 X Regional Railways

143:

2 X Arriva Trains Wales

2 X First GW

2 X Visit Bristol

2 X Valley Lines

2 X Regional Railways

2 X Tyne & Wear PTE

2 X Provincial

2 X Provincial (Bathgate-Edinburgh)

That's the plan, All this relies on someone buying the first models! No dates yet.

Edited by charliepetty