REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Quite a few "purples" are officially a "blue". "Cadbury Blue" is the dark blue with a purple sheen used on the original Midland Metro livery and by Blackpool on it's Route 4 branded buses. And to add to the confusion, Strathclyde orange was Strathclyde Red, and Stroudley's mustard was called a green. Unofficially National Bus red was known as "nipple pink".

I suppose so long as the final moulding is in a reasonably accurate rendition, it doesn't really matter what the official colour reference is!

And there's quite a few which are the other way too. "Cadbury Blue" was also used in Silverlinks Livery - despite it being a far more purpler shade of purple than blue, Whilst First Groups rail colour is actually known as 'Golden Wonder Blue' than Purple, with the doors painted in a shade called 'Rubine Red' - Not Pink as commonly refrered too.

(If anyone's wondering, i can even tell you the rest of the colours too)

Anyway, Looking Good Charlie & Arran, Just the FGW one for me to come then...or two... or three (weatherworn ex Wessex one?)!

Edited by surfsup

• RMweb Gold

What a paradox !!!

Such a brilliant model of such a shite train................... :O

That absolutely sums it up - absolutely incredible looking model with some superb attention to detail and it will no doubt be much smoother riding than the real thing as well.  Shame it's not my cup of tea modelling wise either because it really does look good (even bigger shame that Charlie isn't going to do a GW railcar as a follow-up if he and Arran are going to go for that sort of standard in r-t-r).

I hope it will be a big commercial success - it certainly deserves to be.

• Like 3

hi everyone

anyone know or heard about class 144 old livery of metro train with 'regional railways'

what I want buy that model

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66289212@N07/7758463436/

thank you

Sorry but you will be waiting a while for that livery, as we are working backwards.   Got to sell what we have first before altering the roof, underfloor equipment, seats and floor plan. Our current model is out of date as they now have sanding equipment on them!

What ever we do is not what people want.  But a Metro Red one to be going on with!

post-3411-0-36347500-1356560380_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

This definitely shows how taking the time to produce a top quality model can reap rewards for the manufacturer; I am determined to have a much smaller collection of models than I've had in the past and this wouldn't have made the purchase list, but the quality of this DMU has swayed me to purchase one when released in an appropriate livery (Regional Railways) :locomotive: Justification to run it would be "new unit on test"!

Now, about an OO gauge Class 142 in chocolate and cream . . .   

This definitely shows how taking the time to produce a top quality model can reap rewards for the manufacturer; I am determined to have a much smaller collection of models than I've had in the past and this wouldn't have made the purchase list, but the quality of this DMU has swayed me to purchase one when released in an appropriate livery (Regional Railways) :locomotive: Justification to run it would be "new unit on test"!

Now, about an OO gauge Class 142 in chocolate and cream . . .   

They are crappier the a 144!

post-3411-0-29992200-1356569528.jpg

• Like 2

Can we take it that you've taken this one apart to make accurate measurements for an OO version? :locomotive:

Slightly OT here, but that cab front was under Manchester Vic station and has been repaired and is now in the hands of the Pacer Preservation Society.

• Like 1

Hi Charlie/Arran,

Those two samples look absolutely superb and the wait is going to be well worth it for that level of detail and testing that has gone into it. Much better than to rush it and not be happy with the end result. Looks like I know what I will be buying from you at showcase now! Although how I will justify the Northern livery one on highland trials is another matter.

Hope you both had a good Christmas!

Mark

Slightly OT here, but that cab front was under Manchester Vic station and has been repaired and is now in the hands of the Pacer Preservation Society.

And now, somewhat ironically, is being used to help produce new cab mouldes for Northerns 142s - talk about what comes around goes around.

• Like 1