I will then!  

I see preservation's obsession with headlights on green DMUs raises it's ugly head again. I bet it has red bulb tail lamps too!

And no effort made to hide it either!

If it must be there whats wrong with putting it in a separate enclosure behind the middle windscreen?

Edited by royaloak

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Here is a class 111 twin unit, with a class 101 coupled in the front of it. The class 111 is one which has had one engine removed from each car, hence the space visible on this side of the DMSL. The photo was taken in May, 1985. The four car unit was entering Beverley from Hull, on the way to Bridlington.

post-22631-0-24446100-1472934413_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 11

How about observing that it probably spent twice as long painted in blue or blue and grey than it did in green. Some railways would have had it in that damned lined maroon by now- headlamp or no.

I see preservation's obsession with headlights on green DMUs raises it's ugly head again. I bet it has red bulb tail lamps too!

• RMweb Gold

The blue 101 was about 03 ish, that was my project hence no headlamp and gutters removed.

The original intention was to make this unit look like a 79xxx something which fell by the wayside when I left.

However talking to the new c&w man it may be on the cards again.

Front valance and dummy high level jumpers sockets

• Like 3

The blue 101 was about 03 ish, that was my project hence no headlamp and gutters removed.

The original intention was to make this unit look like a 79xxx something which fell by the wayside when I left.

However talking to the new c&w man it may be on the cards again.

Front valance and dummy high level jumpers sockets

Thank you Russ, wasn't sure about the year on the blue 101, but sounds about right.

• RMweb Premium

Was the plan to keep the blue star sockets somewhere under the cowl so it could still multi up?

Brave decision to try to recreate a local unit! (Did the 79xxx units have a rubber panel behind the drivers door for the token? I can remember them on the Cravens sets that were around Cambridge in the 80's....)

Andy G

• RMweb Gold

The blue square jumpers were to be behind a panel in the valence. We didn't have many details on rubber panels. Not sure if all the 79xxx had them.

The unit is currently in green with mid level stripes with four lamps on each end but is stored for reasons I forget

• Like 1

165, surely?

Chris

Yes, very definitely in Twyford Cutting on the Up Relief Line 

Sorry, yes to you all. I really must not try and watch telly at the same time as posting.

I will correct my errors.

Was the plan to keep the blue star sockets somewhere under the cowl so it could still multi up?

Brave decision to try to recreate a local unit! (Did the 79xxx units have a rubber panel behind the drivers door for the token? I can remember them on the Cravens sets that were around Cambridge in the 80's....)

Andy G

Sorry about coming in late, here. Most DMUs were blue square; blue star applied to most classes of diesel electric locomotives.

At least some of the 79XXX Met-Cam units had the rubber panel, but I have no idea whether or not that was applied to all members of the type.