Just been informed by my supplier about the Bachmann H2 slippage to June/July 2018.
Manufacturers say they want to see evidence of interest by way of pre-orders.
Who can take new product announcements seriously when they may entail a 5 year wait, like this one.
So fewer buyers pre-order and the manufacturers get less idea of the demand on which to base production run volumes - or even cancel projects.
No way to run a business.
I now only pre-order in exceptional cases, where demand is likely to far outstrip supply - SECR intricate liveries etc.
And who knows what price the H2 will be in late 2018/early 2019 after allowing for the usual last-minute hiccups.
Having done so many EPs, it would be silly to back down now. What might go are further corrections to the splashers. Given the choice between slightly incorrect splashers or no H2, I will go with the former.
So far though, they have announced only 2 members of the class. This is less than normal which is 3 often 4. So that would slow pre-orders some what.
With the glut of SR items recently (there is an awful lot coming out now and due over the next 6 months!), I can understand delaying to the end of 2018, just to allow us SR buyers a chance to recover.
Maybe an LBSC version annouced in March will tip pre-orders the right way.
Bachmann should perhaps give estimates saying between £150 and £200 when they get within a 18 months of release - then people can gauge whether or not it is within their pocket.