Phil Parker

LLC update from Steve

5 hours ago, paulbb said:

On the 23/2/2018 I recieved an email from LLC (Steven Leathers)  which discussed crowdfunding for the class 22  and invited my participation.

One of the risks was stated quite clearly;

'Another risk is that LLC could cease to trade for whatever reason. In that case also you would lose access to all paid sums, and depending on the nature of that cessation you may not receive any payment from the liquidation of LLCs assets.'

this and the fact that the technology for the loco looked , well a bit ambitous made me 'wait and see'.

I had that email too, and read & digested the implications, especially of the part quoted above.

What I didn't anticipate was what has actually happened - after what seemed like a solid start with the Class 15, & the Ruston 'apparently' about to hit the shelves, there seemed no reason to doubt the Class 22 would be produced, & we'd all be happy bunnys. I expect many other funders felt the same. I have not sought or expected a return of my money, I am just extremely disappointed that it all went belly-up, and the manner in which it did so.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

22 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

I am just extremely disappointed that it all went belly-up, and the manner in which it did so.

Given that it was a result of illness that ended his business, Steve would likely agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

19 hours ago, delticfan said:

I remember LLC selling the kits for the Class 04 which apart from the wheels and some fittings were basically junk as far as the etchings went

I bought and subsequently sold an 04 kit and I was convinced it was LLC but found the instructions the other day and they said "right price loco". Were these companies linked or completely unrelated?

Edited by Hal Nail

Good to hear Steve has made/making a recovery.

I will not say anything about expecting an outcome either way regarding the models, would not be correct in the circumstance I believe.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Wonderful news! I've spoken to Steve a few times and he's always come across as very passionate. I hope he can manage things somehow.

• Like 3

I am delighted to hear the Steve appears to be well on the road to recovery. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

Very positive news, both in the matter of Steve's health and his renewed motivation, good to hear!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Great news that Steve has got a clean bill of health ! who knows maybe there might be some more news yet !

• Like 1

Yes, great news to hear that Steve has recovered well and is feeling positive and in the right frame of mind to pick up the next activities.  As everyone else has said, we need to be patient to see what occurs without any additional pressures.  Looking forward to see what happens.

• Like 1