Pen Y Bont from page 39.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

. . . .  Have they threatened you with surgery of any kind? . . . . . 

Didn't need to, they just threatened him with taking his controllers away  :jester:

Seriously though Andy, do take care (and what a way to get out of paying for the breakfast at the show).

Thanks Guys, No threat of Surgery, except from the Axe from the big man above maybe, apparently there is one with my name on it, but it needs sharpening. hahah.

Ah yes but the transport users consultative committee has received a number of closure objections and are considering the matter. The axeman will be beaten

Paul R

• Like 1

Ah yes but the transport users consultative committee has received a number of closure objections and are considering the matter. The axeman will be beaten

Paul R

Thanks Paul, Yes there is a lot of Living to do yet, and I need to get on and finish Pen, or at least do some more bits to it.

• Like 1

I had the privilege of a visit to TOPs this evening and viewed Pen Y Bont in action. What a fantastic layout. The sound fitted Pannier and Auto coach looked and sounded stunning.

Thanks Andy, it was good to see you last night, and to have a chat and put the world to rights. I need to build that Dairy and finish off more details soon, but at least it runs.

• Like 2

Just go to wales ,it seems everyone that goes near the place goes 7mm :)

Brian

Just found this thread. I am a regular visitor to Wales and I’ve done the exact opposite! I’ve sold all my O Gauge stuff and now am starting to dispose of my Canadian HO stuff to concentrate on 4mm EM Gauge set in the South Wales Valleys. Perhaps it depends on which part you visit?

Tim T

• Like 2

Just found this thread. I am a regular visitor to Wales and I’ve done the exact opposite! I’ve sold all my O Gauge stuff and now am starting to dispose of my Canadian HO stuff to concentrate on 4mm EM Gauge set in the South Wales Valleys. Perhaps it depends on which part you visit?

Tim T

Yeah, don't go near to North Wales, it's contagious. :no:

Now South Wales in EM sounds interesting Tim.

• RMweb Gold

Yeah, don't go near to North Wales, it's contagious. :no:

Now South Wales in EM sounds interesting Tim.

Been there (born there actually) and done it in 4 mm scale.

Now doing similar in 7 mm scale!

However, a west Wales line is still a distant 4 mm possibility, although this time I'd stick with 00 and use the new Peco bullhead track and point work.

• Like 2

Been there (born there actually) and done it in 4 mm scale.

Now doing similar in 7 mm scale!

However, a west Wales line is still a distant 4 mm possibility, although this time I'd stick with 00 and use the new Peco bullhead track and point work.

Sounds good Richard, I've seen many Welsh Layouts, from the likes of Marc Smith and others so plenty of Scope around the Valleys.

• RMweb Gold

South Wales layouts remind me of the Gibbon brothers, a plastic tub of coal and a spoon. I was forever being told 'you can't put those wagons together in the same train the're in different valleys'.

Don

• Like 1

South Wales layouts remind me of the Gibbon brothers, a plastic tub of coal and a spoon. I was forever being told 'you can't put those wagons together in the same train the're in different valleys'.

Don

Yes, definitely something to be wary of!

Tim T

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been a little quiet on this thread recently - I hope that is a sign that Andy is taking things easy.

Hi Andy, two things, one I've been taking things easier, and two I've been working on the Station area of Kings Moreton.

There will be more developments shortly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Rat's in my Shed!!!!!!!

Well to be fair, it's only one, and it hasn't actually arrived yet.

It's a Heljan one, converted to Sound with a Paul Chetter Sound Chip and 2 X very large Bass Reflex Speakers set into a housing facing down, one over each Motor Bogie. Directional head code lighting, directional tail lights and cab lighting in both cabs. Fitted with a driver in each end (No2 end chappie looks like the second man taking a rest!!!!) and snow ploughs.(copied from Davis Post).

And beautifully finished and weathered by David / Jintyman from North Wales. The base Model came to me Via Craig / Muddys Blues on my last visit to Wales in April this year.

So cheers Guys, she looks stunning.

post-14906-0-68082200-1530553033_thumb.j

post-14906-0-12754400-1530553014_thumb.j

More pics here on Jinty's Workbench

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115561-jintys-wb-for-7mm/page-33&do=findComment&comment=3219414

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12