Bachmann FFA/FGA early container flats

Andy Y

• 4 weeks later...

A container did arrive with the Mickleover MRC 37114.... wonder if they are in it too?

Could do with another month to save up!

Phil

I don't believe they were on that one. The piggy bank lives to see another day (or month).

• RMweb Gold

A container did arrive with the Mickleover MRC 37114.... wonder if they are in it too?

Could do with another month to save up!

Phil

Same here!

I was in Bure valley models and they weren't expecting them imminently

I want two four sets which I recon will be about £400

• RMweb Gold

Oh bu&&er when I started fives were rare obviously I assumed wrongly that there were four sets at the start.

Unfortunately I will have to stick with four sets as I would have nowhere to stable a ten set.

Would a lone five set have been very common in the mid sixties?

And then, when they tried out the London- Paris service, they ran some three car sets, because of the configuration of the decks on the train-ferry.

I did always wonder what the fixed sets were to make up the 99 ferry converted wagons.

I didn't realise there was 100 prototype 42' vacuum braked ones. What became of these? Don't think I've ever seen a picture of one

There weren't a hundred; there were two outers ( Dia 1/080, 45'9" long) and two inners (Dia 1/081, 42'6" long) built in Shildon in January 1964. All subsequent builds were 60'+ long. Info from Roger Silsbury's list in 'Freightliner- Live and Times' by Michael J Collins.

There had been some bogie 'Condor' flats (effectively a Boflat or Boplate E without floors) built to replace the various four-wheel wagons used on the precursor to Freightliner; these ended up on the Cobra coke traffic from Derwenthaugh, and then on traffic from Boulby mine. These have been photographed by Paul Bartlett:- http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/bogiecondor

• RMweb Gold

There weren't a hundred; there were two outers ( Dia 1/080, 45'9" long) and two inners (Dia 1/081, 42'6" long) built in Shildon in January 1964. All subsequent builds were 60'+ long. Info from Roger Silsbury's list in 'Freightliner- Live and Times' by Michael J Collins.

There had been some bogie 'Condor' flats (effectively a Boflat or Boplate E without floors) built to replace the various four-wheel wagons used on the precursor to Freightliner; these ended up on the Cobra coke traffic from Derwenthaugh, and then on traffic from Boulby mine. These have been photographed by Paul Bartlett:- http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/bogiecondor

I must have misread that link as I thought there was only one prototype set

I hadn't realised the vacuum brake container flats on boulby traffic had started o condor trains.

I used to drive those trains to boulby when they were around