REALTRACK models announce Class 143 and Class 144

Andy Y

Thanks for the photos Mick, the model looks lovely. Is the roof a bit on the glossy side or is the weather just wet in Blackmill? ;)

Keep up the good work (both on developing the model and keeping us updated here), it is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the photos Mick, the model looks lovely. Is the roof a bit on the glossy side or is the weather just wet in Blackmill? ;)

Hi Will,

Nothing that a light coat of satin wouldn't cure! No doubt Charlie will give a definitive answer in due course. Definitive for Charile that is.................. :locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Will,

Nothing that a light coat of satin wouldn't cure! No doubt Charlie will give a definitive answer in due course. Definitive for Charile that is.................. :locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

The units have glossy roofs when Ex-Works (Neville Hill Paintshop), but if you have seen the sample in the flesh, then it aint super glossy! You cannot win on this subject as its easier to 'Dull Down' a semi gloss roof, than it is to 'shine up' a dull roof.

In my experience 'Joe Public' like things sparkly clean, not weathered as we modellers do! Sadly we need to sell 2,500 so we have to sell to Joe Public!

• Like 3

Thanks for the response regarding the roof, Charlie, that makes sense. I remember when Bachmann's Voyager came out it had a more glossy finish than other models and this made it look realistic - for a clean one, of course!

Cheers,

Will

Guest Crusader

I'd love a 143 in TWPTE colours, wonder what my chances are?

If you check out posts 431 and 435 on the previous page, then if they can shift sufficient quantities of the initial releases in more recent liveries, I would say quite good! If I didn’t have such limited finances and so many constraints on storage and layout space, I would be sorely tempted to purchase a Northern 144 just to try and help ensure that Realtrack get round to releasing the earlier liveries, as it is only really the BR era liveries that I would be interested in buying, particularly those that I remember around the North East during my youth! They truly are superb looking models.

• Like 1

I would be sorely tempted to purchase a Northern 144 just to try and help ensure that Realtrack get round to releasing the earlier liveries, as it is only really the BR era liveries that I would be interested in buying, particularly those that I remember around the North East during my youth!

Same reason I mentioned one in Tyne & Wear PTE livery - it's that and Provincial livery I remember around the North East during my youth!

I guess the other way is for enough of us wanting a particular livery to see if we can do some sort of group buy.

Same reason I mentioned one in Tyne & Wear PTE livery - it's that and Provincial livery I remember around the North East during my youth!

I guess the other way is for enough of us wanting a particular livery to see if we can do some sort of group buy.

If and when we do them! We would do 2 X Provincial & 2 x Tyne & Wear PTE Yellow & White. With different running numbers & Heaton depot logo's. Before these though will be a Regional Railways North East Pair.

Start Saving Up! Charlie

If anyone wants to commision 508 models, let us know!!!!

If and when we do them! We would do 2 X Provincial & 2 x Tyne & Wear PTE Yellow & White. With different running numbers & Heaton depot logo's. Before these though will be a Regional Railways North East Pair.

Go on, you know you want to! ;)

If anyone wants to commision 508 models, let us know!!!!

hmm, so I need to find another 506-ish takers for one then :scratchhead:

REALTRACK OUTSIDE TESTING DEPARTMENT HERE!

We have had various mods done on the chassis, wheelsets, gearing, lighting, etc. We are now testing, testing, testing.

This unit has now done two shows, one on DC and this weekend on DCC with sound. All is going well so far, Red & Silver Metro units for testing awaited!

Youtube Clips going live when Arran gets back off his holidays on a beach near Felixstowe? Or is that a container port!!!!

Charlie

If you are a key figure in Realtrack could I make I request for a few models? They are a good class 156 and a 142 which would look perfect with your class 143/144. Maybe 325/323/175/185? Doubt that all the models I requested would be produced but I hope you do produce some of the northern 142/156 models, I'm (hopefully) getting one of your fantastic models.

Edited by Swifty11

If you are a key figure in Realtrack could I make I request for a few models? They are a good class 156 and a 142 which would look perfect with your class 143/144. Maybe 325/323/175/185? Doubt that all the models I requested would be produced but I hope you do produce some of the northern 142/156 models, I'm (hopefully) getting one of your fantastic models.

topic is here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/41009-realtrack-models-looking-for-suggestions/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HI All

The seats in the later Northern one will be Blue with the early Northern the Purple.

Regards Arran

As per an earlier listing on this topic:

The first four models will be:

144-111: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Abelio Night Blue (New Northern Rail livery November 2011 Onwards) with running numbers 144008

Specification:

144008 Northern Night Blue / Serco & Abellio Joint Venture livery with Metro & SY Travel logo's

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55812

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55835

Night Blue Seats, Missing Overhead warning in front windscreens, Grey internal Handrails, Missing No Smoking stickers in passenger windows,

Bicycle Emblems on one car re prototype, Current yellow HSE warning stickers applied.

Destinations: YORK - LEEDS

144-112: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Night Blue (Old pre Nov 2011 Northern Livery) with running numbers 144007

Specification:

144007 Northern Night Blue livery with Metro & SY Travel logo's

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55807

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55830

Night Blue Seats, Overhead stickers in front windscreens, Yellow internal Handrails, No Smoking stickers fitted to all passenger windows,

Wheel Chair emblems applied on both cars, Current yellow HSE warning stickers applied.

Destinations: YORK - SHEFFIELD

144-113: Class 144 Two Car DMU Northern Red & Silver 'Waves livery' (Ex Metro Livery) with running numbers 144003

Specification:

144003 West Yorkshire 'METRO' Red & Silver livery. NORTHERN Branding

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55803

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55826

Metro Red Seats, Overhead stickers in front windscreens, Yellow internal Handrails, No Smoking stickers fitted to all passenger windows,

Old style Wheel Chair emblems applied on both cars, Old White HSE warning stickers applied, Branded with early NORTHERN logo

Destinations: LINCOLN - SHEFFIELD

144-114: Class 144 Two Car DMU Arriva Trains Northern Red & Silver West Yorkshire Metro 'Waves' Livery with running numbers 144009

Specification:

144009 West Yorkshire 'METRO' Red & Silver livery. ARRIVA Branding

Driving Motor Second DMS (No Toilet) 55809

Driving Motor Second Lavatory DMSL (Toilet) 55832

Metro Red Seats, Overhead stickers in front windscreens, Yellow internal Handrails, No Smoking stickers fitted to all passenger windows,

Old style Wheel Chair emblems applied on both cars, Old White HSE warning stickers applied, Branded with early ARRIVA TRAINS NORTHERN logo

Destinations: LEEDS - MANCHESTER VICTORIA

Edited by charliepetty

I'm not disputing the name of the colour, its just that the seats in real life are purple and the samples above are clearly not the colour of the real seats.

If you mould the seats in purple plastic they will be the correct colour, if you mould them in any shade of blue they will not match the real thing

perhaps someone could compare the sample with an actual seat before finalising the production run