Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Fred Rich said:

October 2018, which makes me question whether they’re working on a first come first served basis.

Would it help if my threw my dolls out of a pram? :P

You wouldn't be the first to do so on this thread................

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

Don’t get me wrong I’m looking forward to mine arriving. I’m sure it will be brilliant. I’m also looking forward to watching the various review videos that will be posted on YouTube over the coming weeks.

The samples I saw of the Class 66 at Warley were awesome and definitely a few steps above the Bachmann 66. Just wish I could be posting something positive about having received mine in the post today.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Fred Rich said:

October 2018, which makes me question whether they’re working on a first come first served basis.

Would it help if I threw my dolls out of a pram? :P

I believe that it is traditional on the internet to make a positive contribution to forums before complaining.

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, newbryford said:

You wouldn't be the first to do so on this thread................

To be fair, I threw my doll out of the pram on the principle of reviewer transparency, not the product itself, nor delivery.

But, please do carry on...

Edited by truffy
  • Funny 1

19 minutes ago, Fred Rich said:

Fair enough then sounds like they have a nice big hat in operation then.

I think at this point its part of the joining ceremony :p

• RMweb Gold

The ordering system used and cut off points for delivery times for both before and after the Christmas holiday period have been documented on both this forum and on Hattons website.They have a chat line to discuss issues as they arise.Initial orders taken when  the model was first announced last year take priority in terms of delivery .Hence the airlift recently arrived and dispatched to those who placed their orders within that timescale...

I sincerely hope you will not use this forum just to express “frustration and disappointment “.There is so much more you can explore in terms of experience and knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 20/12/2019 at 16:15, Pete the Elaner said:

Warning panel yellow is a good example. It varies massively. It didn't suddenly change in 1984 as Railmatch's range seems to infer.

Signal Yellow was the original shade used, but it was found to fade/weather quite badly, around 1985 Warning Panel Yellow was introduced which had a warmer very slightly orange hue to replace it. A number of other shades of Yellow were also used later on when privatization commenced.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

The ordering system used and cut off points for delivery times for both before and after the Christmas holiday period have been documented on both this forum and on Hattons website.They have a chat line to discuss issues as they arise.Initial orders taken when  the model was first announced last year take priority in terms of delivery .Hence the airlift recently arrived and dispatched to those who placed their orders within that timescale...

I sincerely hope you will not use this forum just to express “frustration and disappointment “.There is so much more you can explore in terms of experience and knowledge.

By all means please provide me with a link with the info because the most up to date info I’ve seen on Hattons website tells me I should be receiving mine before Christmas. 

Very much looking forward to exploring all sorts of other topics through rmweb too of a more positive nature! But doesn’t everyone like a little moan every now and again? ;-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mdvle said:

That's correct for North America (pilot), but in the UK it's officially called the 'obstacle deflector', although it may have other colloquial (possibly even regional) names. Back OT, from the few photos posted so far, it looks to be very lifelike - tricky for such a thin item.  

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Fred Rich said:

By all means please provide me with a link with the info because the most up to date info I’ve seen on Hattons website tells me I should be receiving mine before Christmas. 

Very much looking forward to exploring all sorts of other topics through rmweb too of a more positive nature! But doesn’t everyone like a little moan every now and again? ;-)

Ever thought of picking up an old fashioned telephone to ask ? To repeat...those who placed an order prior to Hattons last orders date get theirs from an initial air freight received now or have to wait until the seaborne container arrives with the rest.Have a good trawl back to the beginning of this thread to research further if you wish.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Ever thought of picking up an old fashioned telephone to ask ? To repeat...those who placed an order prior to Hattons last orders date get theirs from an initial air freight received now or have to wait until the seaborne container arrives with the rest.Have a good trawl back to the beginning of this thread to research further if you wish.

You clearly haven’t read all of my posts in detail!

This is the up to date project page on Hattons website (updated today).

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=288

The loco I preordered is from the original 30 announced liveries/numbers, and I order before 15 November this year (October 2018 to be precise). I have ordered it as DCC ready and not DCC sound. According to the table of delivery times I should be getting mine before Christmas.

