NEW OO gauge Crowdfunded Class 92 initiative

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

I suppose this thread is proof that if there is a Void , ie no postings from Dave ,someone trys to fill it!  Now we are getting theories of who may have CAD/Cams . Whats the use of this?  How about leaving this thread for updates in the 92 and leave the rest out?

This is hot news. At least 48 backers have sent letters of no confidence in this project. A vote will be held later.
Will the will of the crowdfunders prevail? Will the 92 process, be delayed or withdrawn altogether. Are we prepared for a no deal 92?

Or have I got my news confused?

No more confused than the rest of us.

Back to the Home for the Bewildered!

I suppose this thread is proof that if there is a Void , ie no postings from Dave ,someone trys to fill it!  Now we are getting theories of who may have CAD/Cams . Whats the use of this?  How about leaving this thread for updates in the 92 and leave the rest out?

Would be a good idea if there were any updates! The difficulty is people have put their own money in it's not like waiting for an update on a Bachmann or Hornby model where there is no financial risk so people (including me) have a vested interest.

Mark

• Like 1

Would be a good idea if there were any updates! The difficulty is people have put their own money in it's not like waiting for an update on a Bachmann or Hornby model where there is no financial risk so people (including me) have a vested interest.

Mark

I thought there was an update to investors - first EP from new factory at Stafford in Feb 2019.

I thought there was an update to investors - first EP from new factory at Stafford in Feb 2019.

You are correct there was with quite a few ifs in the preceding sentences and with the other parts of the update not being fulfilled such as I will be posting this on my website etc etc makes you wonder is things will happen not withstanding the 2 years it's taken to get to this point!

• RMweb Gold

The most obvious point however is......

The old cad no longer exists.....there is a new cad.....which is fine....but straight away he is asking for second deposit without making the new cad visible to atleast the investors.......how do you know there isnt a glaring error in that cad???

thats before we get to the discussion of the EP sample.....

Edited by pheaton

A quick search shows that this is a travel agency, so clearly this post from Charlie-c is not what it purports to be.

In my gmail message I am very clear that Charlie-C's post is slanderous, having been posted on a public forum, so....

Oh dear. Wouldn't like to be the poster if Dave sees this, hope (s)he was smart enough to use a VPN

You may have made premature assumptions; initial checks show the source of the posting. I am awaiting further information.

My breath is bated! I certainly presumed it was a joke, even without checking the domain asia.com!

Me too, hopefully Andy Y can/will update us on it. Not sure what premature assumption I made, but this has the potential to be more interesting than today's dealings in parliament what with 48 letters and Brex......... No don't say it!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

.asia.com offers domain name hosting.

In other words you can buy me@myname.asia.com and you could have www.myname.asia.com

https://www.101domain.com/asia_com.htm

Why anyone would go to that effort & cost for a single post on a forum I wouldn’t understand.

Tracert on that iPaddress for the post and registration emails, together with the email routing header could get some clarity.

5am in the morning is 1pm in the afternoon in Asia, again timestamping in the email headers can giveaway if a western vpn was used, frequently I receive emails that travel time.

As would server logs etc.

I recall this post from many months ago about “they”...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128477-n-gauge-crowdfunded-apt-p-warley-announcement/?p=3249492

Let’s see what outs, the mind boggles.. I wonder if the poster will return, if they are genuine then there’s no reason why they would not, indeed if it’s pertinent information, it should be encouraged that they should.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

Me too, hopefully Andy Y can/will update us on it. Not sure what premature assumption I made, but this has the potential to be more interesting than today's dealings in parliament what with 48 letters and Brex......... No don't say it!

The assumption referred to could be that the source isn't a travel agency, or solely a travel agency.

Re your first post, Slander is a spoken statement that has/can damage a persons reputation, Libel is a written/published statement that has/can damage a persons reputation.

The soap opera goes on, who needs EastEnders.......

I specifically took up the hobby to get away from soap operas.

Hmmm, this weeks edition:

A mystery man from China (maybe) gives a story, or try's too,

A shop seems to have major supply issues

An inner circle is holding onto possibly juicy updates

And finally a place Taiwan has introduced cheaper Bachrmann for all.

Who says model railways are dull? Com'on Hornby, now you have DC rights, how about a Coronation streamliner running along Gal Gadot's back to complete the excitement?

Edited by JSpencer

I specifically took up the hobby to get away from soap operas.

Hmmm, this weeks edition:

A mystery man from China (maybe) gives a story, or try's too,

A shop seems to have major supply issues

An inner circle is holding onto possibly juicy updates

And finally a place Taiwan has introduced cheaper Bachrmann for all.

