Warminster Exhibition June 8 2019

queensquare

• RMweb Gold

Well that was well worth the effort :)

Many thanks to all the exhibitors and the wonderful purveyors of cakes ;) 

Superb modelling, plenty of friendly chats and a lovely relaxed atmosphere, Nothing I’d change. Thanks to those who even as the show was about to close still ran for the camera. I can’t pick a stand out as they all were worthy of the accolades above. 

Looking forward to the next one, I must take the day off if it clashes with work so I can spend more time next to the excellent refreshments table as I only managed one visit :) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I had a most enjoyable morning at the Warminster Show. It really was a wonderful exhibition and my thanks and congratulations to all of you who were involved in putting it on, exhibiting and attending as trade. The cakes were delicious and service outstanding. Having it take place only every two years is a matter of frustration to a visitor but maybe its also part of the reason for its success!  Whatever, very many thanks, I shall just have to be patient.

very best wishes

Godfrey

PS The LSWR lamp in 4mm which Alan Butler had on his ModelU stand was exquisite and he has made it modular which allows him to produce other styles in the future, clever man!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It was a wonderful show with beautiful layouts. Impossible to choose a favourite over the others.  Had some lovely chats with exhibitors who were only too happy to include (and humour) no1 son, Teddy, known to some as Nampara’s junior assistant under platelayer and track tester. The cakes were delicious too!

Thanks to Jerry and all who made the day so enjoyable.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Had an excellent day at the Warminster show helping to operate Wadebridge. An all round excellent show (and cakes!)

7C1F8A64-2865-4B5A-88B4-0D500A6AB3E7.jpeg.48b8d69405a2df82e91102e4db4c884c.jpegA92682CD-382B-4E82-9CD9-E5A5BF6E9486.jpeg.edd5c6405593491077311d6f9f02ed8a.jpeg

Tom. 

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I was unable to attend as I was at another show exhibiting. 

It looks to have been a smashing show, equally as good as the inaugural show in 2017. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

It was right up there with other finescale shows. It was nice to have comfy setees on which to rest a while.

Kim and the ladies cakes were...well...so moreish! 

Thank you Jerry for a first rate show.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Jerry and the team,

A brilliant show in a very pleasant venue - a pleasure to be there.  ALL the exhibits were exceptional (I suppose that is an oxymoron!!) and the cakes were excellent.

Congratulations,

John

As a recent returnee to railway modelling this was a truly inspirational show. Amazing to see some excellent modeling and I wanted to say I really appreciate the patience of the demonstrators and their willingness to answer questions. Thanks to Jerry and the team for making everyone welcome.

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for all the kind comments about the show. I didn't get a chance to take any photos on the day but spotted these two videos on YouTube which provide an excellent overview of some of the fantastic exhibits we had.

A big thank you to all the exhibitors, traders, demonstrators and galley staff for making it such an enjoyable and successful day.

Jerry

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Adrian Colenutt kindly agreed to take some pictures on the day and sent me a stick last week. A combination of family visits and preparations for Glastonbury Festival have meant I'm only now getting time to start posting them - starting with the important stuff - presentations and cakes!

We had four shortlisted Cameo competition entries at the show, including the winner, and two which hadn't been able to make it to the final at Railex a fortnight previously. It was therefore particularly pleasing to be able to present Paul Ash (Hembourne) and Richard Phipp (Alma Street Quay) with their Wild Swan book tokens. Making the presentation are messrs. Castons, Rice, Gravett and Nevard.

IMG_0418.JPG.8e3ce6a7747ae030d0559275cc7d2f74.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG.baefb2f0d7396405c56aa0c38ef5a534.JPG

Tea and cake is central to the success of the show and I give you our fantastic team receiving a well deserved bottle or four - much more use than the usual flowers!!

Left to right, yours truly, Helen Welch, Gill Norman, daughter Steph, Edna Greenwood and my wife Kim. The team were magnificent and are seen here toward the end of the day as people took advantage of my very generous free clingfilm offer with all take away orders!

The stunning array of cakes themselves, almost all home made, were made by wives, friends and members of the Mendip Group and a huge thank you goes out to them.

IMG_0556.JPG.ec6d5b59dae25345d9eb35dbdb387b49.JPG

Jerry

IMG_0338.JPG

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A belated thank you very much to Jerry and everyone else for an absolutely top show!

Here are a few unofficial snaps...

The dodgy snap of the kitchen babes, oh and Jerry too...

Rich Phipp with "Alma Quay", a shortlisted Cameo layout of great character(!)

Sorry if these don't come out in the right order, here's that dodgy bloke from near Exeter...

Thanks to all involved!

Simon

DSCN0475.JPG

DSCN0467.JPG

DSCN0461.JPG

• Like 3
  • Funny 1