Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

Very nice set of video's, makes me think about doing something like that on mine.....no wait a minute I would have to get some trains running......that could be a problem!

Sorted, I'll watch yours instead and learn from the Master.

Very nice set of video's, makes me think about doing something like that on mine.....no wait a minute I would have to get some trains running......that could be a problem!

Sorted, I'll watch yours instead and learn from the Master.

BUT,  Kevin, have you noticed my MASTER STROKE?

No room for Trees, hahhah.

And a very short Video of 6439 and the Autotrain from this morning.

Very nice, and interesting Andy.

I wouldn't normally comment on sounds, its all a bit DCC technical, But 6439 sounds far the better to me.

9610 sounds as though its having trouble - rather asthmatic.

All the best

• Like 1

Chris your a busy Boy by the sounds of it, but I hope you won't be to busy to watch the next Video with the Minerva Pannier on the Local Goods, and doing a spot of shunting.

Andy,

There is always time to watch one of the those in action. 

Chris

Very nice, and interesting Andy.

I wouldn't normally comment on sounds, its all a bit DCC technical, But 6439 sounds far the better to me.

9610 sounds as though its having trouble - rather asthmatic.

All the best

I agree about the Sound being a little asthmatic, I had a similar Sound Chip from SWD in my original Bachmann Brassworks Pannier, and now having 2 different sounds in 2 different Panniers is good, and I like them both.

I've been playing round with my ACE Sig naTrack this evening and even had a look at the manual, and guess what I've found.

We all have many Sound Locos, and most have Chips from different Manufacturer and so consequently have different function settings, so the need for a list of Functions is needed or a damed good memory of which Loco Functions do what.

ACE have the answer, you can re name the ''F'' Numbers as short names. EASY. You can also change each F from instant to Latch as well.

post-9335-0-55372300-1526674629_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30072800-1526674777_thumb.jpg

And you can also name Accessories as well. like this Points Crossover.

post-9335-0-17734100-1526674693_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

At last, the Minerva Pannier on the Mixed Goods from yesterday.

On this one there is a lot of glare from the Sun coming through the windows as it was late afternoon.

Andy P

Ive blinked and missed a whole new evolution of another layout!  Nice work and enjoyed the video. Theres something special about 0 guage ......

Here in NZ Im working with a couple of co owners on expanding and upgrading our little southern 0 guage layout based on Lymbridge pier. But Andy you are a lot faster than we are in building layouts.

regards Andy R

Andy P

Ive blinked and missed a whole new evolution of another layout!  Nice work and enjoyed the video. Theres something special about 0 guage ......

Here in NZ Im working with a couple of co owners on expanding and upgrading our little southern 0 guage layout based on Lymbridge pier. But Andy you are a lot faster than we are in building layouts.

regards Andy R

Thanks Andy, Good to hear from you, and good luck with the project mate.

Hi Andy hope you are taking it easy.

I’m jealous now this is looking good. Are you going to exhibit it, if so I’d like to see this in the fresh.

Keep up the good work.

Mark

Thanks Mark, it is being built to be exhibited, but not by me, other than maybe our Clubs open weekend. Doing an official Show would be to much for me now.

It's also built to be extended over the Level Crossing to more scenic boards, and another Fiddle Yard or Terminus so it's length is not restricted. This would also turn it into a through Station which would again lead to the possibility of another Terminus further down the line, with two, three or more scenic boards in between.

• Like 5

See even every day issues are not solved with that extra C ........just saying

Your right there matey, but at least I'm in control, well a bit anyway.

Hope your well.

• Like 1

Enjoying the build Andy. It is working out very nice.

That controller looks very handy

Don

Thanks Don, The build is steady, and the Layout is coming out a lot less cluttered than I first imagined it would. I'm having a few days off the Build to have a good running session / sessions before I do the next phase.

The Control panel has been a real surprise, when using the hand set, you can leave the screen showing the 28 functions, and also go to accessories without stopping what your doing with the hand set. So changing Points / Signals, and various Loco sound / light functions can not only be seen what is selected on the big screen, but also changed whilst still controlling the Loco and using the first 5 functions on the hand set. Also 2 x or more Loco's with the same type of Chip / Functions can be allocated the same SET Code, i.e. A, B, C etc. as can be seen in the pics.

pics again for those that missed them previously.

post-9335-0-67328700-1526800949_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-67295600-1526801027_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-22327700-1526801087_thumb.jpg

Although the Hand Set is fairly basic, i.e. Speed knob, direction F0,1,2,3, 4 and a Red Stop Button, up to 4 hand sets can be allocated to 4 different Locos, so again on a bigger Layout you could do more than I'm doing on here.

One other thing on the Accessories, is that you don't need to enter accessories each time you want to change a Point or Signal, you just tap previous or next as can be seen in the pic above, so no faffing about and the screen tells you what your changing, i.e. I have No 1 Dairy, No 2 Crossover and No 3 Coal Siding, No 4 will eventually be the Starter Signal.

post-9335-0-22693300-1526801787.jpg

post-9335-0-68163600-1526802229.png

post-9335-0-93135200-1526802196.jpg

Also note in the pic below, you can control the Train from the slider or the increase / decrease buttons as well as the Hand Set.

post-9335-0-94912900-1526802207.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

All looks over complicated. :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:  Just give me a twiddly thingy and I am happy. :sungum:

I just use my phone with a £5.99 app, no wires, 28 functions, controls, locos,points and signals, simples....

post-7101-0-37076200-1526804315_thumb.jpg

Martyn.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I just use my phone with a £5.99 app, no wires, 28 functions, controls, locos,points and signals, simples....

attachicon.gifIMG_0550.JPG

Martyn.

Hi Martyn

My phone is that old the Science Museum has first shout on it when I die.

But surely you need something to connect, sorry I mean interface with it, and still need wires to the track or there is no go? 

• Like 1

All looks over complicated. :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:  Just give me a twiddly thingy and I am happy. :sungum:

Don't want to know what's in your trousers mate.

BACK TO Railways and Pen Y Bont in particular, and another running session is due today, with the door open and loads of fresh air.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Hi Martyn

My phone is that old the Science Museum has first shout on it when I die.

But surely you need something to connect, sorry I mean interface with it, and still need wires to the track or there is no go?

Hi Clive,

Before I explain a bit more, I must say when it comes to anything electrical I am absolutely useless, I can just about get my head around how to change the polarity on a point. And furthermore I have no local club or friends to give me a hand ( Billy no mates )...

So it had to be fairly simple, and yes your correct it needs a Lenz interface, but I just plugged it in and connected it to a cheap router, found the IP address ( think that's what it's called ) put it in the app and Bingo ! Such a relief and easy to use, all the controls at a flick of a finger, literally.....

Sorry I can't help you with a phone, all my workmates laugh at my ( old ) iPhone 4 and ask how long it takes the valves to warm up when I switch it on.... But also you do not need a iPhone , you can use a cheap old iPod or an iPad tablet.

Anyway sorry for the hijack Andy, normal service can now resume.

ATB,

Martyn. PS, Doh, also you need a Lenz control box thingy , sorry still half asleep...

Edited by 3 link