REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

That said, the hobby is crying out for a decent steam shunter! Other than the Bachmann Panniers and to some extent the Jintys and the upcoming sentinels there's not much that's up to the high standards set by other larger engines.

That said, the hobby is crying out for a decent steam shunter! Other than the Bachmann Panniers and to some extent the Jintys and the upcoming sentinels there's not much that's up to the high standards set by other larger engines.

That is certainly very true. The J72 would be an example of one I'd go for as its the only true NER machine done in model form for years but then would you want to make one more suitable to an area already extensively covered by some larger companies having modelled a locomotive fleet. The southern, western and midlands have had plenty of engines done, but apart from that Pannier few shunters are done. Yet, the eastern region lot is a mixed bag and more split by pregrouping engines kept in use. Steam is indeed a massive market to break into, but then its always tricky to decide what to make. I maintain that new models sell as new ones are purchased by modellers as 'they dont have one of that.' So making a shunter might be a great idea as none really are on the market so might be taken up on.

The other issue might be the georgraphical part again. In steam, unlike diesel there isnt much of a BR standard steam shunter. 08s went just about everywhere, and the closest you get is a J94 (Austerity tank).

Plenty to choose from and perhaps this discussion, which is interesting to hypothesise about is worthy of its own thread so as not to deract from the grand work done on the 144s....

• RMweb Premium

Re: 143 liveries for the second batch, 143-317 plain RR for me.

Re: Shunters, if it's diesel then I vote for the 07. If it's steam, then I will stick with my first choice of the somewhat geographically restricted but actually preserved 'Bonnie Prince Charlie' (as at Didcot and had worked Poole Quay for many a year).

On no! Photographic evidence, locked in! Once again I got out without assistance. Charlie

So! The question, what diesel shunters do people like!!!!

A properly executed 06, or one of the wee NBLs pleasantry.gif

Go for the ScR market, you know we make sense!

Diesel shunter... it's got to be industrial in a selection of 'generic' base liveries that can be easily customised...

Personally I'd go for the Sentinel diesel hydraulic :) but then I would as I want the 0-6-0 one, and will be buying Judith Edge's kit. No doubt just as I finish it you'll announce the model!

Trouble is there are kits available for the 07 and that's always been respected in the past.

But hasn't there also been kits for the class 14/15/17? Not all of us have the skill to make such kits which is why the possibility of a r-t-r 07 would be so exciting :drinks:

So! The question, what diesel shunters do people like!!!!

Seeing as you are asking Charlie.

This

Chasewater Railway Yards

This

Chasewater Railway Part1

This

chasewater P6208694

And if we are talking steam, one of these

IndSt146

maybe its just me....but wont doing a short 4 wheelbase model be abit risky for the "dead section" on points.

i`d love to see a 175 in arrivawales, not sure if anyone has this model in the pipe line....

thanks, :rolleyes:

• RMweb Gold

But hasn't there also been kits for the class 14/15/17? Not all of us have the skill to make such kits which is why the possibility of a r-t-r 07 would be so exciting :drinks:

It would very exciting and I'd have one myself but I can't see them stepping on another manufacturers toes (even though it's happened to DC kits many times in the past of course) however things do change.

Some sort of decent four wheeled diesel shunter surely! You know a class 01 would look good ;)

That was the statement, all I asked was what diesel shunter do people like, just curious. I like 05 & 06's but as of today we have no plans to do any as we are busy with current projects:

These are:

Class 144 (Running late due to us being unhappy & picky with the bodyshells we have) Northern & Metro Red & Silver livery

Class 143 (Also running late but I am in Cardiff hoping to meet Sir Tom Jones next Wednesday, will be in Bristol on Thursday tracking down 'Lusty Glaze'then at Exeter on Friday & Saturday checking out close up detailing on the 'Local Lines livery' on the 143s.

Liveries on the 143s are Arriva Trains Wales & First Great Western 'Local Lines'

NEXT DMU All research & Measuring done, liveries selected.

Then more 144 & 143 liveries (Working our way backwards)

Then: A loco! Thats all your getting!!! One project at a time. Suggest starting a new post on this one as we are very interested in what RM Webbers think they need, we have our ideas, but what's yours!

post-3411-0-79928800-1310327627_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-43342000-1310327715_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-59444500-1310327792_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-45713700-1310327943_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I really like the 05s.

I think the scottish ones look better with there bigger windows, bigger cabside numbers, bufferbeams and wheels than the London midland region version..

although I am hankering after a LM version soon as they did run around my area in they're last days and have got some nice photo evidence :)

Charlie, I won`t be buying you 144 model.

That`s because I`m waiting for the original 3 headlight version, 2 and 3 car, in wypte colours.

Roll on the pacers.

Cheesysmith

Ps, the loco, lts have a 13. Just because we are both yorkshiremen.:laugh:

• RMweb Gold

Fair point Charlie, your question was very clear. It's not my place to second guess you.

May I wish you the very best of luck with the 'wagons' but can I say I'm more excited about the DMU* :yes:

*No I haven't the faintest idea what it is but it's fingers crossed :drinks: