Coopercraft

Guest Mikado

• 2 weeks later...

I had parts missing from a bogie kit.Phoned and explained problem .Parts arrived in post next day.

Email is not always answered as quickly by most suppliers.

Tried phoning as well but no joy, answer machine not working or ignored, don't know which.

Will give the matter a week or two, they may be very busy, before airing my issues on here

I had a part missing in a Cooper Craft kit and emailed the problem along with my address.

I never did get a reply but got the missing part in the mail a week or so later (I am in Canada).

I have always had great service from Cooper Craft but must admit communications are sometimes a bit slow.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I had a part missing in a Cooper Craft kit and emailed the problem along with my address.

I never did get a reply but got the missing part in the mail a week or so later (I am in Canada).

I have always had great service from Cooper Craft but must admit communications are sometimes a bit slow.

Steve

I have also received an almost instant response to a request for a malformed  kit part to be replaced and was obviously very pleased.

My current gripe is that they simply ignore my various attempts to contact them regarding faulty transfers I purchased, £20 worth of non transferring transfers

I assume that they bought the transfers as part of the deal to take over production of Slaters OO range and therefore have no answer to the problem.

This leads me to assume that all transfers included in their Slaters kits are faulty?

I have a work around to the problem but it cost almost £10 for a bottle of French Polish, a cost which I should seek to recover from them.

Hrrrumph

Are you sure?  Every 4mm Slaters kit I have ever bought or built has had Methfix transfers with it.  They're also much less willing to fix than the HMRS ones, but they were definitely always Methfix.

Absolutely certain the instructions refer specifically to Pressfix

• RMweb Premium

I have a Slater's wagon kit, dating from when they where owned by C+L Finescale.To quote from the instructions:

"The transfers are of the Pressfix type"

The glue has dried out on them, making it difficult, but not impossible, to apply them.

I have a Slater's wagon kit, dating from when they where owned by C+L Finescale.To quote from the instructions: "The transfers are of the Pressfix type" The glue has dried out on them, making it difficult, but not impossible, to apply them.

I followed this advice from this forum with great success after trying to use the transfers but was supplied with dried out rubbish and should not have had to buy the French Polish.

"If the tacky has dried out on pressfix transfers rendering them useless try turning them into the methfix version. This is easily done by purchasing a bottle of SPECIAL PALE FRENCH POLISH from Squires (??6.49), painting a thin coat all over the sheet on the 'tacky' side. Then when dry (only a few minutes) use exactly the same as methfix transfers. (That is exactly what you have created)

I have coated all my old sheets and saved a small fortune at around ??17.00 for the HMRS sheets.

This loco was done using that method as the 'tacky'had completely dried out"

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the contact details, but they do not seem at all keen to answer when there is a problem with their goods

I am having similar problems have e-mailed them three times about missing parts from a kit I bought just before Christmas, with no reply.

Two phone calls got a reply promising to send the parts that was not honoured, and the owners mother telling me he was out.

So I guess that is £30 quid down the drain. Its a shame they are not trustworthy as they have quite a range of stuff.

I am having similar problems have e-mailed them three times about missing parts from a kit I bought just before Christmas, with no reply.

Two phone calls got a reply promising to send the parts that was not honoured, and the owners mother telling me he was out.

So I guess that is £30 quid down the drain. Its a shame they are not trustworthy as they have quite a range of stuff.

Sounds disappointing in the light of this ongoing thread

Dreams appear to have foundered on the rocks of reality.

• RMweb Premium

Sounds disappointing in the light of this ongoing thread

Dreams appear to have foundered on the rocks of reality.

I have emailed him several times but never had a reply to that, but I usually get a response to phone calls or catching up with him at the few shows that he attends.

I'm awaiting several Blacksmiths kit's which are allegedly awaiting the castings. The upside is that the money is still in my account and not his.

SS

• 1 month later...

Eventually gave up waiting and ordered the parts I was missing seperately as spares.

Nothing arrived, again emails were ignored, so I phoned up instead, it took two calls to get through and I was promised the parts would be sent.

The owner muttered something I did not quite catch about having trouble getting parts, so perhaps he is selling stock he does not have?

Either way a few days later the parts did eventually turn up, but one of the mouldings is defective where the plastic did not fill the mould when the parts were made.

Fortunately the damaged parts would have been spares, but the whole saga has really put me off this company, and I will not be using them again.

They are at ExpoEM this weekend, and are billed to appear at RailEx next weekend. Hopefully they will have some Mk.1 underframe kits on the rack - I need a couple.

I do wonder if the enterprising owner might just have bitten off slightly more than he can chew by taking on quite disparate ranges. Having to update them or do further development work on them is never easy if there is only one of you. I recall 247 Developments had similar PR problems in the mail order department, which is why I always wait to catch them at shows.

Thanks for the contact details, but they do not seem at all keen to answer when there is a problem with their goods

Yes, I have sent numerous emails about various items but I never get a reply either.

NOTE : the second last batch of Slaters wagon kits I ordered had waterslide transfers which were of excellent quality. Unfortunately, the paper manufacturer was no longer able to supply or went out of business so no transfers were being sent at all with the last batch I ordered. I am not sure what the current situation is. I have sent numerous emails but no reply was ever received. They were great transfers ; the tare weights were particularly useful when building  wagon kits. I hope they come back into production again.

Ordered etches from him on 8 April and monies taken by credit card.No goods received and no response to two emails, letter and telephone calls. Confronted him at ExpoEM (Bracknell) and received a vague comment that something may be available in two weeks. Will wait to see what happens but suspect this is heading for a credit card dispute.Does he have any idea what he is producing and its availability?

Archived