Bachmann to produce ex LBSC Atlantic H2 Class 4-4-2

Graham_Muz

September 27th Bachmann update,

There is no new delivery date now, only $= on order, mostly it means no delivery date on short hand,

possible to do with the splashers that were not right or something about that with the mouldings.

I'm thinking it will take a little longer than March 2018, but with all the long wait a few months extra could added to the  4 years we are waiting,so next year it will be 5 years full, :umbrage:  hopefully it will be extra worth the wait.

again  :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:

Edited by Cor-onGRT4

September 27th Bachmann update,

There is no new delivery date now, only $= on order, mostly it means no delivery date on short hand,

possible to do with the splashers that were not right or something about that with the mouldings.

I'm thinking it will take a little longer than March 2018, but with all the long wait a few months extra could added to the  4 years we are waiting,so next year it will be 5 years full, :umbrage:  hopefully it will be extra worth the wait.

again  :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:

October 6th Bachmann new update

They have now ad an new delivery date now stated for Jun/Jul 2018

9 months futher at least, possible to do with the problems they have with the splashers design.

And because of that not easy to insert in the production scheme.

lets hope this will be the last time it's been postponed :resent:

But with all the avalanche of new SR/ SECR models we can have some more time to save up some money :mosking:

Just been informed by my supplier about the Bachmann H2 slippage to June/July 2018.

Manufacturers say they want to see evidence of interest by way of pre-orders.

Who can take new product announcements seriously when they may entail a 5 year wait, like this one.

So fewer buyers pre-order and the manufacturers get less idea of the demand on which to base production run volumes - or even cancel projects. 

No way to run a business.

I now only pre-order in exceptional cases, where demand is likely to far outstrip supply - SECR intricate liveries etc.

And who knows what price the H2 will be in late 2018/early 2019 after allowing for the usual last-minute hiccups.

Just been informed by my supplier about the Bachmann H2 slippage to June/July 2018.

Manufacturers say they want to see evidence of interest by way of pre-orders.

Who can take new product announcements seriously when they may entail a 5 year wait, like this one.

So fewer buyers pre-order and the manufacturers get less idea of the demand on which to base production run volumes - or even cancel projects. 

No way to run a business.

I now only pre-order in exceptional cases, where demand is likely to far outstrip supply - SECR intricate liveries etc.

And who knows what price the H2 will be in late 2018/early 2019 after allowing for the usual last-minute hiccups.

Having done so many EPs, it would be silly to back down now. What might go are further corrections to the splashers. Given the choice between slightly incorrect splashers or no H2, I will go with the former.

So far though, they have announced only 2 members of the class. This is less than normal which is 3 often 4.  So that would slow pre-orders some what.

With the glut of SR items recently (there is an awful lot coming out now and due over the next 6 months!), I can understand delaying to the end of 2018, just to allow us SR buyers a chance to recover.

Maybe an LBSC version annouced in March will tip pre-orders the right way.

Bachmann should perhaps give estimates saying between £150 and £200 when they get within a 18 months of release - then people can gauge whether or not it is within their pocket.

Bachmann should perhaps give estimates saying between £150 and £200 when they get within a 18 months of release - then people can gauge whether or not it is within their pocket.

Bachmann kind have done that. They released the current RRP of 179.95 back in March 2016 (yes I did go back to page 7 to find that out), prior to this it was TBA. If the latest delay hadn't of happened it would have been about 20 or 21 months between RRP announcement and release. Assuming no further delays it will be about 27 or 28 months.

Edited by Paul.Uni

Guest spet0114

I suspect it might crop up as a Collectors’ Club item. I hope so!

Personally, I think they'd like to sell more than 504 of an LBSCR one, so I'd predict it being in the main range.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Apparently there were livery samples at Warley, does anyone have any photos?

Yes, on the Bachmann at Warley thread eg

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128462-Bachmann-at-warley-2017/?p=2936793

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128462-Bachmann-at-warley-2017/?p=2937191

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by tractionman

Interesting to note on the SR version it features lamps and discs on the front lamp irons. Personally I don't like the green around the rear axle on the loco but cant say whether it is prototypical or not

I had wondered that too as the Sunshine livery has a black rear axle on the loco.  I'm sure some aficianado on Southern Railway liveries wil be able to shed some light on it though.

Very handsome in green! Just shy of £180 RRP (Hatton’s price just shy of £153). Arrival June/Jul.

Pre-grouping livery should surely appear at some stage unless Bachy is a little wary of brown (thinking of the E4).

Technically both the models in green/black that Bachmann are making feature SR modifications, like the Bluebells reconstruction (although an early livery hasn't been ruled out). So would make them inaccurate for an LBSC version. BUT at warley last year an EP was shown with LBSC features (braked front bogie plus others) so its either going to come in a future batch or be a collectors club exclusive.