Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

You might even have room for me too. ;)

It would be good to see you there Rob.

Minerva pannier.

Bless you!

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Speaking as someone who has planned to come for years but never made it.....I'm actually coming along this year to help Ray Norwood with his layout.

I've seen mention of 'name tags' on here before but I can't seem to find anything on the forum - can I ask what the convention is?

Regards,

James

I apologise to all but unfortunately this year I cannot make it down for the first time due to close-family health issues.

I do hope that everyone has an enjoyable a day as always, I will certainly be thinking of you all!

I have to apologise too had angina attack on Tuesday and currently in hospital in Dorchester.hope you all have good day.

Steve

I have to apologise too had angina attack on Tuesday and currently in hospital in Dorchester.

Steve

Edited by spenc

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Speaking as someone who has planned to come for years but never made it.....I'm actually coming along this year to help Ray Norwood with his layout.

I've seen mention of 'name tags' on here before but I can't seem to find anything on the forum - can I ask what the convention is?

Regards,

James

For the exhibitors, I will produce & bring badges on the day.

For the visiting members, a pile of blank badges will be supplied by the door with a pen.

Stu

• RMweb Gold

With the on-thread notifications that neither Andy Y or Lady Ava will be attending this year, we don't have an 'official' photographer for the day.

Please feel free to bring a camera along to record the event for those poor souls who will miss it.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Regards,

James

In lieu of a namebadge, exhibitors are expected to wear a red carnation in the left lapel of their smoking jacket, carry a rolled up copy of the days Times newspaper under their right arm and use the phrase,

" Roger the dog is wearing long trousers after lunch today"

when greeting other exhibitors.

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

While I am sorry not to be attending - as is Sherry! - I have to say I have still not quite recovered from being accused last year of leaving lipstick stains on my coffee cup. Quite apart from the fact that I was sharing a table with Lady Ava and Sherry, it must have been obvious to the cruel lady making the allegation that it wasn't my shade! These things can stay with you for a long time. 

• RMweb Gold

In lieu of a namebadge, exhibitors are expected to wear a red carnation in the left lapel of their smoking jacket, carry a rolled up copy of the days Times newspaper under their right arm and use the phrase,

Rob.

The official reply being:

"Roger the Cabin Boy is illegal on Sundays."

• RMweb Gold

Would you Adam and eve it - my smoking jacket is at the dry cleaners!

looking forward to meeting you all.

ATB,

James

• RMweb Gold

Would you Adam and eve it - my smoking jacket is at the dry cleaners!

looking forward to meeting you all.

ATB,

James

So, what was that password again? Wear a tin of Carnation milk in the pocket, with the password "The rogering dog is dining out, whilst eating lunch...."

No, hang on..  "The dog is eating Carnation milk in long trousers...."

No, I'll try again... "The dog knows Roger, who watches Coronation Street after lunch...."

Got it!

K. Neetrembler.

• Like 1

So, what was that password again? Wear a tin of Carnation milk in the pocket, with the password "The rogering dog is dining out, whilst eating lunch...."

No, hang on..  "The dog is eating Carnation milk in long trousers...."

No, I'll try again... "The dog knows Roger, who watches Coronation Street after lunch...."

Got it!

K. Neetrembler.

If that's the case I may turn up later in order to miss the queue of Webbers fumbling with their password login-ins !

Al Symers

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Too late, Stu! SWAGONIAN and Non-SWAGONIAN desk-top printers will be red-hot churning out these notes by the sackful now. I predict a period of rampant inflation in the price of SWAG pasties coming on...  :wild:  :sarcastic:

I can visualise a train of bullion vans arriving at Temple Meads behind multiple Barclay saddle tanks, being handed over to a string of Peckett's, their safety valves lifting, ready rush the train over the levels. What a sight they'll be, rods flashing round, as they come across the Cogload fly-over! 

• Like 1