With this information in hand I contacted Hattons this afternoon by their website instant messenger to enquire about my order. I was told that my order would not arrive until January as there were apparently not enough sent by air to fulfil all the pre-orders made BEFORE the cut off date.

In other words even though according to the published delivery dates mine should be arriving before Christmas it will not.

My main moan is that Hattons website information is inaccurate and they have NOT contacted customers like myself to inform us that we will not be receiving our models in accordance with the published schedule.

In my book this is poor customer service. If they had bothered to send out emails to all customers whose orders should have been fulfilled before Christmas according to their own schedule (See link above) then that would be fair enough. But they haven’t and that is what irks me (alongside the tone of your replies).

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Fred Rich said:

There could be a number of issues or reasons why Hattons have sent them out the way that they have. 

They may try and contact those who ordered first. As in first come, first served, but with things such as card details changing, selecting the postage option, changes of address, number sent of that particular livery from factory, number sent with the right digital equipment fitted - there could be reasons why you haven't had yours shipped out first. They will only have air freighted in a number with the rest coming in january or feburary as anticipated when they had announced the model was delayed. 

Hattons are a business and those that get money in, paid in full with details confirmed will have theirs sent out. Yours could be one of the most popular liveries demanded. In which case, enjoy when it gets there and it will be worth the wait. 

Meanwhile... welcome to the forum and if your struggling with dolls in your pram. Just wait till you have to detect sarcasm and wit that normally gets misinterpreted. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Anyone got a picture of 66740?

Mine arrived today but haven’t really got it out the box to have a good look at.

what I did notice, and have contacted Hattons about, is there’s no nameplates fitted and non in the box 

if no-one beats me to it will try and post some pics tomorrow 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Fred Rich said:

The loco I preordered is from the original 30 announced liveries/numbers, and I order before 15 November this year (October 2018 to be precise). I have ordered it as DCC ready and not DCC sound. According to the table of delivery times I should be getting mine before Christmas.

With this information in hand I contacted Hattons this afternoon by their website instant messenger to enquire about my order. I was told that my order would not arrive until January as there were apparently not enough sent by air to fulfil all the pre-orders made BEFORE the cut off date.

In other words even though according to the published delivery dates mine should be arriving before Christmas it will not.

My main moan is that Hattons website information is inaccurate and they have NOT contacted customers like myself to inform us that we will not be receiving our models in accordance with the published schedule.

In my book this is poor customer service. If they had bothered to send out emails to all customers whose orders should have been fulfilled before Christmas according to their own schedule (See link above) then that would be fair enough. But they haven’t and that is what irks me (alongside the tone of your replies).

You mean all six of them ? Do me a favour...you have an issue with Hattons ? Then take it up with them and please do not weaponise this forum with a diatribe of complaint.Irks you...indeed..how sad.

• Like 2

Ho Ho Ho Mick!

I thought avoiding dolls thrown from prams would be an occupational hazard having 3 daughters but reading this is more risky! 

Its nearly Christmas and the Hattons team have obviously worked hard including a night shift to get these models out to as many people as they can. Great to see the positive comments and the video from SDJR 88. Maybe a bit of thanks instead of a bunch of moaning wouldn’t go amiss. It’s only a toy train at the end of the day. 

As it goes this Christmas I have a nice Bachmann sound fitted 37 under the tree, an extremely generous gift from my mum. 

I don’t have a nice Hattons 66 yet or even ordered however between now and the end of Feb I hope to have saved for a nice sound fitted pair ready to put into service at Glasgow show where I will enjoy running them. 

Happy Christmas everyone

Well done to Hattons and those involved to make the lighting and sound the best we’ve seen yet in 4mm

Cheers

Mark

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

You realise many of these people get paid by Google / YouTube to upload these videos right?
Okay, they get paid for X amount of subscribers and views.

But remember, filming and editing is a hobby to them.  Nobody is going to spend hours doing it for no personal gain.

I understand from Hattons, they've ploughed loads of money into this and want it to be as successful as possible, so in this day and age, sending them to reviewers for YouTube videos / free advertising, good on them.

