Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Posted Image What was your favourite model of 2017? Cast your vote

Photo

Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

• Please log in to reply
3461 replies to this topic

#3451 P.C.M

P.C.M

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,508 posts
  • LocationNear the beach, Victoria. AUSTRALIA

Posted 25 December 2017 - 00:15

Merry Christmas to you Dave. Always nice to see a few pics, the 107 looks right at home.

All the best Peter.

• Thanks x 1
  • Agree x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#3452 JDW

JDW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationAberdeen / Sheffield

Posted 25 December 2017 - 00:16

I never get tired of seeing this,I was finally up near waverly on Saturday on a coach trip,  its a really impressive station  

But please stop posting pics of the real thing, as i never seem to tell whats model and whats real

Mark

Agreed, maybe you could post some pics of the actual model one day, Dave...?  :jester:

• Agree x 3
  • Funny x 2

#3453 DoubleDeckInterurban

DoubleDeckInterurban

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Western Sydney, NSW

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:44

I agree. And it's about time I said MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  • Thanks x 1
  • Like x 1

#3454 MRDBLUE17

MRDBLUE17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 22:52

Merry Christmas Dave to you and your family. Great photos as usual.

All the best
Mark
  • Like x 1

#3455 PaternosterRow

PaternosterRow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:17

Seems like an age since I spent anytime on RMweb, but every time I return I always have a look in at your blog. It is an absolute pleasure to view your pics and I’m always ‘double taking’ at them. This has to be the most perfect layout currently in the hobby. Simply because it’s complete and fully working - you don’t mess about, do you? I also love the pics and description of the whole layout - should be an update every two months in the magazines. Thank you for posting and giving the rest of us constant inspiration. Happy New Year and wish you happy modelling for 2018. Keep posting whatever you do. Regards, Mike.
  • Agree x 4
  • Thanks x 1

#3456 45156

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationNr Lancaster, or possibly stuck in traffic

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:41

Hi Dave

WW is again in good company as are you - nominations for Layout of the year and modeller of the year too - you got my nomination and vote in both categories this year.

Regards

Stewart

ps - make cheques out to 45156 and mail to me ASAP.

• Funny x 1
  • Agree x 1
  • Like x 1

#3457 Waverley West

Waverley West

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,725 posts
  • LocationCockermouth, Cumbria

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:57

Seems like an age since I spent anytime on RMweb, but every time I return I always have a look in at your blog. It is an absolute pleasure to view your pics and I’m always ‘double taking’ at them. This has to be the most perfect layout currently in the hobby. Simply because it’s complete and fully working - you don’t mess about, do you? I also love the pics and description of the whole layout - should be an update every two months in the magazines. Thank you for posting and giving the rest of us constant inspiration. Happy New Year and wish you happy modelling for 2018. Keep posting whatever you do. Regards, Mike.

Thanks Mike. That's very kind. It's the feedback I get, yours included, that makes posting on here so worthwhile. I love your diorama shots by the way.

If WW shows anything, I hope it's that with a little willingness to compromise (ready to run track, foreshortening of distances, etc.) and a little courage (weathering and detailing/modifying of RTR stock and so on, plus lots of plasticard), it's possible to build something that stirs memories and recreates the atmosphere of a real place in a relatively small area.

I fully intend to keep posting and have enough plans for the layout to keep me busy for many years yet. 

Cheers and thanks again,

Dave

• Friendly/Supportive x 2
  • Like x 1

#3458 Waverley West

Waverley West

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:59

Hi Dave

WW is again in good company as are you - nominations for Layout of the year and modeller of the year too - you got my nomination and vote in both categories this year.

Regards

Stewart

ps - make cheques out to 45156 and mail to me ASAP.

Thanks Stewart. I'm duly humbled by the nominations and votes.

The cheque's in the post. I s'pose you'll be wanting more this year with nominations and votes in both categories?  :jester:

Dave

• Funny x 1

#3459 luckymucklebackit

luckymucklebackit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • LocationEaglesham, south of Glasgow

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:07

I have voted too - whats the going rate :good:

Jim

• Funny x 2

#3460 Waverley West

Waverley West

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:11

A very happy and healthy New Year everyone!

Just thought I'd post a pic or two of wot I dun on my Xmas hols this year...

I spent my spare moments making some buildings for the inside of the shed on Road 8 at the depot. The building on the left is the original Mechanical Foreman's office. In the middle is a ramp which I think leads to a door in the wall of the building which leads through to the inspection platforms in the adjacent building. On the right is another office which was located in the far left-hand corner of the building. 

It wasn't easy trying to work out the geometry and relative positions of the various structures based on a very limited number of somewhat murky shots of the interior of the building. These structures represent a simplified and scaled down version of what I think I am seeing in the photos.

Basic painting is now under way, still a bit bright at this stage of course. There's plenty of detailing still to do as well.

IMG_8505.JPG

IMG_8507.JPG

IMG_8509.JPG

Santa brought me a couple of Kernow Models' Tiger bogie china clay wagons this year, which will be added to my Speedlink rake.

Hope to be back soon with some more updates.

Cheers for now,

Dave

• Like x 18
  • Craftsmanship/Clever x 3

#3461 45156

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationNr Lancaster, or possibly stuck in traffic

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:29

Thanks Stewart. I'm duly humbled by the nominations and votes.

The cheque's in the post. I s'pose you'll be wanting more this year with nominations and votes in both categories?  :jester:

Dave

No, my fees are very reasonable. 

#3462 Waverley West

Waverley West

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:12

No, my fees are very reasonable. 

Well, in that case, as a generous gesture, I'd like to offer you twice what I paid you last year Stewart.

• Funny x 4