• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 90rob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationHampshire

Posted 09 June 2017 - 17:24

Sorry to say I've had exactly the same experience recently. Ordered items that their website suggested were in stock. Waited a couple of weeks for them to arrive and nothing. Sent several emails that weren't responded too. 

Oh dear - in exactly the same situation. Phone them next week...

Edited to note that I have just received a full refund and an apology. They seem to be improving and are now responding to emails in a very positive way.

Edited by 90rob, 10 June 2017 - 15:01 .

#27 acourtrail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationYeovil, Somerset

Posted 08 August 2017 - 16:49

I have used Osborne's a few times in the past.  I feel that they could improve on a few things, they could put the prices on everything on display in their shop for a start (I find it annoying to have to ask how much things are).  Also, on their website, they could do with only showing what they actually have in stock (a pet hate of mine is looking at something and getting "sorry, out of stock", if shops are going to have websites, they must make sure they have the staff to keep the site up to date).

• Agree x 4

#28 D826

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationWatton

Posted 12 January 2018 - 20:51

Osbornes - first rate service.

Ordered an Arch Laser Yard Crane kit and one or two other items before Christmas.

One phone call confirmed I'd messed up on card details and the order arrived next day.

Used to be the best n gauge supplier by far when in Abingdon, and for those of us with a leaning to the 'proper' railway, (GWR) Osbourns are still great - if you know how to use a phone and 'communicate'.

10 out of 10 from me.

Kind regards

Matt Wood aka D826....

Edited by D826, 12 January 2018 - 20:52 .

• Like x 3

#29 bgman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,380 posts
  • Locationprobably feeling hungry on a train in Devon

Posted 12 January 2018 - 23:06

I purchased a laser kit whilst in the shop last year.
Having almost completed it I noticed that some "important" parts had not been included in the initial design.
I kindly advised them by telephone and said would it be possible to have these cut when they next produced something on their laser.

Not a problem was the reply, should be by the end of next week and we will send them on to you.

After six telephone requests and nine months later I still don't have the parts. Hey ho !

#30 WolfofBadenoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 20:13

I ordered a couple of items from them on Thursday and they arrived on Saturday, with a couple of emails from Osborns in between to confirm order and then dispatch.

No complaint about the service - glad i hadn't read this thread first!

• Like x 2