But seriously, don't paint YouTube uploaders as people who do it out of the goodness of their hearts.

The majority do not.

I disagree.

most do it for no gain. Its still an amateur site at heart... the problem with being an amateur is no one finds your videos.

there are many who do it for gain, but I think your stat is the wrong way around, as those who watch the most, are watching the channels with most views...those who are amateurs are missed.

its all relative though.. in our hobby theres no “big” numbers, if you've reached 5 figures you’ve done well... I doubt theres anyone with a million viewers of model railways.

getting paid a fraction of a cent per viewing, your not getting rich in model railways.

Youtube isn't a get rich quick in model railways thing..., Youtube even told me once if I added ads to one of my videos I could have earned 25c... excuse me being so bold but going to the toilet during working hours earns me more than that, let alone waiting for 2 years of viewings to earn it, after spending  a few hours or so making it, and a £100+ in travel etc going to see and film it initially over a weekend originally.

i’ll give you my stats... Ive over 120 videos on my channel... after 5 years, some have gotten 500 views... some are still under 20... but one... is at over 40,000, 2nd rated on google...

and no one paid me a brass cent, I don't advertise.. i purely do it for fun, (i’m neutral),  and my 9 year old daughter loves helping me do it... i’ll release my next one on Christmas day.. I hope I get 50 views and as it has recorded music, its copyright pending... but its about trains.

I (we) do it purely for fun, so people like you can criticise it and tell us how bad it is, the difference being we got off our armchairs, soaked ourselves in the environment, had lots of fun & shared the experience, hitting “dislike” doesnt matter, we can always hide the video, but we ultimately did have the memories, and that can't be taken away.

your too negative, not everyone on youtube is Taylor Swift, and most Dont care for model or real trains...

its a minority not a majority, youtube is still predominantly about fun, and those will be the most honest videos.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, Fred Rich said:

Its only a toy train, its not life nor death.  You've ordered the loco, you'll get it next month when the rest arrive, what actual difference does it make?

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, MM1991 said:

Its only a toy train, its not life nor death.  You've ordered the loco, you'll get it next month when the rest arrive, what actual difference does it make?

One less "me too" video............?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 21/12/2019 at 14:04, atom3624 said:

Here's a close-up of my Patriot - absolutely superb!!

If I remember back to my - sold - Bachmann Freightliner, the green seems a little brighter, but I'm no expert in which is correct, and certainly not bothered!!  

Some of the earlier Bachmann Freightliner models were of duller/more muted tones, both the main shade of green and FL yellow, whilst later releases were more vibrant across all colours, so if your Bachmann model was one of the earlier ones then that might well be the case perhaps?  Either way, the Hattons Freightliner green looks about right, to my eye at least...

Thinking back also to the debate around the GBRf orange/yellow shades and like a few others I feared that the contrast between colours was going to be way out.  However, now that the model is in front of me I'm pleased to see that the orange on the model appears excellent, to my eye at least, and the contrast next to the warning yellow seems perfectly fine. 

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Fred Rich said:

& with over 60 pages in the thread, nobody is likely to view them all & remember who said what.

I don't have mine yet. Big deal.

Use some perspective. They are toys. We will survive without them.

I have lots to do on my layout over the Christmas period.

I have said this already but Hattons are not withholding models to annoy people. They take no money until they send them.

Their communication has been really good but they need a little space to sort out whatever it is they need to sort out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

& with over 60 pages in the thread, nobody is likely to view them all & remember who said what.

I don't have mine yet. Big deal.

Use some perspective. They are toys. We will survive without them.

I have lots to do on my layout over the Christmas period.

I have said this already but Hattons are not withholding models to annoy people. They take no money until they send them.

Their communication has been really good but they need a little space to sort out whatever it is they need to sort out.

Indeed, I am not getting my sound 66 until next year. Nothing was said when ordering that sound would come later. Am I complaining, absolutely not, it arrives when it does. For Hattons to have gone to the efforts that they have to get those they have received out before Christmas is first rate. 

Models have come on leaps and bounds in the last few years, yes customers’ expectations have risen equally, but I find some of the negativity astounding. 

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1