Who says model railways are dull? Com'on Hornby, now you have DC rights, how about a Coronation streamliner running along Gal Gadot's back to complete the excitement?

Taiwan and cheap Bachmann? What announcement did that come with?

• RMweb Premium

Not sure what premature assumption I made,

I got the impression from the previous post that you thought there may have been some trolling. I am quite satisfied that the registration and post was made by the party concerned. Edits were made as he felt the arena may be hostile but he wished to address that he had been incorrectly maligned by comments based on previous information posted.

I have explained that it would be fair for him to have the opportunity to address any issues raised from his business's side.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

The designer for this project has gone radio silent on forum.

A post, potentially from the manufacturer has surfaced.

But what puzzles me more is this one that appeared prior..

Member for 5 years, completely silent but breaks cover for this single post...

The way it read to me was that he had paid for the CADs and the factory hadn't done any work in exchange for payment...?

Why now, why this comment ?

A few previous comments about the new poster should reconsider there words.

I for one think, if genuine, accurate and true, Charlie-c should be encouraged a platform to respond.

I think it wise to reign it in, and listen.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Hmm, looks like my jaunt out to an OFs' Christmas nosh and get together yesterday led me to miss some potentially interesting information.  And 'adb968008' makes a very relevant point because, as ever, there are two sides to any story.

OF: Other Forum

Have you been seeing other forums as well as RMWeb? :)

• RMweb Gold

OF: Other Forum

Have you been seeing other forums as well as RMWeb? :)

A reference to persons of an age who communicate either face-to-face or even by email.  Between us, albeit now in decreasing numbers, over the years we managed to plan the manner in which the WR worked its freight traffic (or in several instances ceased to work it).  I can, as a consequence of yesterday's activity thoroughly recommend the Christmas menu at the Tavern Inn in Kemble, a short walk from the station but be warned as we intend to return there next year. 

• Like 2

The designer for this project has gone radio silent on forum.

A post, potentially from the manufacturer has surfaced.

But what puzzles me more is this one that appeared prior..

Member for 5 years, completely silent but breaks cover for this single post...

Why now, why this comment ?

A few previous comments about the new poster should reconsider there words.

I for one think, if genuine, accurate and true, Charlie-c should be encouraged a platform to respond.

I think it wise to reign it in, and listen.

It would have to be written from a manufacturers perspective. " as someone who owns a company in china making trains " avoid specifying which company ".... We have had dealings with a uk brand " avoid specifying which one " and had so many issues of whatever" brief high view, no specific cases "... That exceptionally, we were forced to cease doing work for them..."

• RMweb Premium

We have had one side of a story (one which didn't refrain from painting a rather unflattering picture of the factory), I think it'd be quite good to get the other side of the story so as to allow people to make a judgement about what happened.

• Like 1

We have had one side of a story (one which didn't refrain from painting a rather unflattering picture of the factory), I think it'd be quite good to get the other side of the story so as to allow people to make a judgement about what happened.

The first side of the story did not state which factory it was. Such a string of posts can only lead in one direction. A horrible mess on here. Which if it leads to enough people dropping out of these projects could mean project collapse and lost monies for all involved.

Those in the crowd funding need to stick to it, pay on time, and if they do then DJM needs to deliver otherwise its game over.

Unless I have missed something here, Dave has not actually posted anything on this forum, hence lots of complaints about his lack of contact.  Another member posted what Dave had provided to those taking part in the crowdfunding of the Class 92 and that statement included the following wording "As you are probably no doubt aware, a ‘falling out’ ( to put it kindly) with the ‘old’ factory left me with no choice but to write off the OO cad/can and proceed with a more reliable one who literally fell into my lap."

As I say, I may have missed something but that statement is purely a statement of fact, he says he has fallen out with the factory but doesn't say what the falling out was about or who was at fault.  Another member has said "one side of a story (one which didn't refrain from painting a rather unflattering picture of the factory)" where was that unflattering picture painted and did it come from Dave?  If it did, I for one missed it.  If there is a dispute between Dave and another organisation then why should we have any right to "make a judgement about what happened".  This is for the two parties to sort out between themselves, or take to the courts if necessary.

I apologise if I am offending anyone but it just seems that some people think they have a right to adjudicate on matters which are basically none of their business.  Should we not give Dave some space to try and sort out the problems he is having and hopefully produce some of the models which have been promised?

I apologise once again if I may have offended anyone, as that was not my intention but it just seems that Dave can do no good as far as some members of this forum are concerned.

Regards

Roddy

• Like 1