Scaleforum 2015 - 19/20 September

Flymo748

• RMweb Gold

Must print out some East German flags for 18.201, and maybe a Freie Deutsche Jugend badge or two.....  

You don't do things by halves, do you, Horse?

Your next port of call with that rather nice locomotive should be the Brandenburg Gate, get someone to take a photo of you and the machine posing there.

Rotten luck, can think of a better time to have six weeks of limited mobility. I'd recommend that you keep away from the sport channels on TV.

I can't stand sport, so no chance of that. I could do some serious modelling but there is a slight problem my workshop and modelling bits are in the loft and I am not going up the loft ladder.

I was surprised and disappointed by the attendance at this show. Perhaps the organising committee need to be asking Scalefour Society members what they want of their forum. It cannot go on like this, clearly members have to show up if the exhibition is to continue, and it's too expensive at £9 to attract the generality of the hobby. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this isn't the last Scaleforum.

Regards

• RMweb Gold

I was surprised and disappointed by the attendance at this show. Perhaps the organising committee need to be asking Scalefour Society members what they want of their forum. It cannot go on like this, clearly members have to show up if the exhibition is to continue, and it's too expensive at £9 to attract the generality of the hobby. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this isn't the last Scaleforum.

Regards

That sounds odd as it doesn't seem to be clashing with much at all this weekend (unless all Scaleforum types are rugby fans?).  Does this mean that other exhibitions have reached a level where they compete in terms of layouts, or offer more and more varied trade attendance, or both?

I'm not sure if £9 is too much but a show would have to offer an awful lot to justify that sort of price for a wider audience. 

I didn't think the attendence this year was any different to the previous years, the hall does swallow up people, Railex gets around three times the number of paying visitors than Scalefourum. but being a multiscale show does attract a wider audience. The bussiness model is different too, as Scalefourum is there as a members show and if like Telford losses money that is fine as long as the membership are happy with the situation, Railex as a club show is not designed to make money but there is no point is doing a show as a club if you lose money.

I think the show was good but if you want Scalefourum to continue then try and visit tomorrow.

David   

Looks like at least three . . . . . . .

EDIT. This post doesn't make sense now but just for a few minutes until deleted, the posting above had been repeated three times . . . . .

This very true! Mike's post and my editing crossed. Sorry for any embarrassment.

Regards

Archived