IRM To Produce CIE A/001 Class Locomotive

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Do you keep a list of the not so lovely you give to Santa Claus,thats got us all sweating now.

It's easy to tell which list you are on - if you only get charged the deposit for an item then you're on the good list.

• Funny 2

• 2 months later...

Trust me gentlemen the Deltics and Class 37 locos will be worth waiting for judging by the astonishing quality of the recently delivered Irish Metrovics. Hyper scale details, and chassis precision engineering on a new level.  

metrovic A class in 1950s CIE livery

IMG_5320.JPG

Metrovic A class early 1960s CIE livery

IMG_5178.JPG

Metrovic A class late 1960s livery

IMG_4684.JPG

The smooth running quality of these locos crawling over pointwork on speed step 1 has to be seen to be believed. It bodes extremely well for the Deltic and class 37s. A very happy customer.  Locos manufactured to exacting standards we have never seen the like of before.

Two Accurascale A class locos running on the other layout

Edited by NoelG
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, tractionman said:

spotted on another forum, well deserved recognition for a superb model:

Screenshot_20220218-224810.png.168e647d2c536e519268c334ef7b91a6.png

What I simply cannot understand is why the GT3 got more votes than the Class A. (or the new Bachmann Class 20)  There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind from photos and, most importantly, properly done reviews, that the A was a country mile ahead of the GT3 in every possible respect that you can think of and it didn't need new parts to be sent later to correct childish errors.  We live in a very strange world when polls come out with results like that.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few pics of Accurascale A class locos running on the layout. Chassis with more smooth precision that a Swiss watch 

Original Metrovic with the Crossley power plant as delivered to CIE. This livery didn't last long, and got very grubby within weeks of entering service. The silver was just a dirty magnet. This model is of class leader A1 which comes in a presentation box.

IMG_5316.JPG

A46 in late 50s, early 60s CIE flying snail green livery.

IMG_5560.JPG

A55 in CIE black livery used in the mid 1960s

IMG_5188.JPG

A12 Black CIE A class with yellow flash. 

IMG_5536.JPG

A3r A class rebuilt with more reliable GM/EMD power plants with the stepped black'n'tan Livery that was employed from mid 1960s to mid 1970s. These locos proved reliable once the Crossley power was replaced with GM/EMD units and ran until the mid 1990s when they were withdrawn and scrapped.

IMG_4684.JPG

A23r Rebuilt CIE with GM/EMD power plant in CIE Black'n'Tan livery which was used until the mid 1970s.

IMG_4028.JPG

The body detailing and in particular the bogies are out of this world. Great runners could haul 30+ coaches.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I would suggest if there is one still in stock on the EU site that you want to ask to have it transferred to the UK site. I get the impression from the IRM forum that the two sites/shops have separate stock.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nile said:

I would suggest if there is one still in stock on the EU site that you want to ask to have it transferred to the UK site. I get the impression from the IRM forum that the two sites/shops have separate stock.

They didn't used to, but well, something happened to change all that.

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not directly related, but I think possibly the most relevant place to post this. The Downpatrick and County Down Railway has suffered a major flood and has launched an appeal to riase money to recover the situation. Watching the video below, it is heartbreaking to see the scale of the damage. I post this link in the hope that we RMWebbers can help in some small way.

https://youtu.be/hk5C2MQFuPk

Roy

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Who knew this then.......

That is pretty well know. At the time it was the heaviest item ever carried by air. It was later beaten by a generator of some sort. That is not an A cliass as you no doubt know.

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1