NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

I don't think we know who owns the IP, it's quite possible that the factory owns the IP for the work which has been done.

Nobody owns IP, I'm not a number, I'm a free man...  :sungum:

PS: and I've not had any work done.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I don't think we know who owns the IP, it's quite possible that the factory owns the IP for the work which has been done.

The whole legal situation could be very complex and of course we don't know the whole story.  The factory might be ill-advised to carry on with the project or anybody in the UK might be ill-advised to pick it up but equally the factory might consider it has sufficient grounds to progress it for whatever reason and would seek a UK partner.  But whatever happens (and I doubt if anything will on this model) at the end of it all there is a commercial market situation to consider and now DJM is working with another factory it is very likely that the original factory will know what is happening so I doubt there would be any thoughts of competing.  Thus far the Chinese seem to have hung back from direct involvement in the UK market being seemingly more than happy to work for UK commissioners/customers who leave them with the technical aspects of design and manufacturing without having to worry about marketing or establishing a brand identity etc.  But things can change and maybe one day they will?

Incidentally the original factory is of course still working for other people so might have more than enough work to keep them happy/fully employed on models for the UK market (and elsewhere?) in any case so might have no wish to pick up a part progressed project. 

Crucially though there's no mention of a factory stealing Dave's work - simply that if he chose to take his business elsewhere they keep the work to date, even (or probably particularly) if that work would theoretically be transferrable.

The way it read to me was that he had paid for the CADs and the factory hadn't done any work in exchange for payment...?

• RMweb Gold

The way it read to me was that he had paid for the CADs and the factory hadn't done any work in exchange for payment...?

That always depends on the viewpoint the statement is being written from and what the terms of the contract are.

But as Mike says

Incidentally the original factory is of course still working for other people so might have more than enough work to keep them happy/fully employed on models for the UK market (and elsewhere?) in any case so might have no wish to pick up a part progressed project. 

Other parties don't seem to have the same issues.

• Like 1

Just a suggestion for anyone who did not receive Dave's email, you may want to contact Dave and check that he has your correct email address.  I ordered a couple of years ago when I used a Tesco email account which has since been deleted, due to Tesco ceasing to be an email provider.  I just contacted Dave and got a response within a few minutes confirming that he had tried my old email address and that he would update his records for my new email address.

Regards

Roddy

Very traditional Chinese name is charlie....

O purveyor of disbelief :-) ... I can only point you in the direction of a blog/article written by a Chinese journalist: http://www.sixthtone.com/news/1521/how-chinese-people-make-western-names-for-themselves

Or Google the idea of Chinese people using Western names.

Edited by DavidH

Hi so are you saying you are president of the company Dave is using or the one who kept the cads? Or is that not what you are saying at all?

Mark

Just googled Guangdong-Shenzhen mould Co

Guangdong seems to be a province in China and Shenzhen a town according to Google there are over 1000 moulding companies around there so Charlie could be anywhere. (Sounds like a bad line from a Vietnam war film- I think the Americans called the Vietnamese Charlie or did I dream it)!

Mark

• RMweb Gold

And im sure Charlie is aware ip address information is stored with every post.... Hence the reason its been edited i try not to be the purveyor of disbelief david :-) that's why shortly i hope we will hear from his production manager wun-hung-lo and his European production co ordinator Biggus Dickus

• Like 2

And im sure Charlie is aware ip address information is stored with every post.... Hence the reason its been edited i try not to be the purveyor of disbelief david :-) that's why shortly i hope we will hear from his production manager wun-hung-lo and his European production co ordinator Biggus Dickus

I think it's more likely to be sillius soddus the well known transport manager and jolly japer!

Just googled Guangdong-Shenzhen mould Co

Guangdong seems to be a province in China and Shenzhen a town according to Google there are over 1000 moulding companies around there so Charlie could be anywhere. (Sounds like a bad line from a Vietnam war film- I think the Americans called the Vietnamese Charlie or did I dream it)!

Mark

It is possible, a Google search found one potential candidate amongst that 1000: https://ausomco.en.made-in-china.com/

Shenzhen Ausom Tooling Technology Co., Ltd., Mr. Charlie Lau, sales manager

What did he say, Reevesthecat?

It is possible, a Google search found one potential candidate amongst that 1000: https://ausomco.en.made-in-china.com/

Didnt say it wasn't possible just that there were a lot to choose from. The post I quoted was the whole content of the post I saw.

Mark

Edited by reevesthecat

I am sure that I read ‘send lots of Yuan to my PayPal account and we will return DJ to the forum. You will be informed when the second payment is due ‘.

Send to charlie@paypal.co.china

I am sure that I read ‘send lots of Yuan to my PayPal account and we will return DJ to the forum. You will be informed when the second payment is due ‘.

Send to charlie@paypal.co.china

Quick! Someone needs to set up a crowdfunding to pay the ransom.

Reference the post by "Charlie president Guangdong-Shenzhen mould Co." timed at 05:59 today, Wed 12th Dec 2018 by user '35705-charlie-c'

I am increasingly disappointed with the bad actors that post on this forum. This takes it to a new low.

Whilst the original post has now been deleted, it still remains in full on my gmail message.

David seems to have chosen to not post here for a while (maybe it's a permanent decision or maybe a temporary one, who knows but himself (and reading a lot of the posts here, I can understand why he might have chosen not to with )).

"Charlie-c" offering us to contact him at charlie-c@asia.com means that his email address is at the domain www . asia.com. A quick search shows that this is a travel agency, so clearly this post from Charlie-c is not what it purports to be.

In my gmail message I am very clear that Charlie-C's post is slanderous, having been posted on a public forum, so....

And im sure Charlie is aware ip address information is stored with every post....

Oh dear. Wouldn't like to be the poster if Dave sees this, hope (s)he was smart enough to use a VPN

This is hot news. At least 48 backers have sent letters of no confidence in this project. A vote will be held later.

Will the will of the crowdfunders prevail? Will the 92 process, be delayed or withdrawn altogether. Are we prepared for a no deal 92?

Or have I got my news confused?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

Reference the post by "Charlie president Guangdong-Shenzhen mould Co." timed at 05:59 today, Wed 12th Dec 2018 by user '35705-charlie-c'

I am increasingly disappointed with the bad actors that post on this forum. This takes it to a new low.

Whilst the original post has now been deleted, it still remains in full on my gmail message.

David seems to have chosen to not post here for a while (maybe it's a permanent decision or maybe a temporary one, who knows but himself (and reading a lot of the posts here, I can understand why he might have chosen not to with )).

"Charlie-c" offering us to contact him at charlie-c@asia.com means that his email address is at the domain www . asia.com. A quick search shows that this is a travel agency, so clearly this post from Charlie-c is not what it purports to be.

In my gmail message I am very clear that Charlie-C's post is slanderous, having been posted on a public forum, so....

Oh dear. Wouldn't like to be the poster if Dave sees this, hope (s)he was smart enough to use a VPN

So what was in the original post? Are you willing to share?

Mark

So what was in the original post? Are you willing to share?

Mark

Sorry Mark, no. By repeating his assertions I could find myself in the position of co-defendant with single post Charlie-C who only joined this forum yesterday.

Interesting to see that at least 12 people have already viewed his/her profile.